You'll Never Look at the Haunted Mansion the same way again....

Yert3

Inside the Magic had some part in this if I'm not mistaken. This is also pretty old. Surprising some of you are just now seeing it. It was mega popular when it first came out.

TylerFG

Original Poster
That was really good. Were the filmmakers cast members? It would explain the great CM interaction in the line, and getting to film with so many empty seats on either side, plus, the woman who plays Jess looks like a princess!

Edit: Never mind! Not CMs.

Great find! Very interesting how all of this was done.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So your kid is the one, huh? We like to play "spot the crier" while we're in line. There's always one who starts sniffling, then wailing, when you get in to the stretching room. :D

Hah!

No, she doesn't cry or whine. Thankfully, my kid is the quiet sort. She doesn't throw tantrums or express herself loudly. In the stretching room she grabs my leg / waist. But, she always wants to go on the ride...until we get to the Doombuggy loading, and then her fear kicks in. But, she's never freaked out on HM. The only ride she freaked out on so badly that I thought we'd need to exit early was Stitch when she was 5.

On HM, she just gets very quiet and spends most of the ride with her face in my chest and grips my arm / shirt. When she was 5 and 6, I don't think she saw any of the ride at all...but this past year at 7, she finally got up the nerve to peek a few times.

TylerFG

Original Poster
This ride already scares the bejeezus out of my kid. If I showed her this, no way I'd ever get her on it again!

I hear ya. The ending even creeped me out, and I'm a 16 year old boy.

Hah!

No, she doesn't cry or whine. Thankfully, my kid is the quiet sort. She doesn't throw tantrums or express herself loudly. In the stretching room she grabs my leg / waist. But, she always wants to go on the ride...until we get to the Doombuggy loading, and then her fear kicks in. But, she's never freaked out on HM. The only ride she freaked out on so badly that I thought we'd need to exit early was Stitch when she was 5.

On HM, she just gets very quiet and spends most of the ride with her face in my chest and grips my arm / shirt. When she was 5 and 6, I don't think she saw any of the ride at all...but this past year at 7, she finally got up the nerve to peek a few times.

I was the same way when I was little, especially with SGE. That ride just screams anxiety. So much for making it more kid friendly then Extra TERRORestreial.

Sweet Melissa

Hah!

To be fair, I wanted to exit Stitch early too.

She sounds like me when I was young. I was a quiet, sensitive worrier too. But it was always arbitrary things that were more likely to scare me than the things that were "supposed" to be scary.

TylerFG

Original Poster

She sounds like me when I was young. I was a quiet, sensitive worrier too. But it was always arbitrary things that were more likely to scare me than the things that were "supposed" to be scary.

Fun Fact: I HATED that Donald animatronic at the end of Philarmagic when I was 8. It really surprised me/creeped me out, and I still never look at it whenever I go on it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I hear ya. The ending even creeped me out, and I'm a 16 year old boy.

No shame in that. I'm more than twice your age (not by much though) and it creeped me out, too!

I was the same way when I was little, especially with SGE. That ride just screams anxiety. So much for making it more kid friendly then Extra TERRORestreial.

Yeah, not what I expected. Even through both versions, I can't walk into that theater and not remember the old Mission to Mars attraction.

Stitch is her mother's favorite character, and through proxy, one of my kid's as well...so, every year it's the same thing. She insists we do it. At 5, I had no idea what to expect, or that she'd freak out. At age 6 and 7, I warned her repeatedly when she insisted we do it. But, I guess she forgot what was in store.

Each year she freaks out on it. Though, as she gets older, it's less and less an issue. That being said, I've never seen her laugh or even enjoy herself on Stitch. I think she just closes her eyes until it's all over! <grin>

englanddg

One Little Spark...

What I find amusing is that she has absolutely no issues with Tower of Terror, at any age, and will ride it repeatedly and with great enthusiasm!

TylerFG

Original Poster
Yeah, not what I expected. Even through both versions, I can't walk into that theater and not remember the old Mission to Mars attraction.

Stitch is her mother's favorite character, and through proxy, one of my kid's as well...so, every year it's the same thing. She insists we do it. At 5, I had no idea what to expect, or that she'd freak out. At age 6 and 7, I warned her repeatedly when she insisted we do it. But, I guess she forgot what was in store.

Each year she freaks out on it. Though, as she gets older, it's less and less an issue. That being said, I've never seen her laugh or even enjoy herself on Stitch. I think she just closes her eyes until it's all over! <grin>

Only did it once. I was 10 and I was litteraly a wreck on that ride. I'm surprised they didn't shut it off or try to get me out.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

I'd say that's a fair description of her personality. The only ride she's ever freaked out in queue on and we had to leave was Mummy at Universal. We made it almost to the inner turnstiles, and she had already had enough! I don't force her to go on rides she doesn't want to, so we went back. Funny, Mummy scared her to death (without even riding it), but she was deeply upset she couldn't get on Hulk or Rip Rocket because she was too short!

My kid is weird, but I love her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom