Your Best, Cheap Hotel off site to save money!

yensid67

(PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS...I posted in Hotels section and no one responds! But if ya have to I understand.

I am wondering for those who stay off property what is your go to hotel to save money? I am currently searching for a decent hotel just to shower and sleep...don't want a dive but don't want to spend a lot...Lake Buena Vista, I Drive or Kissimmee is preferred areas!

MomofPrincessGrace

This past week we stayed at the Quality Inn by the Parks the night before we left for a cruise. It was less than a 15 minute drive to DS and a 10 minute drive to Universal. It was extremely clean and the area felt safe. We booked it through Expedia for about $70. They also have a free continental breakfast and free parking. This is going to be our new go-to when we are in Orlando and not staying on property.

Upvote 0

Dave B

" I am currently searching for a decent hotel just to shower and sleep...don't want a dive but don't want to spend a lot"
The OP is asking for cheap and you are suggesting suites, c'mon now

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Cheap.....Palm Pkwy (Hampton, Courtyard, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites)....or Western Way (Springhill Suites)
Moderate.....Hilton BC, Wyndham BC, Hilton LB, Wyndham LB.
Best Value....Sheraton Vistana Villages, Hilton Grand Vacations ($120-$150 depending on certain factors for an 800 sq ft room)

Upvote 0
It really depends on your expectations . We have stayed off-site 4 times now , 3 times at LBV Clarion Inn and once at Hilton Disney springs tower apartments . Both were more affordable than onsite . Both hotels had excellent free Disney transport. The Hilton you could walk to Disney springs via walkway in about 5_6 mins. The Hilton had a huge wind away river which the kids loved. Food at the hotel was pricey , although the character breakfast with Pluto and friends was reasonable. The clarion is basic , staff are friendly , 10 minute walk to IHOP . Breakfast at the hotel was good and you make Mickey waffles which was good . If you request a room facing the car park at the back you won't get road noise . The clarion also has shuttles to SeaWorld and universal. The bus stop for normal bus service is right outside the hotel which we used several times. The bus right into
to Disney's transportation centre and only cost 1_2 dollars per person. You can also get to SeaWorld , the mall , and the Walmart at Turkey lake road by bus . Taxis were reasonable which we caught at nighttime only 15_20 USD to get back from Disney to hotel.
So for us we love the Clarion , cheap , friendly and convenient and also really allows for less driving and has free parking as well as great transportation. Only about 15 minute drive to magic kingdom
We love the Hilton hotel , can walk to Disney Springs , love the windaway river which is open late at night , love Disney buses and character breakfasts , also now benefits from EMH as a guest at a Disney neighborhood hotel. This is a new perk. Parking at this hotel is expensive though . I believe 15_20 USD per day. As a virgin holiday guest this was waived. Only about 10 minute drive to the magic kingdom

I would say to check out some YouTube room and resort tours as it can give you a good visual and feel for the resort's . You can really tell if it is for you or not .

Upvote 0
Another thing to consider might be renting a villa, especially if you would be renting more than one room in a hotel or are staying a week +. You'd be surprised what you can get for the same price as a hotel, although you would most likely need to rent a car (although that comes with its own perks of course).

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

It really depends on your expectations . We have stayed off-site 4 times now , 3 times at LBV Clarion Inn and once at Hilton Disney springs tower apartments . Both were more affordable than onsite . Both hotels had excellent free Disney transport. The Hilton you could walk to Disney springs via walkway in about 5_6 mins. The Hilton had a huge wind away river which the kids loved. Food at the hotel was pricey , although the character breakfast with Pluto and friends was reasonable. The clarion is basic , staff are friendly , 10 minute walk to IHOP . Breakfast at the hotel was good and you make Mickey waffles which was good . If you request a room facing the car park at the back you won't get road noise . The clarion also has shuttles to SeaWorld and universal. The bus stop for normal bus service is right outside the hotel which we used several times. The bus right into
to Disney's transportation centre and only cost 1_2 dollars per person. You can also get to SeaWorld , the mall , and the Walmart at Turkey lake road by bus . Taxis were reasonable which we caught at nighttime only 15_20 USD to get back from Disney to hotel.
So for us we love the Clarion , cheap , friendly and convenient and also really allows for less driving and has free parking as well as great transportation. Only about 15 minute drive to magic kingdom
We love the Hilton hotel , can walk to Disney Springs , love the windaway river which is open late at night , love Disney buses and character breakfasts , also now benefits from EMH as a guest at a Disney neighborhood hotel. This is a new perk. Parking at this hotel is expensive though . I believe 15_20 USD per day. As a virgin holiday guest this was waived. Only about 10 minute drive to the magic kingdom

I would say to check out some YouTube room and resort tours as it can give you a good visual and feel for the resort's . You can really tell if it is for you or not .
Good info and well thought out

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster

Yeah we have stayed at the Clarion LBV...that is our hotel to stay because of the perks and price! But this trip I haven't been able to find the same prices as before! Maybe its too early! But I have a few more hotels to consider that are decent 2-3 stars and for less than $60 a night! But thank you for your help and info I am sure it will help someone else out as well!

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Last time we did Disney World we stayed in the Comfort Suites Orlando which were great at the time but I see the ratings have really taken a tumble. Mostly people say it is looking worn and old which is understandable given it looks like they haven't been redone since we were there several years ago. It was starting to show wear then. We're going to try either Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista or Convention Center depending on if we can get the quick service cards for bookings at the Good Neighbor Hotels with points or not because it looks like we can mostly get the amenities we had last time at the Comfort Suites. Mainly interested in the hot breakfast, two bedroom, two bath suites, and the full kitchen. The ratings for both Residence Inns look pretty good.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
We are now looking at Mid Pointe Hotel, formerly Red Roof Orlando Convention Center. They just changed their name and it is a Rosen Hotel and Resorts brand, so its going to be a good choice! Rosen brand is awesome

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom