Your favorite transportation method?

What’s your favorite WDW transportation method?

• Monorail

• Ferry Boat

• Single-story/open air resort launches

• Two story/enclosed resort launches

• Walking (TTC to Magic, Epcot to Hollywood, Etc.)

• Skyliner

• Friendship boats

• Tram

• Bus

• DVC Ferry

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skibum1970

We used to really enjoy the monorail but we worry about it stopping/breaking down. Still enjoy it but it has a small element of stress. The buses are great and we really miss the Magical Express. So, it came down to a close decision and I landed on the resort launches. First off, the sound of their horns across the water is relaxing. Then, they are a great and easy ride, although we miss the launches between WL, CR, and FW. Second favorite is the Skyliner. I actually look forward to the tones that sound as you leave the station and the spiel while you pass over lakes, wetlands, Caribbean Beach, or even the roadway lined by trees.

jloucks

So,,, I like them all, almost. I really like the monorail for nostalgic and efficiency reasons.

I am even ok with the buses TO the parks.

But those buses at closing, to me, are a hot dumpster 🔥🔥🔥fire 🔥🔥🔥in the depths of hades. Hate hate hate hate.

NickMaio

I voted monorail just because it still seems like magic to me. I remember riding it through the Contemporary when I was a kid in 1986, I think, and thinking it was the neatest thing ever but as much as I've wanted to stay at a monorail resort, I've just never been able to get myself to pull the trigger due to the price. But I also love the Skyliner and I love that they made it available at a value resort. I think I may just end up staying at Pop Century for any future trips in the foreseeable future.
Quintessential Disney - - - - - Such a cool way to travel.
Many fond childhood memories.

Anyone remember the skyliner that was IN Magic Kindgom that went to various lands?
This was 20,000 leagues times>:)

I really wish they kept those - - I always wondered why they got rid of them.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Quintessential Disney - - - - - Such a cool way to travel.
Many fond childhood memories.

Anyone remember the skyliner that was IN Magic Kindgom that wet to various lands?
This was 20,000 leagues times>:)

I really wish they kept those - - I always wondered why they got rid of them.

Those views of the flat tar paper roofs were breathtaking!

Why get rid of them? Quite obvious. Guests and the liability they represented.

Smiley/OCD

I always heard that they couldn’t/didn’t want to “plus” the roofs…I enjoyed that ride too…
If I had to pick one, I would say the resort launched/friendship boats. They are so relaxing…I will go against the grain and say I happen to enjoy the bus service! I am a conversationalist and will (and do) talk to just about anyone! (Much to my family’s consternation, lol). I actually have learned SO much about people, the states they live in, etc. All my years in radio so I’m NOT bashful…I just enjoy it, but I absolutely understand peoples hatred towards them.

SteveAZee

We used to really enjoy the monorail but we worry about it stopping/breaking down. Still enjoy it but it has a small element of stress. The buses are great and we really miss the Magical Express. So, it came down to a close decision and I landed on the resort launches. First off, the sound of their horns across the water is relaxing. Then, they are a great and easy ride, although we miss the launches between WL, CR, and FW. Second favorite is the Skyliner. I actually look forward to the tones that sound as you leave the station and the spiel while you pass over lakes, wetlands, Caribbean Beach, or even the roadway lined by trees.
What is the "DVC Ferry"?

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
What is the "DVC Ferry"?
The DVC ferry takes you from Old Key West to Disney Springs, and Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs. Now… The Port Orleans resort (both sides) has a water taxi as well. All the same boats, captains, everything. Only, it’s not a DVC resort so it’s just called a water taxi instead of a DVC ferry.

NickMaio

Thanks for your usual pessimistic point of view.

It was a lovely fun way to get around the park. All they needed to do was paint the roofs white.

For the record - what liability are you referring to?
The whole dam park is a liability? Every ride......

wdw2011por

I voted monorail just because it still seems like magic to me. I remember riding it through the Contemporary when I was a kid in 1986, I think, and thinking it was the neatest thing ever but as much as I've wanted to stay at a monorail resort, I've just never been able to get myself to pull the trigger due to the price. But I also love the Skyliner and I love that they made it available at a value resort. I think I may just end up staying at Pop Century for any future trips in the foreseeable future.
We stayed at POP pre-skyliner and then again on our last trip a few weeks ago. Already loved POP before (especially the tie-dyed cheesecake) but with the skyliner it’s even better!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for your usual pessimistic point of view.

It was a lovely fun way to get around the park. All they needed to do was paint the roofs white.

For the record - what liability are you referring to?
The whole dam park is a liability? Every ride......
The cabins were open air (which was nice for the passengers ) with wide spaced bars to keep occupants from climbing out. What it didn't prevent was people tossing items out or spitting on the guests below.

Disstevefan1

I voted monorail, but seeing that the tram had zero, I want to change my vote to tram just so it's not zero.

The tram is a welcome sight after a long day in the parks.

Is it true the trams are still not running at some parks?

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
I voted monorail, but seeing that the tram had zero, I want to change my vote to tram just so it's not zero.

The tram is a welcome sight after a long day in the parks.

Is it true the trams are still not running at some parks?
Yes, trams are only running at the two largest parking lots: the TTC and at Animal Kingdom.

Disney in 2022 said that all parks would see trams return by the end of 2022.

With that being said, the Epcot parking lot overhaul shut down what would be the tram for the Rocket and Gamora sections, if it was running. Haven’t been over there that recently, but last time it was just dirt. The main Epcot lot is tiny, but the side lot would be nice to have a tram at. Hollywood Studios still does not have a tram, but that tram loop is still intact at least.

Skibum1970

Yes, trams are only running at the two largest parking lots: the TTC and at Animal Kingdom.

Disney in 2022 said that all parks would see trams return by the end of 2022.

With that being said, the Epcot parking lot overhaul shut down what would be the tram for the Rocket and Gamora sections, if it was running. Haven’t been over there that recently, but last time it was just dirt. The main Epcot lot is tiny, but the side lot would be nice to have a tram at. Hollywood Studios still does not have a tram, but that tram loop is still intact at least.

Hollywood Studios needs a tram to get one from where the parking lot ends to where the entrance is. My goodness but that feels like a longer walk than walking through the parking lot to get to my car.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
What resorts have two story launches? It must exists to be in the poll but I'm blanking.

And do DVC ferries still exists or are they now considered just friendship boats from OKW and SS?

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
What resorts have two story launches? It must exists to be in the poll but I'm blanking.

And do DVC ferries still exists or are they now considered just friendship boats from OKW and SS?
Two story launches generally service the Wilderness Lodge - MK and the Fort Wilderness - MK loops. However, they do sometimes service the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary loops. They’re ”two stories”, but the second floor is crew only. They got a new boat recently called “Tradewinds” that is of this enclosed/two story style.

The Friendship boats service the World Showcase Lagoon loop as well as the Epcot Area resorts and Hollywood Studios.

DVC ferries are still running, but the Saratoga Springs line is temporarily closed to the low water level resulting from our drought.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Two story launches generally service the Wilderness Lodge - MK and the Fort Wilderness - MK loops. However, they do sometimes service the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary loops. They’re ”two stories”, but the second floor is crew only. They got a new boat recently called “Tradewinds” that is of this enclosed/two story style.

The Friendship boats service the World Showcase Lagoon loop as well as the Epcot Area resorts and Hollywood Studios.

DVC ferries are still running, but the Saratoga Springs line is temporarily closed to the low water level resulting from our drought.
Ah, yes! I understand the boats you're talking about. I was trying to think of a non-Ferry second deck for passengers. I first voted friendship boats but actually enjoy these more because they're more versatile with indoor and outdoor seat choices.
WL Large Boats.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom