Your favorite PARTS of WDW attractions...what are they?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
This isn't a "what is your favorite ride" question, but out of ALL of the attractions in WDW, are there any particular parts of those rides that you just really can't get enough of?

For instance, I love Space Mountain, but in particular on the right hand track there's a moment towards the end where you do a sudden, brief drop down a hill that's my favorite moment on the ride (the left track drop isn't as pronounced, IMO). On EE, there are two moments (1) when you reach the top of the mountain with the ripped up track and you can look out and see the other three parks (if you're sitting in the front car, that is) and it's a great view, and (2) the big drop. On SSE, I think the best part is reaching the top and looking at that projection of the earth as your vehicles do a 180. On RnRC, it has to be the initial takeoff into the first loop. On TTA, I love going through Space Mtn and hearing its music. On Test Track, it's the speed test. On PoTC, it's that moment when it's windy/thundering and you see the skeleton driving the ship, then......that drop. Kilimanjaro Safaris is basically the entire ride, but I do like the section with the lions because it's usually a hit or miss as to whether or not you can even see them.

belledream

Space Mountain: ascending...rickety, dark, cool sounds, sights that dig into my childhood memories
Tower of Terror: the view before the first drop. Day or night.
TTA: zooming around the Carousel of Progress area

draybook

On the Peoplemover, I enjoy the ride through Space Mountain when it's dark. Especially when it speeds up and goes around the ride. It's so nice and cool in there so it's always a great feeling during the September heat.

In the Haunted Mansion, the endless hallway part when the Ghost Host goes "shhh" and you feel the breeze. On Pirates I really enjoy the ship vs fort scene.

MrDee

I too, love the Skeleton steering the tattered ship in Pirates....probably my favorite part of any ride or attraction. The "appearance" of heavy winds and rain on a stormy sea, being navigated through by a dead pirate, just hit me deeply in my magic Disney spot. Always has.

Other favorites include:
-The shadow piano player in Haunted Mansion
-the jewel mine on the Dwarfs Mine Train
-the "torn" up West Wing room in Be Our Guest, love the rose and special effects
-The Tower of Terror queue and entry point
-the music in the Nemo show at Animal Kingdom
-the long walk around the "lake" at Coronado Springs
-the main building of the Grand Floridian

There many more, but don't want to bore ya'.

JimW

Premium Member
  • Big Thunder: The couple of quick dips that make me feel like I'm going to fly out of my seat
  • POTC: Have to agree with the others, the skeleton on the ship is incredible. Dead men tell no tales...
  • TTA: Going around Carousel of Progress and hearing the song
  • it's a small world: When I get off the ride and get far enough away that I can no longer hear the song
  • Living with the Land: The farmhouse scene, plus the entirety of the greenhouse
  • Test Track: The speed test

My favorite moment is during Haunted Mansion when the Doom Buggy goes backward downhill to see the caretaker and his skinny dog. I love how my family says that the dog needs a cheeseburger - that joke never gets old! I also love how leaning backward in the Doom Buggy takes the pressure off my lower back for a few glorious seconds!

Disney4family

MK - the double dip on BTMR, the double dip on Splash, any part of the PeopleMover, Peter over London, almost all of Philharmagic, skeleton on Pirates
EP - the smells on Soarin, the speed test on TT, all of Land, the tacky, fake fireworks on Gran Fiesta
HS - initial take-off to the first loop
AK - going backwards in EE

KikoKea

MK: TTA as you look out over the castle (but SM is a very close 2nd)
HS: RnRRC take off 5-4-3-2-1!
AK: Steep drop on EE- about the only thrill in the park.
Epcot: Looking at Earth at the top of SE, with the scent of Burning Rome fresh in my memory

Susan Savia

MK - The hall with the eyes that glow in the dark
Epcot - American Adventure Finale, Test Track road test
HS - Street performers, Paige Turner and others
AK - Dinosaur, Were not going to make it!

Cmdr_Crimson

MK - Peoplemover Space Mountain Access when the lights are on...
Epcot - American Adventure Finale
DHS - The Salute to All Nations but Mostly America Finale in Muppetvision
AK - The last Carnotaurus lunge before the Drop in Dinosaur....Do you realize how big that head is coming at you?
CTX_02.jpg

KikoKea

MK - Peoplemover Space Mountain Access when the lights are on...
Epcot - American Adventure Finale
DHS - The Salute to All Nations but Mostly America Finale in Muppetvision
AK - The last Carnotaurus lunge before the Drop in Dinosaur....Do you realize how big that head is coming at you?
CTX_02.jpg
Really?! I'll have to pay more attention next time. :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom