Your Disney Number 1.

real mad hatter

So you've booked your resort and the planning is all done.But what I'd like to know is what is your most favourite thing that you look forward too. For example; Is it the attractions,or the food,or just to immerse yourself in the Disney magic? For myself I think it's to escape from the real world for two weeks and be a big kid again.:)

luv

The dinners I always most looked forward to we're Restaurant Marrakesh and Garden Grill.

The meal I always most looked forward to was Tusker House breakfast, before they made it a character meal.

Walking through the Plaza at FW and seeing ITTBAB have been favorites for a long time. I still like to do those things. (And Shamu, but I know he doesn't count on WDW section, lol.)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So you've booked your resort and the planning is all done.But what I'd like to know is what is your most favourite thing that you look forward too. For example; Is it the attractions,or the food,or just to immerse yourself in the Disney magic? For myself I think it's to escape from the real world for two weeks and be a big kid again.:)

Its just simply slipping into the magical world of WDW. I love being cut off from everyone and everything else! No calls, no work, just all Disney all the time!!!!

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I like to call it " the Disney World Euphoria". It is just that feeling of being transported by the sights, sounds and smells of it all. It's a tonic for the soul. Better than any drug. And oh yeah, that first ride of every trip on Mansion.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

There are just soooooooooo many things that make up "that feeling." Yes, it is partly rooted in escapism, but regardless of where you vacation- you're escaping the every day grind. For me, I think it's the happy factor. It's so well insulated from the outside world and most everything you come in contact with while inside that bubble is nice and cheery. I know there are a number of doom and gloom posters who see so much negative there, but I see - HAPPY! :) And while I'm sure we've all had a few negative experience- i.e. even such a magical place can't be perfect - someone usually makes up for it or steps in to make it better. No place else can I go where they're so heavily focused on keeping me in this kid-like euphoria. In fact, the only time I'm reminded of the world outside is when I see one of these...

(or the DME version)

I think the happy is why it's so much fun to plan a return trip...returning to old favorites, trying new things, seeing what kinds of things will be on the schedule when you go, etc. = planning for the HAPPY :D Which in turn puts you in a temporary little happy bubble. DH thinks it's nuts, but I swear I'm a much nicer person to be around if I have WDW trip details to plan...even if it's just stalking the dining website (hey, improving dining adds to the happy).

Upvote 0

disney1077

It is the "Disney Feeling" followed very closely by the food. And its funny because you can't explain that feeling to one who doesn't already have it. Yes, its escapism but its also a feeling of nostalgia for many of us who have many trips under our belts beginning with our parents and siblings followed years later by memories with our own families. And the great thing about WDW is the amount of planning and time it takes to really put it all together extends the Disney Feeling because with each step and detail, you get that feeling. Yes Hatter, it is the magic that WDW holds in so many ways that is number one and brings us back as often as we can get there.

You said it so perfectly.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I was the same as you, hatter, and never got to experience my first trip until I was already a "big" kid - 35 years old in fact. But from the moment I drove under the Welcome sign back in 2005, I was instantly hooked and a HUGE fan! Although it is hard to pick just one thing I look forward to, I guess if I had to, it would be walking down Main Street U.S.A for that first time each trip and taking in all the sights and sounds it has to offer. It instantly transports you back to that feeling of being a kid, even though I never experienced it as a kid. And it never gets old, no matter how many times you've done it!

GREAT question, hatter! :)

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Hard to nail down a number one but in my minds-eye when I think about the trip the very first image evoked is that feeling after check in and settling into the room when we are headed into the parks for the first time on the first day. Park hoppers in hand the world is laid before us with endless possibilities and all of our worries left at the boarding gate at Philadelphia International Airport.....that is the number one thing that comes to mind as the days count down.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Its knowing that once I cross into Disney Territiory I will be immersed in the bubble for the length of my trip..I will check the weather..and messages from my daughter..but ouside of that..I am comletely engaged at soaking up every once of Disney Goodness I can

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Oh my gosh the list - being away from it all, complete immersion in another world, seeing the castle for the first time on each trip, all the great food we get (and desserts!!) and finally the Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest! ....sigh.... I wish I was there right now, even with all the rain coming. On the plus side I am headed there in 90 days, so Yay!

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I think for us, it is just simply getting away from reality for a while. We can truly focus on fun and family while being totally and completely engrossed in the magic of Disney. (The food runs a close second, though!) :) 6 days!!!!

This...escaping! :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom