Your Final Goodbye?

I would of just got off Space Mountain (my favourite disney ride) and make my way through the neon streets of tomorrowland looking to my left where the carosal of progress stands, i start to have an unhappy thoughts, I walk around the Astro Orbitor and look back and up at the rockets whizz through the night sky with the bright lights of space mountain gleeming , I start to shed a tear. As I make my way past were the timekeeper and Alien Encounter used to be I remember the countless memories that I have shared with my family and as I enter the hub i take look back at the metropoliton TTA car whizz over the tops of the neon lights and realise I wont be back. I go straight to the hub and stare knowingly into walts eyes and knod approvingly, I read the plaque below take one last look at walt and the castle and make my way down main street trying desperatly not to cry or look back. I walk out the gates head towards the boats which are waiting for me at the dock. I enter the boat and head towards to stake out a place and watch the castle go off into the distance with the last memories being the fireworks explode over the Castle, truly magical.

I'm sad I know :hammer:

Manders

Hmmm...I guess I'd want my last little bit of WDW to be spent watching Wishes and then sitting on a bench by the castle waiting for the Kiss Goodnight. Even if I knew I wouldn't be back, hearing Mickey say 'See you Real Soon' might help to ease my sorrow!! What a sad thought! I just can't imagine, nor do I want to, a Disney-less world!

wdwishes2005

Hm... Great thread.

I'd probably hit tower one last time, and watch the fireworks at MK that night. Preferably i'd die in TL after the park had closed....

I'd definately have my last Disney moments be at The Adventurers Club...which I did on Wednesday :) Not that I'm going to die before I get back or anything...

Skippy2000

The reality is that I wouldn't WANT to know it's my last trip. That said, the "last ride" would have to be Splash, followed by a v-e-r-y- slow (and largely backwards) walk down Main Street. The last thing I want to hear is Jimminy Cricket singing "When You Wish Upon A Star....." and the last thing I want to see is the Castle.....coming full circle when, as a child, I'd watch "Disneyland" (the TV show) in the mid-50's, hear that tune, and see a picture of the castle. Sweet.

angelfaerie52

Even though the thread is bumped... and kind of morbid... I am getting teary thinking about it. I've never thought about my last time there. But ya know what, I would actually LIKE to know when my last time would be. The place is so important to me that it'd almost be a blessing to have a prognosis of a few weeks to live so I could do my last visit RIGHT... go on all those rides I skip (like Dumbo)... parasail maybe... But I think I'd have to end it in Epcot, on Spaceship Earth (in its current incarnation... if not, Main Street). There's something about that... it's my ride.

I just hope I can say goodbye to this place that feels like home...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom