Your Favorite WDW Scents

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
What particular scents found anywhere within WDW are your favorite? I love the smell of walking into or past the candy shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, the smell of fudge is wonderful. I'm also fond of the smell (strange as this may sound) of the interior of the Disney buses...not the exhaust, just the odor of the inside of the bus. There's something about it that I like, maybe because it's such a clear reminder to me that I'm in Disney World. I know some of you will mention the smell associated with certain scenes within Spaceship Earth, that seems to be a popular one.

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by maelstrom
The orange scent from Horizons!!
'

i couldnt agree with you more....i can still smell those oranges long after Horizons has fallen.......favorite ride in WDW and favortie smell in WDW

HORIZONS FOREVER!

DisneyWonders07

What really reminds me that I'm in Disney is the smell of Florida! lol I know it sounds weird, how can Florida have a smell? you may ask. Well I dunno, whenever I get there it just like wafts into me and I just get this feeling that I'm finally in the warm sunshine state of Florida!:D But now that I come to think of it, the smell of dull and old surroundings at the Haunted Mansion is quite memorable...:lol:

wdwforus

Originally posted by DisneyWonders07
What really reminds me that I'm in Disney is the smell of Florida! lol I know it sounds weird, how can Florida have a smell? you may ask. Well I dunno, whenever I get there it just like wafts into me and I just get this feeling that I'm finally in the warm sunshine state of Florida!:D But now that I come to think of it, the smell of dull and old surroundings at the Haunted Mansion is quite memorable...:lol:

Its the vacation smell your smelling. The ...I dont have to work and my time is mine and I am hear to engorge myself in fun and I love this place smell.

dxwwf3

I love all of the one mentioned so far but I have thought of some others in no particular order.

The Alien scene in GMR
The old Journey Into Imagination smell
Universe of Energy "lava smell" (used to be much stronger)
The Land pavilion (smells of the food court and Living with the Land)
Alien Encounter main show room
Dinosaur load/unload area

Eljay

The rooms at the Beach Club have an oceany smell each time the A/C kicks on. Love it.

The lobby of the AKL is a combo of spice, wood burning & cooking smells from Boma & Jiko. Warm & inviting.

How about the intoxicating scent of roasting sweet nuts on the cart as you enter World Showcase & head toward Canada.

The Norweigan perfume called Laila.

Scooter

I Like the smell of the LOBBY of the Contemporary Resort.:)

I'm not sure what it is but I think it's a combination of grease from the Monorail tracks and The food from the Food and Fun Center. :p

Whatever it is I smell..I Love it because It's always the first thing I smell and it reminds me of my great vacation ahead. :animwink:

mkfan23

pirates really does has that smell that just makes the ride that much better, also the scene in spaceship earth where Rome is burning, the smoke smell really adds a nice touch.

DigitalDisney

Where to begin....

MK:
- Main Street Bake shop
- Adventureland (the flowers and the water)
- Pirates
- Splash Mtn show building
- Thunder Mtn
- Haunted Mansion
- Pooh gift shop (I hear it smells like honey?)
- Alien Encounter (musky smell in main theater)
- Plaza Pavilion (great pizza smell)

Epcot:
- Rome in Spaceship Earth
- Dinosaur segment in UoE
- Old Orange smell in Horizons
- Corrosion test in Test Track
- Old perfume smell in JII
- New Skunk smell in JII
- The Land building has a distinct smell
- Interior or Mexico building has a smell also

MGM:
- Alien scene in Movie Ride

AK:
- Oasis section and most of the park smells good (due to flowers and lush vegitation)
- Claire De Room in Tough To Be A Bug show
- Dinosaur show building

Other:
- Polynesian lobby
- The mildewy smeel of the Monorail

Frontierland

Turkey Legs
smell of water from Splash
WDW Railroad
smell of burning wood in Rome on SE
popcorn on Main St.
smell on Monorail
O Canado smell in waiting room
Test Track queue
TTC parking lot with the trams
Bake Shop on Main Street
Pooh Shop at DTD

maelstrom

The buring Rome scent is good too, but not as good as the Horizons oranges. :) I would've said the monorail scent, but lately it has smelled kind of rotten. :( And I don't think I know the Pirates scent some people have talked about. I shall have to investigate when I get there (43 days!). I hope the crowds on Memorial Day weekend won't be too horrible.

ehren

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
What particular scents found anywhere within WDW are your favorite? I love the smell of walking into or past the candy shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, the smell of fudge is wonderful. I'm also fond of the smell (strange as this may sound) of the interior of the Disney buses...not the exhaust, just the odor of the inside of the bus. There's something about it that I like, maybe because it's such a clear reminder to me that I'm in Disney World. I know some of you will mention the smell associated with certain scenes within Spaceship Earth, that seems to be a popular one.

The bus smell works for me too!! I told my husband that the other day, & he thought I was crazy.:hammer: But it's a sure sign I'm Really at Disney.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom