Your defining Disney World icon

EPCOT.nut

The Castle has always been the icon for me, but as a kid I thought the Castle was the most boring ride! :ROFLOL: I don't know what I expected but when we would walk through it I always thought it should be bigger and with horses in it. :lol:

Texas84

Definitely any of the entrance signs. But now that the western beltway is open, coming over that hill and seeing SSE in the distance gets us fired up!

SDav10495

When I'm there in person, I get "that feeling" from the MK train station. It's more exciting to me knowing I'm about to pass under and enter Main Street than it is once I'm there looking at the castle (the castle, for me, is best viewed from across the lagoon).

I would normally say Spaceship Earth, but when I think about it it's honestly been years since I've gotten "that feeling" from looking at it in person when I enter the park. With the wand I could never really look at SSE and "feel" the that feeling that took me back to my childhood, back when EPCOT was a totally different park. It's still easily my favorite park and SSE is the structure I most marvel at, but it hasn't felt like much of an "icon" for me in a while. Looking forward to seeing it naked on my next visit though!

DisneyDavO

All of the things mentioned so far will instantly remind me of one trip or another, but the one thing that IS Disney to me is Tink waving her wand at the end of The Wonderful World Of Disney t.v. show. That image of her represents Disney to me.:animwink:

Ravenclaw87

Like everyone else, mine is definitely the castle.

But, my SECOND is the French Pavillion at Epcot. I could spend all day there eating Napoleans and browsing through the shops. I think if I lived in Florida I would spend all day there and people watch.

mrssparrow

Mine would have to be space mountain. In the sense that it is the fist thing I notice as we approach the MK on disney transportation. MK will always hold a very special place in my heart, and when I see the top of SM, I know I"m home :)

JimboJones123

I have 2.

During regular seasons it's the Walt/Mickey statue. When I was a kid we had all the hard cover souviner books. Several started out w/the statue on the first page. Since that's the first thing I saw when thumbing throught the books, it will always be the first thing that comes to mind. That and the fact that it was in both parks. As far as I know they are identical. Might be the only identical things in both WDW and DL. Always seemed to tie things together.

During Christmas time though, it's any one of the GIANT Christmas trees. My second trip was during Christmas, and my Grandpa thought it was so cool that both parks had GIANT trees fully decorated from top to bottom at them. So, during the holiday season, I can think of nothing symbolizing Disney Christmas better than the GIANT trees.

Cindyrella

All of the things mentioned so far will instantly remind me of one trip or another, but the one thing that IS Disney to me is Tink waving her wand at the end of The Wonderful World Of Disney t.v. show. That image of her represents Disney to me.:animwink:

I just got my first tattoo a few months ago. It is Tinkerbell waving a wand full of pixie dust. For me, it represents the total magic of Disney.

Eyorefan

well, the castle I think is pretty defining, but I always get goose bumps when I see the Haunted Mansion.

I would also have to through in IASW, that whole ride just says Disney to me, and it's one of the few still standing that I remember going on as a child.

(RIP MTWR)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom