Your favorite comfy winter shoes?

christyd2

Hey all. Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a ton, but I can't find any posts on this. My husband and I MIGHT be going to WDW this December. (If not, then for sure Dec. '08) What is your favorite footwear to wear during this time?

I've heard Crocs are great for water rides and rain, but rain won't be an issue and we're planning to save Splash Mountain as the last ride of the day. I'm looking for something lightweight, but super comfy. Are they good for winter too or is there another shoe you prefer?

(Also...do you wear socks with Crocs or is that just tacky?)

mickey&me

I wear my favorite Earthshoes whenever I go. They are comfy and dry out overnight. Thoughts to consider:

1. NEVER wear brand-new shoes to Disney!

2. Crocs are great for water rides, but the soles can also be very slippery (especially if you're a total clutz like me :eek:).

3. Who cares how tacky it is? Remember that you're on vacation to enjoy yourself.

Hope to see you there this December!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I would still wear my Crocs to WDW in December because you don't have to deal with snow. Actually, I've worn my Crocs all the time since I bought them in March, they were great for walking around the World and my feet and legs never hurt. I don't wear socks with them though some people do.

Upvote 0

christyd2

Original Poster
Thank you everyone; those were some great tips! I'm going to look into all the types that were suggested for pair #1 and for sure get Crocs for pair #2. Thanks!

Upvote 0

phenom1307

Hey all. Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a ton, but I can't find any posts on this. My husband and I MIGHT be going to WDW this December. (If not, then for sure Dec. '08) What is your favorite footwear to wear during this time?

I've heard Crocs are great for water rides and rain, but rain won't be an issue and we're planning to save Splash Mountain as the last ride of the day. I'm looking for something lightweight, but super comfy. Are they good for winter too or is there another shoe you prefer?

(Also...do you wear socks with Crocs or is that just tacky?)

why would you plan splash for the last ride of the day? itll be colder at night....cold and wet are not fun :lol:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Crocs with socks! I'm with SewIn2Disney, though; I want those Mammoths!
They are sooooo nice. They have fake holes on the top, so no air gets in, and the back is a little higher too. The lining comes out so you can wash it (therefore, it can get wet). They are seriously warm. When I take them off, my feet freeze because they were so warm inside the shoe. Also, they don't have the back heel strap, but because of the lining, they stay on fine.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I wear my Nike's. They're comfy. That's all we ever wear is our Nike's.

My sons each got crocs last time we were at WDW. I'm thinking about ordering a new pair for each and getting me and DH each a pair, too. I can see us doing the crocs with socks. Ugly but fun!

Upvote 0

tigger248

I always wear my crocs and/or flip flops (though last time I went in December, I ended up wearing my nikes pretty much everyday). I seriously usually end up packing a different pair of shoes for each day! :lol:

I tend to wear socks with my crocs for warmth in the winter time with pants, but not in spring, summer, or fall. Just do what's comfy for you. Who cares what anyone else may think about socks with crocs? It's better to maybe not be so trendy and go for comfort, than to go for style and get blisters or worse on day 1.

Enjoy your trip! December is a great time to go to WDW!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

December at WDW is not always cold.
It's best described as 'iffy'.
It can be hot, it can be warm, it can be rainy, it can be chilly.

One year, during the week before Christmas, it was so cold that you could freeze your hidden Mickeys off.
Another time if was hot.
It can be T-shirt weather or 'I wish I had brought my heavier coat' weather.

Normal shoes like Nike's, Reebok's, New Balance, etc. work quite well.

BTW-
I am not a Croc fan.
You could take the most beautiful woman on the planet, put her in Crocs, and she would look dorky. Crocs are a wonderful invention for people who unfortunately have medical problems.
In my most humble and most fashion conscious opinion, of course. :)

Back on topic, be sure to check the Weather Center button on this web site and other weather forecasts a few weeks before your December trip. It will help in determining what to pack.
Good luck.
:xmas:

Upvote 0

SweetPea

We were at WDW last December and the weather went from pretty warm to darn right cold and windy by the end of the week. During the cooler days and at night, I lived in my Dansko clogs. I have 4 or 5 pairs of these and I wear them all as soon as it starts getting chilly up until it gets warm. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever bought. A little pricey, but worth it.

Upvote 0

DanStat

I'm gonna champion Rainbow leather flip-flops. They dry REALLY fast, and are super-comfortable. Crocs rubbed blisters on my mom's feet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom