Your experience with touring plans

Ellajoan

Hi again,
We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and I am just curious... what has been your experience using the "touring plans" from the Unofficial Guide to WDW? We are thinking of using the "Dumbo or Die in a Day" plan but want to know if it will work (crowd wise), it it's too ambituous, etc. Thanks everyone!!:wave:

spoodles

I have had fantastic results with the tour plans. However, that has been with adults only and was pre-fastpass.

I'm starting to plan a trip with kids for next spring. Just got the 2004 Unofficial Guide and started looking at the plans with kids. It would seem like kids and fastpass could wreak havoc on your ability to stick with a plan. My thought is to go with a plan but use it more as a guideline than a strict schedule -- be ready to improvise.

Anyway, I love the Unofficial Guide, it gets me so psyched. Have a great time. :wave: (I'm jealous.)

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

I have to admit that I really, really, really loved the Unofficial Guide and their touring plans. Now, I was in a party of two adults when I used their plans. I was there in the first full week of December last year which I think was still considered off season. The crowds were not little to none. The touring plans helped me out a lot because it gave me an idea of which attractions I needed to hit first and then what to do from there. And then I simply tailored the plan to fit my schedule and my needs and found that it still worked beautifully.

Now, don't forget that the 2004 edition actually came out last year September 2003. So for your trip next year, you might want to pick up the 2005 edition which will come out this September.

Upvote 0

spoodles

Yes, I'm already planning on getting the 2005 when it comes out. The 2004 still has stuff in it about Alien Encounter and so on, and little (of course) on MS, PhilharMagic, etc.

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I love the Unofficial Guide. I've never actually followed one of their tour guides, though. I've just taken their information, and applied a slightly different touring philosophy to it, and made my own schedule (like a hundred of them, actually). I think mine's better :p But I do know that the book itself is great, so it can't hurt to give it a try.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I'm a huge fan of the Unofficial Guide. Since our kids were school-age when we started vacationing at WDW, we never did the "Dumbo-or-Die" touring plan. However, we have tried others, and found that they work very well. Fastpasses are mentioned in the plans, too, so take adxantage of them whenever possible.

Have fun!:)

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hey folks,

Thanks for the kind words about the Unofficial Guide. If you have any specific questions about the book or the touring plans, feel free to drop me a line: testa@ncat.edu.

sppodles, you have no idea how much Alien Encounter stuff is in the 2004 edition! We're editing it out now for the 2005, which should be out in late August or early September. It's worse than Aunt Polly's was last year.

Ellajoan, when you get back I'd love to hear how the plan worked.

Disneyfalcon, thanks for mentioning our website. Besides book updates, we've got a couple of other useful (and free) things: an interactive page that tells you the best days to visit each park, based on your specific trip information, and a page that shows you the least-expensive admission tickets to Disney, again based on your specific trip information.

Thanks again!

Len Testa

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Wow cool! An Unofficial Guide researcher!! :)

Is that a fun job? While I was reading the book I was thinking how fun that must be!

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
i worship the Unofficial Guide Tour Plans.

We use the One-Day Park Plans, and last year we stood in NO LINE for more than 20 minutes, the second week of JUNE!!!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Not just brown nosing here - I LOVE the unofficial guide. I buy it every year whether I go or not! I love reading them! I tell all my friends to buy one before they go. I cracks me up when they buy something else and say, "I'm sure they're all the same!"

THEY'RE NOT!

:sohappy: for the Unofficial Guide!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom