Besides Florida itself, I'm fond of the scents of:

The bus interiors
Most indoor rides
Splash Mtn. water
The Grand Floridian lobby + 2nd floor
Anywhere in the CBR
The Polynesian lobby

Nansafan

The lobby at the Poly (especially the first time you enter the hotel to check in to start your vacation adventure).

Stepping out of the left tunnel under train as you enter the MK, the smell of popcorn almost knocks you over.

YEAH

dimshady81

I love the scents of:

Turkey legs in frontierland
The rainforest at the rainforest cafe and the walk from the main gate to the park in the animal kingdom
The smell of popcorn as you get into the magic kingdom when you walk under the train station entering the park

Just to name a few, everything smells magical at Disney!

doombuggie

OK my all time favorite is The Lobby at Polynesian. But also I ahve notice the water smell on the docks at Downtown Disney....which was also a huge smell from river country.

Also All Disney Air conditioning has a smell. If you sit under a blower that seperates the gift shops from the outside you can smell it.

-Monorail smells
-SE rome
-Horizons Oranges
-buses

Jedi Osborn

There are so many awesome smells in WDW.
I especially love the mist, I can't tell you what it smells like except that its awesome. And whoever mentioned the air condidioning, I know what you mean.
Another that I haven't seen mentioned is that woodsy smell in the WL lobby.

Along the lines of that last thread drift, I had a similar thing happen to me. In preperation for a Disney trip, I bought some new deodorant (old spice sport scent). I used it the whole trip and went back to my regular stuff when I got home. Months later I found the "Disney" one, used it and was instantly brought back to our mornings in Dixie Landings.
Strange but true.

Try it!!

meeko_33785

-Bomma's at AKL, even just walking by
-The Patessrrie at France
-A room overlooking the Smokehouse at WL (also gives a great view of the Fireworks at MK)
-Main Street in the morning
-The smell of the buses (I don't know why, but I like it)

mattravels

:D I LOVE THE SMELL OF ALL WATER IN DISNEY!!! It's THAT smell that gets me.

Along with

*Polynesian, WL, AKL, GF

*The smell of the Liberty Tree Tavern

*All transportation vehicles (especially when they put ________ in the pond near WL and we rode the boat to MK)

*Abercrombie and Fitch Cologne...Same story as the deoderent and cologne

*A/C

*Tower of Terror

*Glazed Almonds

Once again we can all agree once you enter those gates at disney there is that persistant smell that you'll NEVER forget!!:sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king:

Dizknee_Phreek

this one isn't just at Disney, but i love the smell of the sun screen my family uses (we use water babies) we've used it for every trip to WDW, so now i associate that smell with WDW. on a gloomy day here at home, all i gotta do is put on some sunscreen and i'm at WDW! it's awesome!
other smells include Dinosaur load/unload, the original JII, the Alien section of GMR, WDW resorts, Test Track (in particular, the chemical smell of the corrosion test)...heck, i love all the smells at WDW! though, sometimes there's some plants or something at MGM that smell really bad.

almost forgot! mattravel, you're SO right! the glazed almond smell is GREAT!!! :slurp: makes my mouth water just thinkin about it!

mattravels

haha

:lol: Glazed Almonds ROCK! Last time we were there I bought 10 bags before we left the park and ate about 3 every day. Actually I think the ran out in January or February? Not sure, but I'm going in exactly a week from Monday so I'll make sure to get 10 MORE! YAY!!:animwink:

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: haha

Originally posted by mattravels
:lol: Glazed Almonds ROCK! Last time we were there I bought 10 bags before we left the park and ate about 3 every day. Actually I think the ran out in January or February? Not sure, but I'm going in exactly a week from Monday so I'll make sure to get 10 MORE! YAY!!:animwink:

:lol: :lol: I always get the cashews, but i'll have to try the almonds next time....hey, while you're there, get an extra bag for me! :animwink:

kennyj29

So many!!!!

I love the Poly, by far, waking up in the morning, going out on the patio, you can't beat it!!! Popcorn carts are awesome@! When we go to Disney the first thing we do is go shopping in Downtown Disney. There are so many different smells there, it makes us so excited that we know we are finally there!! I don't know how anyone can say the burning Rome scene. That makes me choke everytime we pass it. It's horrible!!!! When you walk the countries, that is another time we have soooo many different smells. It's unreal. You could just go on and on!!!!

wild01ride

The crisp, cool morning air at EPCOT while waiting at the ropes. You can smell the scent of plants with dew on them and the dampness in the air of the fountain misting water and the wet sidewalks!

dliddi

For me there isn't just one or two smells, it's a combo of all of them that does it for me, each land at MK has a different smell, Epcot has different smells, and so on, to other parks and the hotels, and some smell you mite not notice, untill you smell them away from disney, and brings you right back to that place in the park.

dox

BEST SCENTS:
The Haunted Mansion
Pirates (during the cave/skeleton sequences)
Spaceship Earth burning of Rome sequence
Horizons (the oranges scene - so sad)

And...this is very strange..but to this day i still remember this scent....back in the 70s and 80s before Disney switched to plastic bags, they used to use the glossy paper bags ( i still have a collection) and they all had this amazing scent. To this day some of the bags still have that scent. Very scary i know.

walthimself05

there is a certain smell to each resort but one remains my favorite.

The trading posts at Fort Wilderness. Ahhhhhhhhhh

I kno there are prolly only a few people on this board hat have smelt it but its the best. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom