Your Disney Number 1.

real mad hatter

So you've booked your resort and the planning is all done.But what I'd like to know is what is your most favourite thing that you look forward too. For example; Is it the attractions,or the food,or just to immerse yourself in the Disney magic? For myself I think it's to escape from the real world for two weeks and be a big kid again.:)

Pooh Lover

It is the "Disney Feeling" followed very closely by the food. And its funny because you can't explain that feeling to one who doesn't already have it. Yes, its escapism but its also a feeling of nostalgia for many of us who have many trips under our belts beginning with our parents and siblings followed years later by memories with our own families. And the great thing about WDW is the amount of planning and time it takes to really put it all together extends the Disney Feeling because with each step and detail, you get that feeling. Yes Hatter, it is the magic that WDW holds in so many ways that is number one and brings us back as often as we can get there.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
It is the "Disney Feeling" followed very closely by the food. And its funny because you can't explain that feeling to one who doesn't already have it. Yes, its escapism but its also a feeling of nostalgia for many of us who have many trips under our belts beginning with our parents and siblings followed years later by memories with our own families. And the great thing about WDW is the amount of planning and time it takes to really put it all together extends the Disney Feeling because with each step and detail, you get that feeling. Yes Hatter, it is the magic that WDW holds in so many ways that is number one and brings us back as often as we can get there.
Spot on.I do tho feel missed out as I didn't discover the magic till late on in life,however,Iam so glad I did.:)

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I was thinking of all the proper words to put together to describe my feelings on this subject and to input a little bit of my amazing wisdom into this thread then I read @Pooh Lover's post and thought it's so much easier to just type 4 letters:

It is the "Disney Feeling" followed very closely by the food. And its funny because you can't explain that feeling to one who doesn't already have it. Yes, its escapism but its also a feeling of nostalgia for many of us who have many trips under our belts beginning with our parents and siblings followed years later by memories with our own families. And the great thing about WDW is the amount of planning and time it takes to really put it all together extends the Disney Feeling because with each step and detail, you get that feeling.
T - H - I - S

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

There is no "Disney Number 1" thing. A WDW vacation is many things that, combined together, make the entire WDW experience complete.

I like the "little" things:
  • Driving under the Welcome to WDW sign for the first time.
  • Boarding anyone of several attractions just before they start to move.
  • Sitting down at my favorite spot with my favorite snack in hand.
  • The thrill of walking through the turnstiles at opening.
  • Hearing my favorite Disney music.
  • Seeing the looks on the faces of my family as they experience their favorite WDW moments.

Upvote 0

ishmael0316

Having just moved to Orlando, I thought a bit of the magic would be lost knowing I could just drive to my magical home anytime I wanted. I really got worried when I was driving in and realized there would be no more DME to bring me in and out with their tear jerking movies. Then I saw my first purple sign with Mickey ears and it hit me all at once. I am home. When I pulled up to the hotel and the security guard manning his post confirmed my stay, he said "Welcome home sir." I lost it. I was home and nothing could ever make this feeling less special. In just a few minutes I would see my princesses and all would be right with the world. To me, there is no feeling like seeing MY castle and talking to my ladies.

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

Just being a kid again!! The feeling of being care-free. So much of the day is about being an adult, having to deal with decision making, being a responsible adult and when I get to disney world it's like I can play and not worry about that, I am just a little girl again!!!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
There is no "Disney Number 1" thing. A WDW vacation is many things that, combined together, make the entire WDW experience complete.

I like the "little" things:
  • Driving under the Welcome to WDW sign for the first time.
  • Boarding anyone of several attractions just before they start to move.
  • Sitting down at my favorite spot with my favorite snack in hand.
  • The thrill of walking through the turnstiles at opening.
  • Hearing my favorite Disney music.
  • Seeing the looks on the faces of my family as they experience their favorite WDW moments.
No cheating,There's always a number 1 thing that brings back memories that can't be erased.:)

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Checking in & "exploring" is one of the most exciting parts of visiting Disney for me. Maybe it's just because it's the very first thing you do, so you have the anticipation of the whole week ahead of you. I just have always loved talking to the CM & finding out where my room will be....opening the door, unpacking, getting maps...I love that part of the trip. =)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom