Your #1 Off-Site Disneyland Resort Choice

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Pretty simple, here! Looking for everyone's opinion on what the best off-site option is in Disneyland. I'm a WDW expert, and know VERY little about the surroundings of DL and DCA. Thanks in advance!

LM 2010

Pretty simple, here! Looking for everyone's opinion on what the best off-site option is in Disneyland. I'm a WDW expert, and know VERY little about the surroundings of DL and DCA. Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of nice hotels along Harbor Blvd. and they range in price depending on what you are looking for. I really like the Fairfield Inn, it is right across the street and if you get a resort view you can see the fireworks at a great view. I would compare it to a value resort at WDW. Down the street the Anaheim Hitlon is really nice and so is the Doubletree Suites. I hope this helps!:)

frank2271

I have a ressie in the Garden Grove Hampton Inn, has anyone ever stayed there, this will be my first stay. How far is the walk to DL and is there other "stuff" around the hotel (restuarants, shops, bars etc)?

Also, is there a map of the area online, I mean a good map showing the area around Garden Grove, not just streets, other attractions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Frank

Disney_Belle

There are a lot of nice hotels along Harbor Blvd. and they range in price depending on what you are looking for. I really like the Fairfield Inn, it is right across the street and if you get a resort view you can see the fireworks at a great view. I would compare it to a value resort at WDW. Down the street the Anaheim Hitlon is really nice and so is the Doubletree Suites. I hope this helps!:)

We did a tour of the Fairfield Inn this past Thursday on our Agent Education Program. They recently did a refurb on the resort and rooms and I can say first hand they are really nice! They have a very contemporary yet cozy feel.

Desert Inn

We are going in June and have made reservations at The Desert Inn and Suites, which is along Harbor Boulevard directly across the street from Disneyland. Shouldn't be more than a few minutes walk to the front gate of both parks. The hotel has a wide variety of rooms available, including suites, has a continental breakfast, and very reasonably priced. And there's even rooftop viewing of the fireworks at night!

worldfanatic

As a So Cal Disney Fanatic, I've stayed at most of them.
If I can't get into the Grand Cal or Disneyland Hotel (or want to save some $$$$), my next pick is clearly the Anaheim Hilton.
They often have $89 or $99 specials.

The Anabella Hotel is another fine hotel with a great location that isn't outrageously priced.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Any opinions on the Howard Johnsons right there near the entrance? It says they've refurbed recently, and from the pics and website it looks like a nice place with a Disneyland view, balcony, little "water park" for kids.

TP2000

Any opinions on the Howard Johnsons right there near the entrance? It says they've refurbed recently, and from the pics and website it looks like a nice place with a Disneyland view, balcony, little "water park" for kids.

That place is excellent! The service is great, and the property is nicely maintained. Especially if you have kids and you are visiting April through October during swim weather, because that water park is very nicely done. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance turnstiles, and the Mimi's Cafe across the street is a great place for good meals. There's also a McDonalds next door if you want a quicker bite walking to or from the park.

Be warned however, half the balconies face Disneyland, but the other half faces the freeway. You may have a less than magical view.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
That place is excellent! The service is great, and the property is nicely maintained. Especially if you have kids and you are visiting April through October during swim weather, because that water park is very nicely done. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance turnstiles, and the Mimi's Cafe across the street is a great place for good meals. There's also a McDonalds next door if you want a quicker bite walking to or from the park.

Be warned however, half the balconies face Disneyland, but the other half faces the freeway. You may have a less than magical view.
Yeah, the website seems to separate the rooms there in building one by qualifying them as Disneyland view or highway view. Not sure if they did that before, but I would hope that if you choose and pay for the DL view that they wouldn't stick you on the other side.

I think I'm going to try the HoJos. The on property hotels are full for the Half Marathon weekend, plus they cost over 3 times as much, even with a 30% discount.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom