You think?

Rage1

You think WDW will ever have a Disney resort that allows pets to stay in room with guests. I like many people dont want to/cant put there dog into kennel for many reasons. For me it is cause mine doesn't get along well with alot of dogs she meets and I'm afraid of what might happen If the person that is there doesn't read her body language right or how she will be with nobody there at night.

danpam1024

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard that dogs don't have the same sense of time that we do. They don't really have a grip on the past and the future...they live in the moment. Doesn't mean they don't miss their owners, they do. And they can tell the difference if you've been gone ten days versus ten minutes. But maybe we feel the distance and time more than they do.
clearly you do not have a dog and went to the grocery store for 10 minutes :) They think you will NEVER return and are always so surprised when you do!

Upvote 0

Violet

clearly you do not have a dog and went to the grocery store for 10 minutes :) They think you will NEVER return and are always so surprised when you do!

I've had dogs for twenty years.

I didn't say this was absolutely true, just something I read and thought was interesting.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Don't get me wrong we totally miss our dogs when we are gone but it would not and should not ever happen. People are careless and thoughtless idiots by and large and would think nothing of leaving messes behind.

I picture a stark tile floor room with Tyvek sheets and smelling either like a bottle of bleach or the inside of a diaper genie. We truly wish we could bring our "kids" but knowing that not everyone would be anything close to considerate I do not see it happening. Buying a motorhome or travel trailer and going to Ft Wilderness is really the only solution to this problem IMO.

Plus the allergens. I love dogs but am allergic to them, even the "hypo-allergenic" breeds. If I stay in a room after a dog has been in it, it's a wheezin, sneezin' time for everyone. One other thing is that some dogs bark and that breaks up a good nap or nighttime sleep mode.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

They may not allow it, but I have seen people sneaking their pets out of their room at the Value Resorts in the early morning and late evening. They keep a 'Do Not Disturb' card on their door during the day.

THAT makes me angry! People think the rules don't apply to them. They are usually the people that let their dogs go everywhere and anywhere and do not clean up.

Plus the allergens. I love dogs but am allergic to them, even the "hypo-allergenic" breeds. If I stay in a room after a dog has been in it, it's a wheezin, sneezin' time for everyone. One other thing is that some dogs bark and that breaks up a good nap or nighttime sleep mode.

This! And considering that a lot of hotels are now providing "hypoallergenic" rooms, where is the upside of allowing animals?

Upvote 0

DJMoore2011

While I love my black lab, there is no way I am going to travel 2 days in a truck with him. He's much happier at the Kennel where he's walked 3 times a day, taken out for 1 on 1 play time 2 times a day and play time with other dogs once a day. Plus if we DID take him, all three of us would be worried about how bored he is in the hotel room and would cut our time short in the parks. It really would not be enjoyable for all of us. Add in he's gotten into the bad habit of barking at every little sound it would not be enjoyable for those in rooms next to us. It's really best for our family that our furbaby goes on his own vacation with a very great family that takes care of him.

Upvote 0

rob0519

You think WDW will ever have a Disney resort that allows pets to stay in room with guests. I like many people dont want to/cant put there dog into kennel for many reasons. For me it is cause mine doesn't get along well with alot of dogs she meets and I'm afraid of what might happen If the person that is there doesn't read her body language right or how she will be with nobody there at night.

I honestly never thought about this before, but my son may need to get a service dog in the next year or so. Will Disney allow them in the hotels? I suppose the answer is somewhere on their website.

Upvote 0

luv

THAT makes me angry! People think the rules don't apply to them. They are usually the people that let their dogs go everywhere and anywhere and do not clean up.

This! And considering that a lot of hotels are now providing "hypoallergenic" rooms, where is the upside of allowing animals?
Not all the rooms are pet rooms. :)

I have to stay in pet-friendly rooms when traveling with my cat. It's hard. I'm not very allergies to the cat, but am to most animals and those rooms kill me.

I don't go in until I'm ready to sleep and I take Zyrtec AND Benadryl before I even check in. Then I sleep, wake up miserable and take more Benadryl, wake up again, shower and get out.

I do not advise pet-friendly rooms for those with allergies. It's horrible.

But they are needed when you have to take a cat on the road.

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

I honestly never thought about this before, but my son may need to get a service dog in the next year or so. Will Disney allow them in the hotels? I suppose the answer is somewhere on their website.
Of course. There is a huge difference between a service dog and a dog that is just a pet. Service dogs are generally allowed wherever their person goes. It's the law.

Also, no I don't think a pet friendly hotel will ever happen nor do I think there should ever be one. I love dogs but to have them at Disney would be inappropriate. If you can't be without your animals for a few days then Disney isn't the right place for you.

Upvote 0

Rage1

Original Poster
Also, no I don't think a pet friendly hotel will ever happen nor do I think there should ever be one. I love dogs but to have them at Disney would be inappropriate. If you can't be without your animals for a few days then Disney isn't the right place for you.

Lol you try having a "Issue Dog" and then try trusting somebody that has never meet your dog to be able to read there body language properly. My dog can go from perfectly fine with a dog to at it throat in the blink of an eye and If you don't know what her tells are then it is all over except for the crying. As much as I love Disney she is the reason why I haven't gone in the last 2 years because of her issues. I could be like some people that buy there service dog vest and patches and stuff off ebay and just say she is but my dog and I are no more important that anybody else.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We used to have a dog with "issues." We typically boarded her with our vet as they were fully aware of her issues and her file and kennel markers were very clearly labeled for all of the techs. She was prone to dog on dog aggression as well as fear biting...but the vet was great with her. It was also the only way we could go away as I didn't trust having her around anyone or hiring a pet sitter.

Our current dog is far less of an issue, but I still stick with the one place we've come to trust. While she is jus wary of strangers and more aloof with unfamiliar people, she's also very high energy and after some of her more costly "antics" in our home- I could never bring her on vacay and trust her in a hotel room. I also know she gets more attention while we're on vacay by being in the boarding facility. i.e. they play with her several times a day, let her run, etc. which sounds far better than being cooped up in a room.

Ultimately, I think there are too many careless people and too many secondary issues with allergies, fleas, etc. for it to ever be permitted at WDW.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

I could be like some people that buy there service dog vest and patches and stuff off ebay and just say she is but my dog and I are no more important that anybody else.
So apparently WDW needs to start asking for documentation for this as well? So many people who are scum.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I doubt it. If you think of how people use and trash the rooms (a very new room at AOA already had stained carpet and green nail polish on the counter) and the grounds of the resorts, adding animals would be a whole other level of clean up that they would have to deal with. Also, who would walk the animals while you are away all day? I agree with @Pooh Lover that the thought of missing them trumps actually missing them. We talk about it each trip, and then realize we are doing this not because they want to go but that we want them to go. They are much happier and at peace in their own home.

Upvote 0

GSP Guy

Reading through this thread let me say I agree that dogs cannot be allowed at Disney because of irresponsible owners, allergy issues, etc. However, I cannot help but to point out that my dogs could go to Disney, visit the parks, stay at the resorts, and do far less damage and behave much better than many of the children that vist...LOL!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

What if these infiltrated the park along with their Brazillian human counterparts??????? Pixie dust armageddon!:eek:

220px-Fila_Brasileiro_%28dog%29.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fila_Brasileiro

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom