Your Favorite Sitting Spots

KRT

Original Poster
What are your favorite places (and time of day/night) at WDW to just sit and do nothing?

I could spend hours sitting on the beach of the Polynesian late at night.

tigsmom

I like to sit in the lobby of the WL in one of the big rockers and sip a nice hot cup of tea and relax. Morning or nightime... very relaxing.

DisneySam

TTA of course...but my 2nd favorite is at one of those [I call them ice cream shop] tables that are white, off main street by the restauants. You can generally catch a pretty good view of one of the castle shows too.

Lauriebar

A personal favorite of mine is sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of the building next to Hoop-de-doo at Ft. Wilderness. Everyone is milling around waiting to be seated for the show so the atmosphere is exciting and at the same time relaxing.

SewIn2Disney

Poolside.....ahhhhh

I also like getting to the MK early in the morning.....fighting the crowds down Main Street, just to be the first in line for.........the bakery.
Get myself a sugary apple turnover, and plop down outside of caseys corner and eat my breakfast (with some pigeons) while thousands push and shove to get to the rides. Great place to people watch (I love kids first reactions to the castle!), and on our last trip, great place to watch the castle's stained glass thing change every minute or so. It's also usually early morning when I can catch the trolly car with the performers singing "walking right down the middle of Main Street USA" (Don't know what their act is called but I love it!)

The platform of the Main Street Train Station overlooking MSUSA. :)
With a drink and a snack from the Main Street Bake Shop......even better!! :slurp: :sohappy:

crazydaveh

I enjoy sitting out in the rockers at the AKL with the fire in the late Fall when it's actually cool here in Orlando. It's nice to be outside in a campfire setting.

I also like to sit out in the AKL walks at night looking at all the animals. Many roam around all night and will get pretty close to you.

When i'm in the parks, I like to sit anywhere I can with some ice cream, or if the mood strikes me, an ice cold beer!

hcswingfield

There's an elevated planter with benches around it in the middle of the village area in Animal Kingdom, near Tusker House. It's a great place to sit and watch people go by, see the occasional street performer, and wait for the parade.

maelstrom

- balcony of room 4741 at the Contemporary
- Wilderness Lodge lobby
- benches right at the entrance to World Showcase
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority

DisneyWood

basically anywhere, as long as it is in WDW

I could sit anywhere and relax in WDW. I love to sit and watch my children play in the fountains, either @ DD, Toon Town @ MK, or Epcot. I really enjoy seeing them have such a ball.

I also enjoy sitting at the resort, by the pool, or lobby.

goofyvickie

The beach and lookout point

The polynesian has a place we call lookout point, just to the right of the beach, off the track a bit. I have a picture, now my computer wallpaper, of my daughters sitting there having a break around duck. Absolutely beautiful.
One of my best memories is at 2am with my husband on that Polynesian beach, late July having a cocktail watching the monorails bringing home the masses. Quiet, warm, happy. Something I will draw on way into my nursing home years.

Scooter

I like to be at Downtown Disney's West Side when it first opens.
I Grab an Ice cappachinno <sp> and sit on a bench and people watch.

GenerationX

My favorite spot is the balcony of my room. It doesn't matter which resort it is or where the room is facing. It doesn't matter whether it's morning, afternoon, or night. It's WDW.

col

fave places to sit:

mk: the blue line, outside the castle where the statue is of walt disney and mickey mouse, main street bakery.

ak: the killimonjaro safaris.

MGM: the backlot tour, lights/motors/action, the walt disney story.

epcot: soarin.

sleepybear

There's a little open-sided shack on Tom Sawyer's Island north of the raft dock. Inside are rocking chairs and checker boards and a great view of Big Thunder Mountain and the riverboat churning by. Sitting there for a spell is just as high on my must-do list as Splash Mountain, Test Track, TOT, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom