Your dream WDW retirement job?

dvcnut39

Original Poster
I have a short 11 1/2 years to go. Like the rest of us, I spend all day thinking about WDW. My dream retirement job would be to operate the Friendship boats from Beach Club to Disney/MGM Studios, to EPCOT, and back. What's your Dream Job?

cptwife80

I would love to test Space Mountain every morning to make sure it is running right... My fav ride in the whole park!!! I even went on it after my very first mixed drink and my DH said I had a blast!!! Oh and my first drink was at 26 :ROFLOL:

figmentmom

I actually work in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in the summers (I teach school in upstate New York the rest of the year), so I'm pretty much already doing the "dream job" thing. :ROFLOL: My favorite position to work, though, is grouper at "It's a Small World" - the boats load slowly enough that you actually get the chance to talk to Guests. (And no, the song doesn't drive me nuts at all. :lol: )

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've often thought about this...

I teach school, and have frequently considered moving down there and working there during the summer...

As for what job I would like...it would definitely have to be something in one of the parks. I always wanted to be that person that walks the ropes at the beginning of the day. What else do they do? I also think it would be fun to work something technical for one of their shows (like lights or something backstage). Of course, I have no experience in that field, but this is a thread about dream jobs, right??? :D

toadh63

I actually work in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in the summers (I teach school in upstate New York the rest of the year), so I'm pretty much already doing the "dream job" thing. :ROFLOL: My favorite position to work, though, is grouper at "It's a Small World" - the boats load slowly enough that you actually get the chance to talk to Guests. (And no, the song doesn't drive me nuts at all. :lol: )

I teach school in St Pete... just a question... how do you go about getting a summer job at WDW when you aren't living commute distance from the park? Is there a friend/relative in the area, or a summer rental? If your address is more than 45 minutes from the park, casting won't hire you.

While going through all the hoops for my job in Pinellas, I actually interviewed, got hired and processed for a Tampa DRC job at WDW Casting, but couldn't get called back for on-property (I have a Tampa address).

Back on topic... Dream job - Great Movie Ride cast member (gangster costume plus commandeering a ride vehicle equals kewl job).
:drevil:

JCorduroy

This is a great question!

If I had to go with a retirement job, I think I'd like to be one of the CM's at the Polynesian - I don't really care what I'd do. I love that resort, everyone is always so polite, and I have nothing but positive experiences there.

disneytopdog

I have 10 more years till I can retire. I would love working the Monorail stations. Or, I am a big HAM...so TOT or Haunted Mansion.

As a teenager and thru college I worked as a ride operator at a local Six Flags park

jiminy.cricket

I don't know about myself, but this would be a perfect thread for my dad! Every time we visit WDW, he always mentions wanting to drive the parking lot tram after retiring. He imagines it would be relaxing and fun, bringing people in and out of the parks. I, on the other hand, am terrified of driving and would be extremely hesitant to trust myself directing that thing!

kymie

I would love to be a character. I know the conditions make it a very hard job, but for me when i go to WDW the magic is in the meet and greets , so i would like to pass on some of the magic!

majortom1981

hmm

Working for wdw in the business section.

I don't want to be a character because I used to be yogi bear at their campgrounds.

Same Caliber costume as the disney ones and it was bad. The head weighed a ton and got very hot even with the icepack vest on.

My dream job though would to be a manager or something in the business department in wdw. I have a major in business so its not that far fetched.

kennyj29

I think I would like to work in World of Disney! That way when something new comes out, I will be one of the first to have it!!!! I wouldn't want to work in the parks because to me, that would spoil the fun of being there! The shopping area would be the place for me.

DiPSU224

My husband and I talk about this all the time. I want to sell Mickey balloons on Main Street and he wants to drive a monorail. Maybe one day...:)

MaXXimus

My dream job would be to hit the lottery and then use the money to build a new resort at WDW and be there every day, even as the owner and talk with guests and see what can be done to make it that much more magical for them.

we did the behind the scenes tour at animal kingdom on our honeymoon, and i think that i would love to be the tour guide. really, the tour guide for any tour, but that one in particular was cool because you get to go back to the paddocks.

Nemo14

DH and I plan to retire down there someday. He wants to be a monorail pilot, a bus driver, or the guy who drives around the parking lot picking up things that guests drop from the tram (we call him the Hat Retriever).

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

. . . yeah:lookaroun

. . . right:lookaroun

. . . so you were like this before?:lookaroun

:lol:

I've been sort of toying with the idea . . . but I'm not sure I would want to.

I'm afraid working there might take away some of the magic.:shrug:

I think it could be a fun job, but I don't know if I'd be able to enjoy actually attending as much. Would it be worth the trade-off? I'm not sure.

I think if I could pick something, I'd like to be doing some of the innovations things. Like doing the tour of the house of tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom