Your First Ride

foldmama

My first Disney rides actually took place at the World's Fair in Queens, NY. I believe it was 1965 and I was 10. It was a IASW and COP. I have been in love ever since those first magical moments. It's actually the only thing I remember about the World's Fair. I remember watching WWOD every Sunday night before bedtime! My parents did not have the money to visit Disney in CA, so I had to wait until I was 22! My dream did come true, I just had to wait a bit!

Snapper Bean

...at Magic Kingdom: Jungle Cruise in April 1974
...at Epcot: World of Motion in December 1982
...at Disney-MGM Studios: The Great Movie Ride in March 1990
...at Animal Kingdom: Kilmanjaro Safaris in October 1999.

Snapper Bean

bigkidz895

While I don't remember it, my folks tell me that it was Space Mountain. Apparently, when the park first opened, there weren't too many concerns about hight or weight restrictions. From what I gather, I was so terrified, it took a long time to convince me to even right It's a Small World after that! (Go figure.) I wouldn't ride anything else after that. My mom tells me that although she felt sorry and responsible for the terrifing ride at SM, she was glad to ride Small World over, and over, and over, and over.... She admits that it started getting old after about the 5th or 6th time in a row. :hammer:

Probably explains why I HATE rollercoasters! Too bad really, they look like a lot of fun and my wife loves 'em! :brick:

Every year I'm at WDW, I'll walk right on by SM and will still to this day ride Small World, even though I'm in my 30's... (*Thank goodness I've stopped curling up in a ball and s__________g my thumb while rocking back and forth and shaking my head as if to make it "all go away".*) :lol:

Smee

It was on our honeymoon 25 yrears ago this week, (October 11th to be exact). Our first visit to the park, we rode Tiki Birds and thought it was very cool. I think it was a C ticket.

disneykw

Don't remember what my first ride was, but my mom keeps reminding me that once when I was little I had an accident in my diaper aboard 20,000 Leagues and that I stunk up the whole sub.:lookaroun

robynchic

The first one I remember, I was 3 years old. I started walking at a young age, so at 3, my parents didn't have a stroller for me. I was also small, so if I wanted a nap, my parents would carry me.
So I'm napping, and wake up, and see some people dancing, and I kind of doze off again. Then I wake up again, and see a man and a dog (I felt bad for the dog). I was waking up slowly, until I saw something sitting on my lap! I SCREAMED bloody murder. A CM had to ask my dad if everything was okay.

You know, ever since then, my favorite ride has been the Haunted Mansion. *shrugs* go figure.

sabian

kaylasmom said:
I can't remember what ride I went on first... I was way too young.

But I can remember that everytime we went when I was a kid, I always couldn't wait to get a blue mickey balloon (long before the silver mylar ones). That was back in the day when MK still served Waffle Fries at the Columbia Harbor House, and Hunts was still the official Ketchup. I don't know why I remember that, other than everytime I go to put ketchup on my fries now I comment on how much better it was when they served REAL ketchup!!!
Yeah, I remember those balloons, too. The problem was if you let part of the ballon under those old blacklights they used to use to check handstamps, it would deflate one of the ears. I was so disappointed. Its a small world was my first ride, too

mitchk

The 1st time I went to Disney was Oct of 1987 (sounds so long ago, but feels like it was yesterday). I stayed at the Howard Johnson Hotel in what is now Kissimmeee. There was no downtown Disney (I think it was the Disney village?? ) , and The Rain forest Cafe was Chief Mickey's or something. Anyway, the first ride I went on was the Jungle Cruise, followed by Pirates of the Caribbean. I loved them. Next it was on to SnowWhites Adventure (scared the hell out of me ). It started to rain so we called it a day. The next day we went to EPCOT Center. Spaceship Earth was the first ride I got on (I loved it ). Then it was on to Journey into Imagination. That was my favorite, My Grandmom bought me a Figment hand puppet, and a Figment figurine. Then it was off to The Living Seas. I remember the sea cabs quite well. I always thought that was the best part of the attraction, even though it was a short ride. Later that week I saw the HM, Mr. toad, Small World ( I never really liked that ride) Tiki birds, and The Country Bears. I also got to see Horizons, WOM, UOE, and some show/film with a cartoon something or other, that was interacting with Humans on the screen (I can't remember?? ). Last thing I seem to remember about Epcot was there was a little robot roaming around (I think near Inoventions, or Communicore ?? ) Well, sorry to ramble, but this post bought back a lot of memories.

AuntTia

I was only three so I don't remember much. I do remember riding the monorail at night and seeing the castle glowing in the distance. That's my favorite memory. My worst memory is a Hitchhiking Ghost sitting in my lap. I was almost 30 before I made it back to WDW and the thing I wanted to do the most was ride the Monorail.

DisneySam

MK..... was TTA...we ate lunch at the castle and were waiting for our Buzz fast passes...

MGM....Star Tours which I loved even though at the time I had not seen the movies...

EPCOT....SSE [This past August] I insisted it be first.

AK....Kilamanjaro Safari [of course]

SpenceMan01

It's been so long, I can't even remember what my first ride was at any of the parks except for AK (first visit was Jan 05). First thing was rode was Killamanjaro Safaris (of course).

On our last trip (my GF's first trip), our first ride was Pooh at MK, TT at Epcot and ToT at MGM. (AK: see above)

nyfrenchy

Alien Encounter!... July 95

That was our very very first disneyworld experience for me and my parents, we had absolutely no idea whatsoever what was in store for us when we got in line.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
hmmm.. I think it was Mr. toad but can't be shore I only 6 but I remember the first time i went on the huanted mansion I was such a baby I can remember being just about ready to cry :lol: once I got out of it I wanted to go on like all that night

I visited Disney atleast twice when I was in my Moms stomach, but I'm not sure what rides she rode.. Does that count?

I know I went to Disney 3 times before I was 1 year old (so I've been told). I imagine Peter Pan or It's A Small World was one of my first rides

LostNametag

Oh man...I really had to think about this one..Thats sad. Lets see, my first park was The Studios...hmm. It was just the three of us walking around and non eof us wanted to ride anythig big. So I guess my first ride was The Great Movie Ride. Either that or Star Tours. That trip left a whole lot to be discovered. I'm just glad I got to. =)

CoasterJunkie

Well, besides the bus fromn Fort Wilderness to the TTC and then the Monorail, it would be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (now known as 6 Feet under the hundred acre wood, Under 1,000 lbs of pooh, etc) in November of 1990, when I was 5 years old.

Coincidentely, my first ride at Disneyland was (besides the Monorail) Submarine Voyage in May of 1991. Been back to WDW a few times since ('97, '01, Fall CP '04), but never back to Disneyland :(.

ntoeman

MK...IASW
Epcot...I don't know that I went on any rides, but I know we went to Innoventions
first
MGM...GMR
AK...Bug's Life

Timmay

Too long ago to remember...had to have been the MK though.

I do know the last ride I rode there was ToT. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom