young children on rides

cynic710

out of curiousity, i want to know what rides my son will be able to go on when we go in november. he will be 20 months and is of average hight right now. will he be allowed on anything? ive been there often but honestly cant recall young children on the rides.

i know theres a page with the regulations of riders per ride, but still, i want to know what i can get him on.

cinderellafan6

Actually on wdwinfo.com ther is a list of all the rides in walt disney world with ride lengths and height requirments. Its a great little thing to read before you go.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I started making a list, but it was taking too long! The list of attractions that they can ride/enjoy is far longer than the one of things that they can't.

Upvote 0

charmmy

I just got back from a trip a few weeks ago, and I have a 2 year old who is on the small side. She was able to ride almost everything we were. I'll just list the exceptions:

AK: Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (though it was closed), Everest, Kali River Rapids
DHS: Tower of Terror, RnRC
MK: Splash/Space/Big Thunder mountains, Stitch
Epcot: Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space

On all of those we did the child swap, fastpass and single rider lines so we could ride. We were fine in all the shows we took in- Muppetvision, PhilHarmagic, Tough to be a bug, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, but I would avoid really long ones. She got restless in the Hall Of Presidents during the movie bit and during the greenhouse of Living with the Land.

Upvote 0

cynic710

Original Poster
awesome answers everybody!

i wont have to do child swap, as my mother will be going and she doesnt ride many things (basically only pirates and small world :)) and she will sit with him while my wife and i ride. but the thought of taking him on all the things i loved as a child and grew up with is such a great thought, that i wanted to get a head start on it, thus the reason for bringing him at such a young age.

so if he meets the height requirement, age is irrelevent?

remember, as of today (14 months old now) he is about 27 inches tall, so hopefully he gets a growth spirt or two before november

Upvote 0

charmmy

Yes :) you will be fine with him. I don't think my daughter grasped the concept of Buzz Lightyear SRS or TSMM but they were fun rides nonetheless, and I never had any CMs on any rides say "Hey, she's too young!". I doubt your little one will hit that much of a growth spurt for most of the listed rides though :lol: I measured my daughter at 36" the night before at the hotel with a tape and when standing at the Kali River Rapids bar she was about 3-4" shorter than it though it states it's 38" :lookaroun

You will have a great time though! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Ballsinc

I just got back from a trip a few weeks ago, and I have a 2 year old who is on the small side. She was able to ride almost everything we were. I'll just list the exceptions:

AK: Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (though it was closed), Everest, Kali River Rapids
DHS: Tower of Terror, RnRC
MK: Splash/Space/Big Thunder mountains, Stitch
Epcot: Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space

On all of those we did the child swap, fastpass and single rider lines so we could ride. We were fine in all the shows we took in- Muppetvision, PhilHarmagic, Tough to be a bug, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, but I would avoid really long ones. She got restless in the Hall Of Presidents during the movie bit and during the greenhouse of Living with the Land.

Perfect summation, I have 2 1/2 yr old DD on the small side and wondered how others faired with the rides and shows....THANKS:king:

Upvote 0

Mr_Incredible

my son was 2 years and 8 months this past september when we went. He went on khali river rapids, got scared in tough to be a bug when the lights went out and hopper was yelling.

He loved buzz lightyear, people mover, dumbo, peter pan etc. We didnt take him on HM, and he actually got really scared on the great movie ride, although he was exhausted at that point. But its louder and darker than you actually think once you look at it through a toddlers point of view.

Epcot, he loved the spaceship earth, we used my cell phone during dark moments to keep him ok, he LOVED LOVED LOVED nemo....we couldnt drag him out of the aqarium after the ride along. He likes inoventions, the game room for mission space, and the fountains.

Also, we all took turns (big group) taking him on the land boat ride, it was insane, but he was in love with it, he went on it about 11 times haha.

All in all, it was a blast, taking breaks and heading back to the room was VITAL. Hope you have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom