Your Favorite Disney Parade?

brb1006

Spectromagic! The music still makes me tear up whenever I hear it. Although, my daughters, 8 and 5 y.o. at the time, were kind of freaked out by the jesters on the giant balls...hahaha. Every float was spectacular, all leading up to the climactic moment, with Mickey conjuring electricity through the big plasma ball. Disney Magic at its finest.
You mean the Spectromen?

brb1006

I'm not a huge 'Move It Shake It' fan, but I wonder how you think it doesn't count as a parade? They clear the streets, move through the streets along a parade route, and even have floats. It looks, sounds, and smells like a parade. Ain't it a parade? Or are you just not a fan? :-D
Move It Shake It only goes down Main Street and is mostly a party show. A real parade is when it starts from Frontierland and ends at Main Street. It it usually starts at 3pm.

JustAFan

Move It Shake It only goes down Main Street and is mostly a party show. A real parade is when it starts from Frontierland and ends at Main Street. It it usually starts at 3pm.

Well I believe Main Street Electrical Parade started in the Main Street garage and went the opposite way you're saying, but yeah I get what you're talking about. I guess I still think of Move It Shake It as a parade mainly because it generally happens when I have 5 minutes left on a fastpass at the other side of the park and I have to get through that. lol

MouseMelly

It’s hard to choose a favorite... so many have special memories for me. I guess my top 3 would include:
MSEP (circa 1990)
Jungle Jammin’
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Time

Mickey5150

Any parade that turns Splash Mountain into a walk on attraction would be my favorite. Otherwise I have to go with the Rainy Day Parade or whatever it's called.

Jedi Stitch

I have yet to actually see a full parade to make an informed decision. In August we have a dining package for a parade. We plan to watch Paint the Night, and the Pixar Parade. WE will see which wins.

Jedi Stitch

Any parade that turns Splash Mountain into a walk on attraction would be my favorite. Otherwise I have to go with the Rainy Day Parade or whatever it's called.
At DLR there is no raining day parade. '98-'99 My future Wife to be and I tried to watch the Mulan Parade and it was canceled for Inclement Weather. When it actually rains in LA, All Out door Disney stuff shut down.

crxbrett

Spectroooo Magic for sure! Disney really needs to bring it back to DW with new floats since they apparently let the original ones go into disrepair or destroyed them. I grew up with the MSEP at DL and even at DW for my 1st visit, but SpectroMagic really ended up becoming my favorite and was synonymous with all of my DW trips from '93-'08. Other than maybe any of the original EPCOT Center music, no music instantly makes me think of DW quicker than SpectroMagic's!

Mickey5150

At DLR there is no raining day parade. '98-'99 My future Wife to be and I tried to watch the Mulan Parade and it was canceled for Inclement Weather. When it actually rains in LA, All Out door Disney stuff shut down.
Rain in LA is like snow in the south, no one knows what to do with it.

HappyHaunt97

SpectroMagic was definitely my favorite nighttime parade. There is something magical about that soundtrack! As far as daytime parades, I love FOF (with Maleficent's dragon), but I still miss the soundtrack to Share a Dream Come True Parade.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

Spectromagic, it's one of Disney's best parades ever done and one of the best nighttime parades. Spectromagic was the perfect parade that really fitted the nighttime atmosphere and was perfect to only be found at WDW.

My favorite, too. My kids and I even bought several of the "Pieces of History" Spectromagic pins. favorite.

Six out of seven of us loved it in our family. My wife was the odd one out. She thought the characters riding the spheres were freaky and couldn't get past that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom