Your EPCOT future world ideas

itsy bitsy spider

Part of me wonders if it's an ego thing. If the suits or creatives behind recent EPCOT decisions are determined to leave their mark on the park, and tearing down Innoventions West was a part of that. Could it be an ego thing?

Noooo, I don't think it's an ego thing. I just think that we have a company being run by idiots.

2VOo6TH.jpeg

Mickeynerd17

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. What if Future World was redesigned to be more like a city in the spirit of the original EPCOT concept? How would the current pavilions (after the current overhaul is done) be altered or replaced in the future to fit this model? Would it work?

I might start a thread on this, but I'll need some more solid ideas.

comics101

Tomorrowland and Futureworld already have too much of a similar theming. I wouldn’t want to see a peoplemover in both as well.

Couldn't disagree more. Post-1994, Tomorrowland has been about "Yesterday's Tomorrows," or rather "The future that never was." Its focus is more fantasy-driven, bringing guests into a 1930's and 1950's retro sci-fi world. And even prior to 1994, Tomorrowland had more of a "fantasy-tomorrow" theme, with attractions such as Space Mountain transporting guests on a fictional inter-galactic transit system, and "Mission to Mars" blasting guests to the surface of the red planet that man has yet to set foot on.

Future World was about cold-hard facts and science. It was about the real world--about its history and its future. With the introduction of GOTG in the former Energy pavilion, this will no longer be the case, however from 1982 to 2022, EPCOT was always supposed to emphasize fact over fiction in a way that Tomorrowland never did.

Mickeynerd17

Tomorrowland and Futureworld already have too much of a similar theming. I wouldn’t want to see a peoplemover in both as well.
I understand what you're talking about, but a peoplemover isn't exactly what I had in mind.

I'm thinking of a park set up in the ideas of Walt's EPCOT city. (I know it had a peoplemover, but hear me out!) Any city would feature a town square, power systems, a DOT, perhaps a space launch site, some scientific laboratories, and residential areas. These factors of a city I believe were never really executed in Tomorrowland (with a haphazard approach that really only affected the star jets and the front two structures with Alien Encounter and Timekeeper. It was a city in name only honestly). This would be a more "committed" approach that would both educate and include classic characters (Fab 5, dreamfinder and figment).

I need to write these ideas out, but it's definitely a concept that would be intriguing to see happen.
Couldn't disagree more. Post-1994, Tomorrowland has been about "Yesterday's Tomorrows," or rather "The future that never was." Its focus is more fantasy-driven, bringing guests into a 1930's and 1950's retro sci-fi world. And even prior to 1994, Tomorrowland had more of a "fantasy-tomorrow" theme, with attractions such as Space Mountain transporting guests on a fictional inter-galactic transit system, and "Mission to Mars" blasting guests to the surface of the red planet that man has yet to set foot on.

Future World was about cold-hard facts and science. It was about the real world--about its history and its future. With the introduction of GOTG in the former Energy pavilion, this will no longer be the case, however from 1982 to 2022, EPCOT was always supposed to emphasize fact over fiction in a way that Tomorrowland never did.
^This

comics101

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. What if Future World was redesigned to be more like a city in the spirit of the original EPCOT concept? How would the current pavilions (after the current overhaul is done) be altered or replaced in the future to fit this model? Would it work?

I might start a thread on this, but I'll need some more solid ideas.
Someday I'll have to share with you my concept which sort of follows this idea. It starts with Progress City Plaza replacing Innoventions Plaza and then essentially brings the worlds of Horizons to life, converting The Land into Mesa Verde, The Seas into Sea Castle, and Space into Alpha Centauri. Then Test Track would become a fictional Transportation Hub dubbed "The TransCenter" (in tribute to the original TransCenter) and Imagination becomes "The DreamPort."

comics101

I'm thinking of a park set up in the ideas of Walt's EPCOT city. (I know it had a peoplemover, but hear me out!) Any city would feature a town square, power systems, a DOT, perhaps a space launch site, some scientific laboratories, and residential areas. These factors of a city I believe were never really executed in Tomorrowland (with a haphazard approach that really only affected the star jets and the front two structures with Alien Encounter and Timekeeper. It was a city in name only honestly). This would be a more "committed" approach that would both educate and include classic characters (Fab 5, dreamfinder and figment)

The first step in turning EPCOT into a "city," is to create the Progress City Hotel, allowing guests to stay "in" Walt's Progress City. Imagine being able to hop onto a Peoplemover from the hotel's main building and riding it to the park!

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

The first step in turning EPCOT into a "city," is to create the Progress City Hotel, allowing guests to stay "in" Walt's Progress City. Imagine being able to hop onto a Peoplemover from the hotel's main building and riding it to the park!
That's actually a really good idea! It could be situated in that expansion plot behind Seas and the Land.

oogie boogie man

Awesome idea, it's similar to the original idea for the Magic Kingdom area. Where peoplemovers were going to be used as transportation outside the park.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Awesome idea, it's similar to the original idea for the Magic Kingdom area. Where peoplemovers were going to be used as transportation outside the park.

tzcehjjux4l21.png

Yep, the Magic Kingdom area had plans for 8 resorts to be located right next to the park. Including a South Seas themed resort and Cape Cod Bay.

..... And strangely an ice rink and roller dome.

MickeyMouse10

maxresdefault.jpg

The Wall-E ride would teach us about recycling and how we can save our planet from total and utter disaster. (insert Donald Trump or Biden joke here)

I toyed with the idea of guests being able to see a fat version of themselves in the final part. Like how you can see a dog in your place on “The Secret life of Pets” ride at USH. But that would probably be.. a little insensitive.

itsy bitsy spider

I kinda like the movie, but the lack of dialogue really chapped my rear. So much so that I’ve only seen it 1 time.

The ride could be good though as long as it doesn’t repeat the same dialogue like the Nemo ride. I don’t won’t to hear “EEEva” and “Waalll E” over and over again.

The Great Gonzo

On the ride you could see what the future would look like if you don’t recycle. There's so many great examples they could use.

Burning cars, eyepatched kids with machine guns, old people pooping in their pants... with no one around to change them. And worst of all is this happened because you didn't put that Pepsi in the recycling bin.

Rambozo

Oh yeah it’s always good to scare people into doing things. That’s why I have a childproof cage in my house.

“YOU GOT ANOTHER C+? GET IN THE CAGE RAMBOZO JUNIOR.”

Snow Queen 83

Big Hero Six does fit the robot theming, much like "Guardians of the Galaxy". Guardians especially fits the new theming because of Starlord's awesome 80's mixtape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom