Your First Ride

ms7479a

Original Poster
What was the first ride you ever went on in Disney World? For me, I rember as if it were yesterday, it was Its a Small World, we rode around twice because there was nobody else in line and they let us just stay on.

nicholas

I guess technically, it would be a WDW bus from Port Orleans (back when it was called Port Orleans) to MGM. First attraction was ToT.

stankly182

My first ride was the Tower of Terror in 1996. It was my first trip ever to WDW. I was so scared to ride it and my mom thought she would be cute and tell me I could get off at the top before it dropped down. Needless to say I rode it the whole way down, and I am glad I did.

crazydaveh

The raceway!

I remember looking at the cars and knowing I was going to drive them at the age of six! Oh there was nothing like it!

I think in our three day trip, we hit the raceway about a dozen times! I drove everyone in the family!

And that's why the raceway should stay... Kids love the fact that they can drive!

Oh... I want to go now! It's still better than driving in on I 4!

helliker

Well first time I went I was 3 and I don't remember. But when I went for the 2nd time it was Figment, the newest one. It was actually it's opening day when we were there and there was no line then either! For me it was a bad first impression of WDW.

HunnyPot

Mine was IASW too. The first rollercoaster I ever rode was Big Thunder. I remember that more than anything. We would go every year (twice!) and my older brother was always tall enough to ride and I never was. But, then that day came and I got to ride too! It was so much fun!

kaylasmom

I can't remember what ride I went on first... I was way too young.

But I can remember that everytime we went when I was a kid, I always couldn't wait to get a blue mickey balloon (long before the silver mylar ones). That was back in the day when MK still served Waffle Fries at the Columbia Harbor House, and Hunts was still the official Ketchup. I don't know why I remember that, other than everytime I go to put ketchup on my fries now I comment on how much better it was when they served REAL ketchup!!!

surfsupdon

1986, I was 4 years old, and my first attraction was the original Snow White's Scary Adventures. I was screaming and crying for the entire ride. My next seven (!) rides were on Small World until I mustered enough courage to even get on a different ride, and then I rode Big Thunder in the back seat with my dad, all by chance, and the rest is history, haha... :cool:

Uponastar

IASW just because it seemed like the thing to do. Dh tries to deny it. :lol: But it was the first and we even enjoyed it! Now, we always ride PotC first. Our fave ride in any park though is the HM.

Craig & Lisa

Back in 1997, it was Spaceship Earth, (before the wand ) now it's the first thing we do as a family every year, our tradition as it were, and only missed it once in 11 visits since then.:D and by the way going again in Nov.:sohappy: NOT SOON ENOUGH!

MartyMouse

It has been so long, it’s hard for me to remember, but the two memories I have from that time are the Haunted Mansion (I remember my Grandmother pretending the ghosts were real and that they really followed us home) and Mr. Toad’s Wild ride. I’m not sure what ride was actually the first one I road, but I also know that we road the heck out of If You Had Wings, I think that was because it didn’t take any tickets to ride, but I could be mistaken.

Discmen

My first "attraction" at WDW (there are no rides, only attractions) was the Mickey Mouse Review. My little sister always insisted that we do Fantasyland first, and that was always the first attraction we did, until it was viciously ripped out and taken away to Tokyo. I really love Philharmagic, which is very similar in that it features a host of Disney characters, but it doesn't hold a candle to the elaborate animatronic brillance of the Review. Oh, how I miss it.

Pippa

November 20th 1998
Epcot
The Land
Circle of Life Film

not that i remember the details or anything :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom