Your First Ride

KaliSplash

Well, not counting the parking lot tram, or the Ferry Boat (line for Monorail was extremely long, my first ride was the WedWay PeopleMover, way back in 1979. (I can't believe I waited so long to go the first time)

tink rules

Mine was WDW RR....

Then we went to the Jungle Cruise and had such a long wait that it is still family lore and I shudder when I think of it!!!! I got stuck again in 1992 when I thought that the line was short, but I didn't realize that it probably snaked all the way to the TTC and back to the MK before getting on a boat.

I'm going in Dec... and not without FP... if I can get mom to get over the flashbacks....

robynchic

AuntTia said:
I was only three so I don't remember much. I do remember riding the monorail at night and seeing the castle glowing in the distance. That's my favorite memory. My worst memory is a Hitchhiking Ghost sitting in my lap. I was almost 30 before I made it back to WDW and the thing I wanted to do the most was ride the Monorail.
*swipes the thread for a moment*
Aunt Tia, isn't it Mechanicsville? And is that where the track is? Or Martinsville? I du'no...I'm so confused when I get out of the town my school is in or the adjacent town, or when I'm home.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The only thing I can clearly remember was being awestruck in Main Street and without having visited a single attraction Mrs Sak and I vowing that we would definately be coming back.

If I were to hazard a guess Id say Splash mountain, based on the old logic of heading to the back of the park at opening time.

Punkss

Yep, its the Raceway for me too, and I couldn't believe I was jus a little British boy driving in America, talk about land of the free. I was so excited.

And it was 4 lanes too, we didn't have anything like that back home then and there has only just been a ride at Legoland which is only similar but not as good.

Guess what i went on first with girlfriend 10 years later (last year)...yep the Raceway!

browniebee

listentotheland said:
i was 6, and the ride was mr. toad. i still avoid the new pooh ride like the plauge.

I do too because that was the first ride I really remember loving but my parents bribed me to go on Pooh this past summer. :(

DisneyFanLS

Okay I'm telling my AGE here....

The FIRST time I went to WDW was in (I think.....see...they say the MEMORY is the FIRST thing to go)....around 19....um....75??? Or 76??? Well anyway, the only park then WAS the Magic Kingdom and my VERY FIRST RIDE EVER was the Haunted Mansion!!! And I think we wound up riding it six or seven times that day....(that was WAY back when they still had that "E-Ride" Ticket thing)....JEEZ.....I'M A GEEZER!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: :D

MartyMouse

Discmen said:
My first "attraction" at WDW (there are no rides, only attractions) was the Mickey Mouse Review. My little sister always insisted that we do Fantasyland first, and that was always the first attraction we did, until it was viciously ripped out and taken away to Tokyo. I really love Philharmagic, which is very similar in that it features a host of Disney characters, but it doesn't hold a candle to the elaborate animatronic brillance of the Review. Oh, how I miss it.

I remember that show!

Didn’t it disappear before Tokyo Disneyland opened, around the time they switched from the ticket system? I know that the theater sat empty before Magic Journeys moved over from EPCOT Center. If we’re counting transportation, than the Ferry Boat from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom was my first ride too.

For all the people who experienced their first attraction at EPCOT, I’m surprised that Space Ship Earth wasn’t their first attraction, I know it was my first EPCOT attraction, however I was floored by Horizons when I first road it back in 82/83 (???), I had never seen the future depicted so “accurately” (for the day).

cherrynegra

May, 1995, Epcot, Universe of Energy. I had never been to WDW and my friend who was a DVC member and had been going for years told me she was taking me to the most exciting ride EVER!! Oh, boy did I wanna kill her afterwards. :lol: This was way before Ellen ever showed up and during the time of "SHALE...THE ROCK THAT BURNS!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom