Your First Day Park..But What View.!

MouseDreaming

Usually, for me, it is the first sight of Cindy's house that does it. Tears of happiness and all. This time it was after checking in at POR, walking out, and seeing the Sassagoula. Luckily for everyone else, it didn't make me weepy. It was drizzly, so that mixed in with the heat gave a nice cedar/pine/woodsy kind of smell. Just put a big crazy smile on my face, and made me feel instantly more relaxed.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Here is where it all starts for me:

Bug.JPG

WannaBWendy

Whether you drive yourself in or ride on the DME (we've done both), I love when you drive on to the property and begin seeing those uniquely Disney signs with all the resort hotels. I just love the feel of being on property. Everything is landscaped and lush. Makes me sad when we leave and the landscape is unkempt and we have to flush our own toilets!

The Mighty Tim

For me, it's the little things. The following is a list of things that all hit me within the first 24 hours of being in WDW in no particular order:

1. The smell. There's a distinctive smell to various parts of the place. Florida itself has it's smell. The buses have a particular smell. The water rides have their own smell etc.
2. The buzz of excitement. You all know what I'm talking about. It's like this undercurrent of energy surging through you.
3. The familiar purple road signs as you enter the property. Much more friendlier than regular road signs.
4. The bus spiel. "Hello everyone, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation System. We're on our way to X".
5. And of course, following on from that, the one piece of Spanish everybody who's been to WDW knows: "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Fox&Hound

What a great topic....

Hmmmm....how do you choose? When the video plays on the Magical Express Bus that always starts the feeling, then it's 95% there when I check in at the hotel and they say "welcome home", and it is finally completed when I am standing in Magic Kingdom, staring at the castle as the sights and smells of main street meet my senses. And I am home =)

LucyK

When I see the train station and I go wonder the tunnel to MSUSA. I stop just to soak everything in, cry because I'm finally home and then I laugh hysterically when I see the Castle, start to jump up and down and I finally relax because I'm home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom