Your Favorite Airline

WDWScottieBoy

I only fly ATA here in the states, don't know if they fly from England or not still, but they do fly to Hawaii and the Caribbean still. I've never had a problem with them and will continue to fly with them, excellent service IMO.

djmatthews

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
Are American Trans Air still going? I've not heard that name since I flew with them in the late Eighties. I gather they still have to stop to refuel in either Newfoundland or Maine?

I don't think they fly from the UK any more. Like I mentioned, they were chartered by Travel City Direct for the UK - Orlando flights. Yes, on our trip we stopped in Gander to refuel..... WOW, that airport is a step back in time, if you close your eyes you can imagine the Pan Am and B.O.A.C. 707s refuling there "back in the day". :lol:

barnum42

djmatthews said:
I don't think they fly from the UK any more. Like I mentioned, they were chartered by Travel City Direct for the UK - Orlando flights. Yes, on our trip we stopped in Gander to refuel..... WOW, that airport is a step back in time, if you close your eyes you can imagine the Pan Am and B.O.A.C. 707s refuling there "back in the day". :lol:
My funny memory of that stop is being one of few in the plane who had jeans and a jacket because I figured it that it would be a tad cold in Newfoundland. There was snow beside the runway! So when everyone had the chance to get off for an hour then went to investigate the airport - there were a couple of hundred pale Britons running across the tarmac as they turned blue due to their wearing nothing but t-shirts and shorts. Then a handful of people strolling along behind them, smug in the warmth of more approrpriate attire:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom