Your Favorite WDW Scents

DVCgirl49

The taosted/glazed nuts cart in front of The Land.
The orange scent in Horizons. :(
The Main Street Bakery.
Fallen Rome in SE.
All the smells in Living with the Land.
The alien scene in GMR.
The clean/new smell in the AP Lounge @ EC. :(
The Ghiradellhi store at DTD.

Nintendo18

There are so many profound smells at Disney.
Favorites:
AKL lobby smell from Boma
TOT lobby
Any attraction that has running water

k9kris

Whenever I smell axel grease or exhaust, whether it be on a busy freeway or standing next to an 18-wheeler, I immediately think of Big Thunder and it's trains. That water smell from Pirates and the musty smell of HM really gets me as well. Those and the smell of my hotel room are the small things I look forward to when I go to WDW.

mkepcotmgmak

nothing tells me that I'm at WDW until I have officially walked down mainstreet and taken in all 5 senses that Main Street Has to offer. The smell of the popcorn on the vending carts, and passing the confectionary. The smell of greasy ballpark food being served up at Casey's and the sweet smell of the waffle cones over at the ice cream parlor.! Man, I love Main Street...

Ames0097

The smell of all water rides.

The mist smell.

Main street.

The smell of all the shops. That is Disney for me. You can go to Disney Stores everywhere and you don't get that smell, but every shop in DW has that smell. I can't describe it but it's the best

The smoky musty smell of Big Thunder.

The smell of the sweet flowers everywhere.

My least favorite smell would be the Turkey Legs aka Swerky legs. We call them Swerky's because one year at Old Key West there was this ugly bird that looked like a black swan with a turkey gobbler. LONG LIVE THE SWERKY!!!

Mos20

Originally posted by DisneyWonders07
What really reminds me that I'm in Disney is the smell of Florida! lol I know it sounds weird, how can Florida have a smell? you may ask. Well I dunno, whenever I get there it just like wafts into me and I just get this feeling that I'm finally in the warm sunshine state of Florida!:D But now that I come to think of it, the smell of dull and old surroundings at the Haunted Mansion is quite memorable...:lol:

I completely agree. Florida does have it own scent, just as I'm sure some visitors to New Jersey would say that it does also. It's kinda like Florida has a scent but then Disney World has another scent of it's own. Or maybe just coming to Florida makes you think about Disney World so almost all scents are automatically pleasent.

Scooter

Here's a little bit of a thread drift...hope ya'll don't mind.:)

I found a way to take a little bit of a EPCOT smell home with me.

When my wife and I were in Norway at World Showcase, we were exploring the gift shops.

They had some mens colognes so I sprayed the Tester bottle and my wife and I liked the smell so I bought a bottle.

I didn't use it until 3 weeks after our return home and when I put on the cologne...my wife's eye's got all big and she smiled this huge smile and shouted. "OMG....you smell like NORWAY!!! "

We had associated the smell with the place so we both got a big charge out of it....and it made our day.:lol:

Sherm00

this may sound wierd, but the smell of the air conditioning. everytime you go into a ride or in a building in hot sticky august weather you get this blast of cold air and the smell changes from place to place. Also all the smells, of the shops on main street, especellay the backery and candy shop yumm.

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Mos20
I completely agree. Florida does have it own scent, just as I'm sure some visitors to New Jersey would say that it does also.....

Yes, but the smells in Florida are GOOD !:lol:

EpcoTim

Favorite WDW smells......hmmm, well, there was that girl I met at PI, she.......nevermind that one.

Like all the previous posts, theres just so many. From the AC, to the chlorine smell of the Contemp lobby. All are good and all carry that special "feeling" if you will.

welshtigger

:slurp: :slurp: its been breifly said but it has to be the smell of freshly baked cookies coming from the main street bakery:slurp: and also the smell after a good old florida thunderstorm.:fork:

DCL

Morning

My favorite smell is when you walk out of the room early in the morning, while it's still cool out... and you can smell the flowers and the grass and the dew is covering everything... mmmm thats my favorite smell. Sometimes I go crazy and I swear I can smell it at home... haha

goofyfan13

Re: Morning

Originally posted by Dreamflight4Eva
My favorite smell is when you walk out of the room early in the morning, while it's still cool out... and you can smell the flowers and the grass and the dew is covering everything... mmmm thats my favorite smell. Sometimes I go crazy and I swear I can smell it at home... haha
I know exactly what you are talking about! :sohappy: I love that smell and not only that the cool air, and the birds chirping, it just get me ready to start the next day. But there are quite a few that I like but a couple that I can remember are,
Candy Cauldron- DTD
Burning Rome-SE
Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain
The smell on the rides with mist
The loading area of Dinosaur
Monorail/ Inside of the Contemporary
Boma

all41

PJ ORourke, a very funny conservative columnist, wrote an article about Epcot. After riding the Universe of Energy ride, he thought Disney must have believed that the dinosaurs smelled "bad". When I went to Epcot after reading the story, I couldn't help but laugh when I "smelled" the dinosaurs.

Its a dilute smokey scent with a little touch of sulfur in it. Makes me laugh every time.

Ijones88

I love the smell of all the wonderful restaurants in WDW resort especially at The Flying Fish Cafe at BW,with the oak fired grill!!!!!!:slurp:
In second place has to be the roasted pecans at entrance to WS at Epcot and the infamous turkey legs!!!!:sohappy:

I like the water rides that have a watery smell (not mold or anything) jus a nice clean moving water smell. Bu i really love the smel of cold ice and soda in the Coke place at Epcot!!!!

Something about the smell of Florida. I can wake up some of the mornings in michigan here, I wake up and the smells are almost the sames, and I think to myself, wow, this reminds me of florida, and then I just wish that I was back there...oh well, 2 months and I'm there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom