Your First Day Park..But What View.!

Disneykidder

Hits me as soon as I get off the plane at MCO and see the Disney signs. But it really doesn't hit me hit me until I go to sleep that night (late, of course) and realize I am sleeping in Disney and then when I wake up and have a full day there I get the willies, like butterflies in my stomach. I'm such a sap. This trip I get to close my eyes looking at Cinderella's Castle and wake up seeing it...I am beyond excited!!!! (remember that cute Disney commercial, too excited to sleep...that's me!!)

Cmdr_Crimson

What I do on my first day is go to Epcot..However while I am on the bus I keep my head down and turn away from the view of it. So as I approach the park entrance and start hearing The Legacy theme I lift My head up....

And Then I know my vacation Officially Begins.:joyfull:

righttrack

For me, it's always that view looking down Main Street USA, once the castle comes in the clear. It also reminds me of the day my wife saw it for the first time. She grew up Disney-deprived. She grew up and even through early adulthood as thinking that it was just another "theme park". When she took in the park, that first time, I remember how magical it truly was for her. So that view is what puts me "there" as well I guess.

skimbob

For me it is landing in Orlando. I know I am truly back. I usually start at MK and finish my day by going to Epcot to see Illuminations. For some reason Illuminations really makes me feel that I have returned to one of the happiest places on earth.

At DL it is always arriving at the kiosk outside of the Grand Californian and being told welcome home. I have to say the most moving part of entering DL is going under the arches and seeing Walt's apartment. Walt has influenced me so much I only wish that I would have met him.

Victor Kelly

Nothing says you are here until I see MK from across the lagoon. But what really cinches it is actually being in MK looking at that castle which says you are here, GO PLAY!

~Tinkerbell~

It hits me when I walk into the first park on our first day. Until then, it doesn't quite feel real, despite the journey to the airport, the flight and checking in to our hotel. :)

kfergdisney

Mine is when I drive under the WDW sign! Or when I happen to see the Magical Express bus at the airport! Pretty much anything that has Mickey or the gang on it while I am close to WDW! It doesn't take much for me to realize I am there! Or so close!
Remember those Disney commercials a year or so ago with the little boy and girl...the mom comes in their room and tells them to go to sleep and the little boy says, "I can't, I'm too excited!". That is exactly how I am EVERY time I am fixing to go to WDW!

SMS55

In driving up from Miami, once I get to the Ft Pierce rest stop and I see the Mickey statue and the brochures I know that I am on my way. We all shout out "we're in Disney" once we pass under the sign but after check in I jump in my car and I drive up World Drive, I get a look at Spaceship Earth and then drive into MK and see the castle. I drive up to the Contemporary and make a u turn because I know I'm in Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom