YOUR 2017 Year in Review

disneygeek90

Original Poster
Being my first full year in living in Orlando, I kept track of every theme park I entered this year I think it’s safe to say I get my money’s worth. While some days were a 12 hour affair and others only a couple hours, they all still count.

Days I entered a theme park in 2017: 77 (21% of calendar year)

Magic Kingdom: 8 days
Animal Kingdom: 19 days
Epcot: 21 days
Hollywood Studios: 18 days
Islands of Adventure: 8 days
Universal Studios: 11 days
Disneyland: 4 days
Disney’s California Adventure: 4 days

Total times through a turnstile in 2017: 93

What was your 2017 Theme Park Experience like??

Disney4family

Magic: 10 days
Epcot: 6 days
Studios: 3 days
Animal: 4 days
23 turnstiles - not too shabby since we live on LI & only popped down twice last year
We are the happy, smiley, sweaty family of 4 who are still so giddy to be there.
Every day is a park day for us - with and without hopping - so we can squeeze every ounce of pixie dust we can out of every day.
(and in 207 days - we start our count for 2018 :))

UpAllNight

3 full weeks where we did all the parks and waterparks in Florida every day other than Fun Spot and Legoland. Had an awesome time....just about caught the opening of Volcano Bay & Pandora and loved them. Disneyland California for the first time ever in 2018. Still undecided about next Florida holiday...the plan was 2021 when loads of new stuff was up, but I’m already getting the urge...2021 seems an age away so we will see!

belledream

Our annual trip was cut a little short this year due to Hurricane Irma, but maximum fun was still had in the time we had!
MK: 2 days
EP: 2 days
HS: 1 day
AK: 2 days
Days start before the sun comes up and wayyy after it goes down. We are nonstop riders and admirers of our surroundings, I love that September heat, and may just take an occasional nap during an afternoon show to keep myself going. Oh, also fueled by all kinds of Disney food. ;)

We won't be returning next year (been going as a couple since 2010 when we were wee college kids) because we will be becoming parents instead! :jawdrop: But you can bet I'm already planning baby's first trip...and no, not when they are '5 or 6 or old enough to remember it"...much earlier than that. :p

Happy New Year all!

MegRuss626

Our annual trip was cut a little short this year due to Hurricane Irma, but maximum fun was still had in the time we had!
MK: 2 days
EP: 2 days
HS: 1 day
AK: 2 days
Days start before the sun comes up and wayyy after it goes down. We are nonstop riders and admirers of our surroundings, I love that September heat, and may just take an occasional nap during an afternoon show to keep myself going. Oh, also fueled by all kinds of Disney food. ;)

We won't be returning next year (been going as a couple since 2010 when we were wee college kids) because we will be becoming parents instead! :jawdrop: But you can bet I'm already planning baby's first trip...and no, not when they are '5 or 6 or old enough to remember it"...much earlier than that. :p

Happy New Year all!

We were in that boat this past year! Congrats! And our big plan was to take her in 2021 for the 50th buuuuut she lights up when she sees Mickey so she'll be doing a long weekend trip next December so she can meet the talking Mickey! She'll be 1.5!

belledream

We were in that boat this past year! Congrats! And our big plan was to take her in 2021 for the 50th buuuuut she lights up when she sees Mickey so she'll be doing a long weekend trip next December so she can meet the talking Mickey! She'll be 1.5!
That sounds like precious memories just waiting to happen! :inlove: And thank you!

John park hopper

Did 9 days stayed at CBR prior to construction, had fantsatic weather and did all the parks at least once or twice next big trip will be 2021 for the 50th WDW aniversary with the granddaughters

BoarderPhreak

I learned to never, EVER go to WDW in the summer if it can at all be helped. Seriously. Granted, we were doing a trip to Florida anyway, and when in Florida... So it was the end of July and not only was it hot as all get out, but swampy (and crowded, goes without saying). I don't regret it, of course - but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it could've been, like, any other time of the year.

zengoth

Less MK due to unseemly crowding meant more time for the other parks.
Experienced pandora for the first time (at night)
Last stop at Great Movie Ride
Enjoyed day of the dead exhibit at mexico pavilion (and finally got to see marguerita stand 2.0)
Passholders got their own entrance line. Surprise! It’s twice as long as the regular entrance lines.

21stamps

1 day- Magic Kingdom, Epcot, HS.. so not sure if that counts as 3 being that I did go thru turnstiles but all the same day.

Besides that..

1 day Coney Island

22 Days Kings Island

8 Days Soak City

Had CF Platinum Passes but never made it to an out of town park. :(

IanDLBZF

For me:
I have been to:
  • MK - 4 Times, Plus one MVMCP
  • Epcot - 8 Times
  • Hollywood Studios - 4 Times
  • Animal Kingdom - 4 Times
I have....
  • Park hopped 7 Times
  • Saw PANODRA: The World of AVATAR for the first time
  • Did all four parks in one day under crazy time limits on Veteran's Day
  • Resort Hopped in January (did Monorail Resorts, Epcot, MK, and Disney Springs in one day)
  • Visited Disney Springs 3 times.
  • Taken a total of 8 roundtrips to and from WDW using Public Transportation (SunRail and Lynx Link 50)
  • Meet a total of 12 characters, including one face character

winstongator

Being my first full year in living in Orlando, I kept track of every theme park I entered this year I think it’s safe to say I get my money’s worth. While some days were a 12 hour affair and others only a couple hours, they all still count.

Days I entered a theme park in 2017: 77 (21% of calendar year)

Magic Kingdom: 8 days
Animal Kingdom: 19 days
Epcot: 21 days
Hollywood Studios: 18 days
Islands of Adventure: 8 days
Universal Studios: 11 days
Disneyland: 4 days
Disney’s California Adventure: 4 days

Total times through a turnstile in 2017: 93

What was your 2017 Theme Park Experience like??
I did nearly that many days in 2016, from 3 hrs away. Not quite that much in the parks in 2017, but we got BoG & CRT, and FoP FP+. Quality over quantity?

IanDLBZF

I also got to meet Baymax
Same here - plus Chip'n'Dale, Joy & Sadness, Olaf, Star-Lord & Groot, Stitch, Scrooge McDuck and Donald Duck, and Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps (I've meet them during MVMCP in 2016 too, so this previous trip (December 14-15) was my second time meeting them. I've also managed to get a hug from both during the Move It Shake It Parade - TWICE!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom