Your EPCOT future world ideas

PrinceCharming617

Since it's going to be like Little Mermaid I'd love to see a cool Baymax animatronic (ala Ursula). He's a bit of idiot, but very lovable.

I never know why anyone wants to hug him for meet and greets though. It must be like hugging a fricking balloon.

Frankenstein79

Hey its got to be better than the lame play pavilion! It looks like they just want to put mostly meet and greets and a drawing class inside it.

Goofy Ninja

Sounds good to me, it's not a shoehorned attraction like Moana. I know I know it's just a water area... but still it doesn't belong.

itsy bitsy spider

Test Track

----- (now starring the 80's robot from the hit film "The Muppets")
----- (was formerly Test Track, now with it has a "Muppets Robotics" theme)

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker are hilarious. I'd love to see the preshow with those two. It would be worth doing the attraction for that alone.

The Lochness Monsta

Test Track could use a retheme. I don't think Disney knows what they're doing with it.

It looks like it was going to be a Tron ride. But then they realized it doesn't fit the already set overall theming.

Rambozo

I'd love it if the 80's robot was in the vehicle with you. ... But it would take away one seat. ... Oh well it would be worth it.

MickeyMouse10

attraction-rewind-horizons-history-part-2-7.1.jpg

astro-armada.png

ngc-292.png

1*kktiYf7B0CUM6odLqiLCDw.jpeg

Futureport People Mover
----- (formerly unused hallway and skyway areas)
----- (with robo-newz. an attraction similar to the version at magic kingdom. which would go through all of the other world discovery attraction buildings. each vehicle would look like wayne szalinski made them, with gizmos and gadgets all over each of them)

epc118944LARGE.jpg

Communicore Store
----- (formerly innoventions)
----- (a store that featuring many of the other animatronics of epcot's past. it sells disney merchandise mainly themed to movies from the 80's and 90's. back when epcot was still epcot)

jason.jpg

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-153.jpg

R.6576580366e0cc1456ec3dfb0b29aeab

The Seas pavilion
----- (starring jason, a robot from the early days of epcot)
----- (the robot for this pavilion teaches spectators about the ocean and it's many creatures)

Y5LXSLNRG5CTVEB3WHWJWS53BA.jpg

Nemo and Friends SeaRider
----- (formerly turtle talk with crush)
----- (motion simulator, and a clone of the tokyo version)

Finding Nemo restaurant
----- (formerly coral reef)
----- (added in screens on the opposite walls will give all diners a proper show. similar to animator’s palate, which is on some of the cruise ships)

EU35JryXkAAgR4I.jpg

The Land pavilion
----- (with Tom Morrow 2.0)
----- (the robot for this pavilion teaches about farming and agriculture. and he also talks about what farming may look like in the near future)

KKFB480597.jpg

Kitchen Kabaret
----- (formerly awesome planet)
----- (an animatronic show that teaches about eating healthy. the adjacent store sells mostly homeware and kk merchandise)

1985-history-wdw-epcot-land-pavilion.jpg

Farmers Market
----- (formerly sunshine seasons)
----- (going back to it’s original roots, like the name says the area would look like a farmer’s market. rather than one of the worst places in the world (an airport))

2.jpg

The Imagination pavilion
----- (with major domo, an 80’s retheme of the pavilion)
----- (meet and greets happen inside for the captain eo characters. but unfortunately (or fortunately) there’s no captain eo)

captain-eo-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg

Captain EO
----- (formerly pixar shorts)
----- (the original 3d show, with michael jackson and his awesome dance moves)

ima894016LARGE.jpg

Journey Into Imagination
----- (formerly journey into imagination with figment)
----- (omnimover, the classic version of the attraction)

2702781784_113446e32d.jpg

74afcf890ab831d352e5c1ff1850ba6c.jpg

CTDTR74795986.jpg

The Odyssey restaurant
----- (with star-nac, gero, gyro)
----- (comedic show with occasional songs)

customs3.jpg

Entertainment

Epbots and Ican
----- (a group of beatbox entertainers with jokes and gags)

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Nemo and Friends SeaRider
----- (formerly turtle talk with crush)
----- (motion simulator, and a clone of the tokyo version)
I really like this idea, but the placement is not realistic. To fit just one of those simulators in there you'd need to either raise the roof height or dig a serious basement, neither of which is really possible/cost-effective.

Ideal buildout did a concept involving those simulators for the seas in this map:

Blog - EPCOT 2017.png

Perhaps something like this would work better in terms of placement?

MickeyMouse10

I really like this idea, but the placement is not realistic. To fit just one of those simulators in there you'd need to either raise the roof height or dig a serious basement, neither of which is really possible/cost-effective.

Perhaps something like this would work better in terms of placement?

Yeah, of course. It could always be extended in the back of the area. There seems to be an abundance of space on each side of Future World (what I'm calling World Discovery).

itsy bitsy spider

I’m all for more Nemo as long as they don’t forget their past.

On that note, I like the idea of bringing back Jason (the robot, not the guy from Friday the 13th LOL). I don't remember him at all, but he sounds interesting.

Frankenstein79

"The Finding Nemo" restaurant could be a hit with children much like animators palate. It also accomplishes 2 things.

1. There would definitely be more people wanting the back tables and
2. There would be less people looking over the shoulders of the tank people

MickeyMouse10

I think the look of the inside of the pavilion needs an overhaul badly. I’d love to see all of the walls become a seamless tank. Like in the photo above. As is there’s too much of a cheap plastic aesthetic to the whole area.

danheaton

There are some awesome ideas in this thread. I feel like there would be great potential in the World Discovery and World Nature sections even if we stick with those titles. I'd love to see a big re-theme of The Living Seas. They could still have Nemo (and the Marine Life Institute) involved there, but the "Nemo gets lost" story line would be removed. We'd also have much better views of the aquarium again. The basic components are still there with some tweaks.

On the World Discovery side, I'm okay with keeping Test Track intact for the most part. I don't feel like it's out of place in EPCOT. I'd scrap the idea of the Play Pavilion and instead use that space for a collection of attractions that look to the future. In a sense, this one pavilion would constitute parts of Future World that I loved. it wouldn't be a retread of Horizons or Energy and would instead look forward with a spirit of innovation.

By the way, I know all of this is a pipe dream and not going to happen. It's a fun exercise to think it over, though. This is basically about 1% of what I'd like to see in the park, but it's a starting point.

Rambozo

Yeah, I'd love to see a retheme of the Nemo ride as well.

It bugs me because it keeps repeating the same lines over and over again. And it always sounds really loud for some reason. "NEMO NEMO. HAS ANYONE SEEN NEMO?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom