Your EPCOT future world ideas

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
If I were in charge of the whole future world section of EPCOT, The first thing I would do is _____, because _____. It needs to be changed/unchanged this way so that it is/can ______.
Pavilions...

Wonders of Life
Innoventions
Club Cool
Spaceship Earth
The Land
Imagination
Mission: Space
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Test Track

The pavilions/pavilion I think that doesn't need to be changed it _____, because it still _____ and is ______.

Rules for the WDWMagic Madlibs: It's not what the other people think, It's what YOU think!

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

HMF

Spaceship Earth-5.0
Re-Imagined Innoventions and plaza
New Universe of Energy
Updated Mission Space
Updated Test Track
The Seas with Nemo & friends becomes "The Seas"
New Imagination ride and film
new signage everywhere
Change primary color from purple to dark blue
Remove LAL
Attrarction specific logos ala the new Spaceship Earth and Project Tomorrow logos.

Fractal514

This is on the wrong board. It should be moved to the imagineering board.

Not because I don't like the conversation, just because why have an imagineering board if people are gonna do threads like every else except the imagineering board.

ScorpionX

Future World

Future World Gemini
Spaceship Earth Pavilion
Presented by Verizon.
  • Spaceship Earth (new 5th version)
  • Earth Station
CommuniCore East
  • Forests For Our Future
  • Disney.com's Internet Zone
  • The House of Innoventions
  • Discover the Stories Behind the Magic: EPCOT Center
  • The Visionarium
  • Perry the Platypus's World Showcase Adventure
  • Coal Locator
  • Electronic Forum
  • The D-Show
  • The Flag Game
  • The News Choice Theatre
  • Offshore Drilling
  • SMRT-1
  • Visa TravelPort
  • Video Bicycle
CommuniCore West
  • Medicine's New Vision
  • The Knowledge Vortex
  • Networked Living
  • The Ultimate Home Theatre Experience
  • Face-to-Face
  • Person of the Year
  • Portrait Robots
  • T-Shirt Robots
  • Teacher's Center
  • Slapstick Studios
  • The Greta American Farm
  • Video Games of Tomorrow
  • Segway Central
  • Where's the Fire?
  • The Great Piggy Bank Adventure
  • The Sum of All Thrills
The Universe of Energy Pavilion
Presented by Hess.
  • The Universe of Energy (renamed Ellen ride)
The Marvels of Computing
Presented by Apple.
  • TRON Discovery
  • Goofy About the Internet
  • Computer Command
New Horizons Pavilion
Presented by General Electric.
  • New Horizons
  • Dreamchasers
Test Track Pavilion
Presented by Ford.
  • Test Track
  • TransCenter
Imagination!
Presented by Hasbro.
  • Journey Into Imagination
  • ImageWorks: The Hasbro "What If?" Labs
  • Captain EO
The Land
Presented by Nestle.
  • Soarin' Over the World
  • Living with the Land
  • Kitchen Kabaret
The Wonders of Weather
Presented by GEICO.
  • StormRider
  • Great Moments with the Seasons (Kitchen Kabaret-style show)
  • The Coud Camp (Jumpin' Jellyfish-type ride)
The Mysterious Seas
Presented by West Marine.
  • The Great Barrier Reef Ride
  • Turtle Talk with Crush

jt04

OK time to think outside the box.

What if Disney started changing the whole area and dropped the FW motif and sponsored attraction with their own franchises.

Imagination-Muppets (dark ride)
Mission:Space- WALL-E (space adventure)
Energy- Incredibles (mummy type coaster)
Test Track-Cars (self explanatory)
Seas- Nemo (just moreso)
The Land- UP (including a new Soarin' film themed to the movie)
WoL- TRON (self explanatory)
SSE - same except the descent puts you in your favorite Disney movie

Yep, something like that could work.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

What if Disney started changing the whole area and dropped the FW motif and sponsored attraction with their own franchises.

Seas- Nemo (just moreso)

I was thinkin WoL could be a museum pavilion on EPCOT.

I think Innoventions should be just the way it is.

- WondersOfLife

adv.bluedude

Spaceship Earth
Spaceship Earth
Project Tomorrow

Universe of Energy
Universe of Energy

Air and Space Pavilion(Replacement for WoL)
Soarin
Dark ride about history of Air Travel
Scaled down Mission Space(One or two cenrtrifuges)

New Horizons
New Horizons

Journey into Imagination
Journey into Imagination
Imageworks
New 3D Film

The Land
Living with the Land
Kitchen Kabaret

Living Seas
Dark Ride
Seabase Alpha

JEANYLASER

Seas- Nemo (just moreso)

Yeah! I was thinking to have a museum about Epcot too in the old WOL!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Interesting idea. Never thought of them having a permanent museum but it would be nice to experience past attractions of FW, perhaps in virtual 3D with music and everything. :)

Maybe a movie in the cranium command theater of the making of me theater?

There could be a simulator ride that flies over a virtual old Epcot Center in the Body Wars area...

- WondersOfLife

jt04

There could be a simulator ride that flies over a virtual old Epcot Center in the Body Wars area...

I wonder if they could have individual doom buggy shaped seats on a motion base and a screen that lowers once inside to fill your field of view. Then you could simply choose the experience you want in 3D.

Classic SSE
Original Imagination
World of Motion
Horizons w/orange :lol:
Original Energy
Body Wars
Cranium Command

Of course most or all would have to be virtually created but 3D CGI versions could be enhanced and might be even better than the original!

JEANYLASER

awesome idea! I love it! And Journey into Imagination 2.0 with Dreamfinder and Figment will be awesome idea too! What is going to be the new name for this 3-D movie in imagination?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
awesome idea! I love it! And Journey into Imagination 2.0 with Dreamfinder and Figment will be awesome idea too! What is going to be the new name for this 3-D movie in imagination?

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you right so bare with me here!

We were talking about a virtual 3-D simulator ride that flies over Old Epcot Center in the Wonders of Life pavilion in maybe like the Body Wars area.

If I didn't understand you right, sorry, were you talking about like maybe a new 3-D movie in the Imagination! pavilion?

Hmm... I think i'll stick with Captain E-O untill I see it, if I don't like it then maybe it can go :) I'm thinking maybe something similar to Shrek 4-D at Universal Studios where the chairs move and stuff? Maybe: Dreamfinder and Figment's Dream-Adventure! Maybe the story of it could have a conflict when a kid is dreaming and Dreamfinder shrinks the
Dream-Flyer and travel into the boy's head and see what the kid is dreaming. The kid could at first start out as a normal happy dream. But then the Dream-Flyer would have a malfunction and some kind of electronic-shock can explode and then the boy's dreams become a nightmare and you have to get to the center of the nightmare and suck it up into a machine called the Nightmare-Suck-Away or something. Then the good dreams come back, you get out of the boy's head and Dreamfinder and Figment make there way back to the Dreamport. You know the dreamport? Where you have to go on the original imagination ride? "Well first we must store these items in the dreamport. Are we almost there? Well the dreamport is never far away when you use your imagination!" Remember that? Also, the new imageworks might be able to stay downstairs, and what if the imageworks IS the dreamport? :D That way I can stick to my old idea of having a figment cafe on the top floor!

- WondersOfLife

JEANYLASER

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you right so bare with me here!

We were talking about a virtual 3-D simulator ride that flies over Old Epcot Center in the Wonders of Life pavilion in maybe like the Body Wars area.

If I didn't understand you right, sorry, were you talking about like maybe a new 3-D movie in the Imagination! pavilion?

Hmm... I think i'll stick with Captain E-O untill I see it, if I don't like it then maybe it can go :) I'm thinking maybe something similar to Shrek 4-D at Universal Studios where the chairs move and stuff? Maybe: Dreamfinder and Figment's Dream-Adventure! Maybe the story of it could have a conflict when a kid is dreaming and Dreamfinder shrinks the
Dream-Flyer and travel into the boy's head and see what the kid is dreaming. The kid could at first start out as a normal happy dream. But then the Dream-Flyer would have a malfunction and some kind of electronic-shock can explode and then the boy's dreams become a nightmare and you have to get to the center of the nightmare and suck it up into a machine called the Nightmare-Suck-Away or something. Then the good dreams come back, you get out of the boy's head and Dreamfinder and Figment make there way back to the Dreamport. You know the dreamport? Where you have to go on the original imagination ride? "Well first we must store these items in the dreamport. Are we almost there? Well the dreamport is never far away when you use your imagination!" Remember that? Also, the new imageworks might be able to stay downstairs, and what if the imageworks IS the dreamport? :D That way I can stick to my old idea of having a figment cafe on the top floor!

I love it!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

Seas- Nemo (just moreso)

Take out tron and muppets, and voila! a pixar park!

- WondersOfLife

RedFurredCadet

Apologies for the thread bump...

I'll consider using the madlibs for now:

If I were in charge of the whole future world section of EPCOT, The first thing I would do is consider a reboot for the WoL pavilion (obviously), because 1) its 80's look is what got it killed, and 2) medical tech is always changing and it needs to catch up... etc. It needs to be changed by means of 1) pattern/paint job changes, 2) expansion to cover a vacant basement floor (give or take) to add room for exhibits or showrooms, and 3) consider a restoration/reboot of anything else. All this, so that the pav remains a lively place to be for years to come.

That or Mission: Space, because apparently, to have just a simulator-shuttle-ride is just not enough... in fact, it needs to be changed by means of expanding to cover the history, and future of space exploration and travel, so that people who don't like to get space-sick on the simulator rides can get a decent fix of space facts elsewhere.

ScorpionX

Apologies for the thread bump...

I'll consider using the madlibs for now:

If I were in charge of the whole future world section of EPCOT, The first thing I would do is consider a reboot for the WoL pavilion (obviously), because 1) its 80's look is what got it killed, and 2) medical tech is always changing and it needs to catch up... etc. It needs to be changed by means of 1) pattern/paint job changes, 2) expansion to cover a vacant basement floor (give or take) to add room for exhibits or showrooms, and 3) consider a restoration/reboot of anything else. All this, so that the pav remains a lively place to be for years to come.

That or Mission: Space, because apparently, to have just a simulator-shuttle-ride is just not enough... in fact, it needs to be changed by means of expanding to cover the history, and future of space exploration and travel, so that people who don't like to get space-sick on the simulator rides can get a decent fix of space facts elsewhere.
Mission: SPACE is just Space Mountain as a simulator. Doesn't fit very well with Future World. :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom