Your Favorite Activities Around Your Resort?

Ok...so we all know the parks are a blast...with that said, what is your favorite family activity at your favorite resort? Any great memories?:)

DiPSU224

Watching Wishes with my husband all alone in a hammock on the beach of the Polynesian....

Ok so maybe there were other people there, but it felt like we were alone. One of our best moments together. :)

I love the beach there. One of the many reasons I love that resort.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Taking pictures....regardless of the hotel.

Specifically at Pop-- Walking down the walking trail around hourglass lake and reading the signs for each year. I also like trying to get across to the unfinished side just to look at the skeleton of that half of the resort.

The Boardwalk is another resort (that I've never stayed at) but I always like to walk around there and shop or look at the street performers, and watch Illuminations.

Upvote 0

iluvpluto

We've mostly stayed at the Contemporary. We love going to the Fun Center and eating chili. We always try to make sure to watch Wishes from our balcony. This year we stayed at Boardwalk, and we loved walking around checking out the performers before we'd turn in for the night. And grabbing a bite to eat and sitting on a bench overlooking the lake at night while we ate was pretty romantic.

Upvote 0

frankster

This really isn't an activity, but I LOVE the lingering at Concourse at the Contemporary after eating at Chef Mickey's. I don't know why, I just do! The Concourse is awesome ;)

Upvote 0

justducky78

I love walking along the boardwalk at the Yacht & Beach Club late at night with my husband on one arm and some yummy mango gelato (from the Beach Club marketplace) - while we watch the fireworks from a distance.

We also love watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly (where we got engaged).

Upvote 0

oldkeyw

I love bringing a book, crackers and cheese and a beer or two to the South Point pool at OKW mid to late afternoon, watching the activity and chatting with other guests. OKW is also a great place to rent a boat.

Upvote 0

doop

The times we aren't in the parks, which is rare, we're either at the pool or going mini golfing (the competition is intense in my family). We also pick out two nights to go down to the boardwalk and DTD.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Animal Kingdom Lodge

I love sitting in the lobby on a comfy chair or couch and people watching.

I love taking walks throughout the resort inside and out, checking out the differnt savannah's to see what's happening.

After dark, grabbing two towels, finding an empty hot tub, and sitting on the edge soaking my feet. Total relaxation.

Reading on the balcony.

Pop Century

I always love watching IllumiNations and Wishes from the fourth floor of the 50's building at Pop Century. It becomes sort of a nightly ritual for me.

I also love to stroll around with a fresh Frozen Coke in my mug and check out the decorations in the windows.

Upvote 0
At POR----just walking around the resort, spending time at any of the pools, lounging and eating in the food court, walking around aimlessly in the lobby, and watching my gals spend money in Fulton's. And, noooo, we don't feed the ducks anymore!

Upvote 0

DisneyLindz

It's tradition in my family to feed the birds at Caribbean Beach. Although we don't stay there anymore since we became DVC members, we still take on morning out of our trip to eat breakfast and save some food for the birds!

I have pictures from the last 15 years of my sister and I feeding the birds and turtles. It's a weird tradition but we love it!!!

Oh, and my mom and I also like to pool hop!

Upvote 0

Dj Corona

.......OK, that, and because i'm a night owl, sometimes I really like taking in my resort (ususally Riverside), by walking around the grounds at night, when there's nobody out and about and it's quiet. Such a different experience, although if you're wearing headphones, watch out for the staff driving their carts!!

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

Watching my daughter and son go down the two different water sildes at SSR. It was my son's first time to go down a waterslide (he went down the small one the big one was too much for him) and my daughter's first time to really go down a large waterslide without freaking out and being a drama queen about it first- we then were in the pool for over 2 hours because neither one of my kids wanted to leave because of those slides :lol:

At Pop- I like just wandering around and taking crazy pictures of my family with all the different icons they have

At Wilderness Lodge- Taking a bike ride or just watching the giser

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom