Your Experience with "Limo" Transportation

Zortek

We just got back from the world and used a Quicksilver limo to take us from the airport to universal, then universal to disney, then back to the airport. The limo was very nice and clean and the driver was excellent. They were extremely prompt and we had no problems at all. Highly recommend!

journ116

Original Poster
We just got back from the world and used a Quicksilver limo to take us from the airport to universal, then universal to disney, then back to the airport. The limo was very nice and clean and the driver was excellent. They were extremely prompt and we had no problems at all. Highly recommend!
Thanks for posting your experience! My DH and I have decided to try them out for our next vacation: June 2013!!

Juliaz3

My husband and I have used Tiffany Towncar several times over the past 5 years and always had a good experience. They include a 30-minute grocery stop and I do appreciate not having to wait for others or going round and round to various hotels while my "Disney hours" dwindle. You can also usually find a coupon online.

That said, I don't understand why taxi service is so expensive and unreliable. Where I live, a cab to the airport is reliable and about 1/3 of the price of a private car service. Maybe I'm not finding correct information but I've read a lot of things saying that cabs are very expensive in Orlando and pickup from your hotel is often not reliable. And Mears shuttle service gets such bad reviews that I wouldn't waste my time even if it is a big savings. (I also read that the taxi service is basically controlled by Mears). A lot of stress over the trip from and to the airport is not what I want on my vacation.

38053WDW

On our "big" Trips we always go Happy Limo :) ... We enjoy the time and the "stop" for groceries and drinks... Last time they were already at both locations for dropoffs/Pickups, so we were upgraded to the Stretch Hummer .... Again this is for fun and not cost .. The kids love it and so do we .. for the price we already pay for the trip, this cost is minimal for what you get ... It's nice to pull up to The Contemporary in the white stretched limo :) .....

BUZZCRUSH

We tried Happy Limo but the driver never showed up. When I called to find out where he was they had no idea and said he should be there we'll call you back. I called back again after 20 minutes and was told the driver called in sick but they were sending another driver and he'd be there in 5 minutes. Well 15 minutes later no one- so I called and no one answered so I left a message and said never mind we were taking a shuttle.

I get that things happen, but what really disappointed me was I never got a follow up call/email to apologize or offer a future discount or anything. I called the next day to make sure I would get a credit and the lady said yes I see the driver didn't show I'll take care of the credit and that was it. She could have offered an apology or something? :confused: So we haven't tried a limo service since then and actually the last few trips we started driving instead of flying after getting delayed by 7 hours in the airport the last 2 times on the way home.

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor

Hello Zortek,

Wanted to thank you for the nice review and recommendation.
Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

journ116

Original Poster
Just booked with Quick-Silver Tours! Nothing like arriving to our resort in luxury...fingers crossed!

cooleo

My mom and aunt use Tiffany Towncar on their trips and love their service.

I have used Tiffany Towncar many times & have never had any problems. I have even used them for transport from MCO to Port Canaveral for a crusie & they were great there as well. I will continue to use them when flying in to Orlando. I used to go on Mears when I first started going to WDW & have found using Tiffany Towncar has saved me a bunch of time not only on the transit but also upon arrival at your resort as you will arrive BEFORE the buses so this means you avoid the longer lines at check-in. It is well worth the extra expense IMHO. :cool:

Bobs87

We have used coach transfers in the past but travelling on international flights we have experienced problems with other passengers that are booked on the same transfer being on delayed flights or even getting stuck in the immigration hall when computers failed and that meant we were left sat at the airport for hours when we could've been at the resort!

The last two trips we have booked a limo through happy limos and LOVED their service! Our last driver was so friendly and really interesting to talk to! Definitely would recommend!

lego606

MagicBandit
The limo service I use always seems to be on time.

Then again, the only limos they have are the super-stretch kind. :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
I did book a 10 passenger van, one-way, with Quicksilver T&T. I know that they are a "sponsor" on this site and that their website is easy to navigate, which is why I chose them. However, this service was the one that had really, really bad reviews, especially in 2009. Three years have passed since then, but I'm having trouble finding more recent reviews. Could you please tell me how your experience was with them? (The most scathing reviews included the same thing: poor customer service. But more often than not, people post bad reviews and the people with the good reviews, well, seem to keep them to themselves.)

I am tempted to keep my ressie, and am well aware of their cancellation policy. It would be awesome not to have to make up to 3 other resort stops with DME, and instead, be taken directly from point A to point B!

Thanks again for your insight!

It may be hard to believe, but there are banned posters who will go out of their way to "hurt" this site, including attacking sponsors.

journ116

Original Poster
It may be hard to believe, but there are banned posters who will go out of their way to "hurt" this site, including attacking sponsors.

Oh, I know that's a very real possibility...but I am beginning to recognize the signs of irritating posters (i.e. it's their first post, they're simply promoting a car service that has nothing to do with WDW travel, etc.). In my post, I was referring to reviews I read on other websites, not this one. That is why I decided to post the question on this site and in this forum. After reading numerous reviews of the more well-known car services (Happy Limo, Tiffany Town Car, Quick-Silver Tours), my DH and I decided to go ahead and book with QST for our upcoming trip...then, we'll go from there.

I appreciate your post, and I can only hope other people read it and keep it in mind for future posts!

The Mom

Premium Member
You would be amazed at the lengths some people go to get revenge - including going to a website about towncars, travel, etc and giving sponsors of this site bad reviews. And other things that are even worse. :rolleyes:

Too many people take an internet discussion board much too seriously.

Hot Lava

I too am interested in seeing more reviews from people here who used the services.

Also I have a question - I see that the towncar is geared for up to 4 people (at least for QST). If you also had a toddler in addition to the 4 adults, would you need to upgrade to a larger vehicle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom