Your First Day Park..But What View.!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Folks..After responding to a thread on trip planning this morning,it brought back memories,but jolted one important memory..Your first realisation on your first day that your actually in WDW...Memories to me are an amazing thing,it's something that lasts forever.I'll never forget the first time I saw the Statue of Liberty in 1972,or the Niagara Falls in 1974,my first view of the Las Vegas strip at night in 2001. And of course my first view of Cinderella's Castle in 2004.. So back to Disney...Question time...When does it sink in that your actually back at WDW.? Is it when you drive under that iconic sign.? Is it when you book into your home from home resort.? Or like myself,see something iconic ( that's twice I've used that word ) like the castle.? :inlove:

dave&di

Morning Hatter! I must have my WDWMagic fix before I start work!

My very 1st morning of my very 1st visit was to the MK, my OH didn't mention the Opening Ceremony so we queued up at the turnstiles, we were only 2nd in line so we were pretty much under the bridge, I could hear the ceremony happening but I didn't realise it was above me! I spent ages staring at walls!!!!!

Then...... The countdown happened and we entered already with a lump in my throat! The big moment was turning into Main Street and seeing the Castle, that was the moment I knew I was really there! Now seeing the Ceremony brings a lump to my throat and that's when I know I've found the magic! If only Dave had told me about it the 1st time! :arghh:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Morning Hatter! I must have my WDWMagic fix before I start work!

My very 1st morning of my very 1st visit was to the MK, my OH didn't mention the Opening Ceremony so we queued up at the turnstiles, we were only 2nd in line so we were pretty much under the bridge, I could hear the ceremony happening but I didn't realise it was above me! I spent ages staring at walls!!!!!

Then...... The countdown happened and we entered already with a lump in my throat! The big moment was turning into Main Street and seeing the Castle, that was the moment I knew I was really there! Now seeing the Ceremony brings a lump to my throat and that's when I know I've found the magic! If only Dave had told me about it the 1st time! :arghh:
LOL..I remember watching the opening one year..This woman and her daughter pushed all the way past us to get to the front,then heard all the hullabaloo and tried to squeeze back in front of us to see what was going on...Unfortunately there was a large Scotsmen making sure she didn't.:cautious: Aw! The poor wee woman.:happy:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Top o The Mornin to yer Mr H ;)
It would have to be when we check in at our resort because we are home then and all the panic and stress of travelling is over.
6:00 pm arrival at the MK ??? you really like your lie in on your first day :jawdrop:
Trust me..Sleeping is not a word that exists in WDW..We leave our castle at 8.00am and drive 100 miles north to Glasgow...Hit Pizza Hut for lunch around 13.00..Then book into airport hotel ( Holiday Inn Express ) around 16.00... After a few games of pool and a few beers ( not my DS ) We hit the pillow around 22.00. Alarm wake up at 6.30 for breakfast..check in around 7.30..Flight takes off at approx 10.30 and touches down at Sanford at 14.30. Coach transfers to WDW and check into our resort around 16.30..Unpack our cases,then hit the food court for our refillable mugs and something to eat..Then it's off to MK..Hot Dogs & Wishes at Casey's..Then back for a 6 hour sleep before Stitch wakes us up with his alarm call at 6.30..;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom