Your Favorites

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
Not including attractions because those should be obvious…but what are some of your favorite places/things to see while at Disney, whether it be in the parks, the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney? Same thing when it comes to shopping, what are you favorite stores to shop in? My last trip was in 2006 & I know things are constantly changing in The World. On my next trip down I am coming with some first timers & we are squeezing a lot in so suggestions on must stop places would be great!! Like I said in the beginning I know the obvious, I’m looking for those special things, gems that are not so obvious because they are not talked about on a regular basis.

Thanks everyone!! :wave:

We like to go to the pastry shop in France and get chocolate mousse. We sit at the wishing well and eat our pastries there. Do this at night-good atmoshpere. We people watch and talk about what we've done that we enjoyed and what we still want to do before our trip is over.

DivineMadness7

My suggestion would be to NOT try to squeeze a lot in. I've taken several trips with first timers and I have found they can be easily overwhelmed. WDW is a sensory overload even for seasoned pros. I've also found that people who tell me they did not enjoy their trip tried to see it all in a relative small amount of time. After I ask a few questions, I start to see that they spent all day at the park from open to close, didn't take breaks, didn't stay on property, waited in lines longer than hour waits, etc. The best thing to do is to make 3 lists. These lists can be on paper or simply mental. But prioritizing attractions into "must see, would like to see, and could take or leave" is important. Some people thrive in non-stop, commando park touring but it can also cause crankiness and can take away from the overall enjoyment of the trip. Don't try to force first timers into doing/seeing something because it's a "must-see." This can cause some resentment. Just try to go with the flow!

Now, to what you were REALLY asking. I'm not sure I can add anything besides the obvious you've seen discussed here (dole whips, etc.) The last few trips I've made it a point to stop at the Basin store at DTD. I buy a few "bath bombs" and use them back at the resort to soak after a long day. Touring the resorts is also a lot of fun. Something new I'm planning to do on my trip in November (staying at WL) is to tour the monorail resorts for lunch. Stop at one and get a salad or appetizer, main course for the next and dessert at the third/last resort. That's all I can think of for now! :wave:

primetime52

Here's some of the "traditions" that I must do on every single trip. I can't have a WDW trip without getting a Dolewhip at least once. I must dine at the Sci Fi on each trip, and I must have one meal per trip at the Rainforest Cafe (sure it's overpriced and the food isn't great, but I've eaten there on every trip since the 4th grade so it's tradition!)

I also spend a few hours on each trip at that fantastic Outlet Mall just outside Disney Property. Great place to score some cheap clothes!

BillsFanGabe

For stores at WDW, i like to go to the emporium at the magic kingdom, mousegears at epcot, golden mickeys at the studios, and island mercantile at the animal kingdom. those are like the main stores at each park. their are alot of unique stores around the world. downtown disney has the world of disney, which has like everything. Worldshowcase at EPCOT is a must to shop at because its all different items from around the world that you can buy. But you gotta go to all 4 parks, its a must. Make sure you see Illuminations, Fantasmic.

krankenstein

I love to get a hot dog at Casey's Corner, a Mickey Premium is a must at some point and I always have to eat once at The Electric Umbrella so I can sit outside and watch the Fountain of Nations while I eat. As far as shopping, you can't beat MouseGear at Epcot and The World of Disney Store at DtD.

Zipadeedoodah

I, too, am taking a WDW virgin with me on this trip :p It's always great fun to see the world through the eyes of a first timer...makes it seem sorta new again! We can't wait!

One thing that I love to do at least once a trip is to take a stroll down DtD marketplace at night. The atmosphere is so nice. Maybe stop for a small snack at Wetzel's Pretzels and have a seat by the lake. Do some people watching. OH...and visiting the movie memorabilia store is always a lot of fun!

Have a great time!:wave:

Kelsybelle

There are so many things that I love to do while visiting WDW!
I think I'll start with...
Getting a glass of champange (0r 2) at the kiosk in France and people watching for a spell,
I love buying perfume in France, so that is definately on my must do list,
I also love to ride the monorail around the loop and shop,
Taking a sea racer around for a zip is a fun way to get away from your family for a little while! (Our last 2 trips we had 15 members of my family with us :eek:)
Thats all I can think of for now, I'm sure theres more!!! :wave:

PoohBear119

Here a few things I love to do in Disney:
- Stop and have a glass of wine in France and stroll through the shops
- Talk to the Canadians and try to find out if any of them know the fishing resort we go to every summer
- Have a bite to eat outside the ToT and watch the people get off the ride
- Sit by the water at DTD and sip on a cold beer and watch the boats

bgoebel

Jellybean mix from Goofy's candy stop on Main Street :slurp: which we usually devour on the bus on the way back to the hotel.
I always try to take a pic of Cinderella's fountain behind the castle (I love that fountain)

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions & sharing some of your favorites and traditions! I'm looking forward to my trip even more now! :king:

hpyhnt 1000

The single, one thing for me is spending the evening in World Showcase. Give me my crepe and cappuccino and let me wonder loose and I'm happy as a clam. The sights, smells, and sounds get to me everytime. For me, its the most beautiful place on property during and after sunset. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My faves and musts.....

A mint chocolate chip jr ice cream cone from the ice cream parlour on Main Street about 20 minutes after the fireworks and then I just sit and people and castle watch.

Chocolate cake from Norway!

Mickey Premium bars at any time (even for breakfast :animwink: )

coltow

DH's favorite is getting a beer in Germany, he calls it "getting a real beer"

For me it's the smallest thing. Every trip DH and I have taken (even before we were married) we always get our picture taken on the Liberty Square Bridge (the one that getting fixed). We have included DS too and this year with be youngest son's first trip and first picture there. I have all these framed and in my living room. It's funny to see the changes in people but not scenery. We are lucky that the fist few days we are there this year the bridge will be open. I was getting nervous that I couldn't get my picture, but I will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom