You think?

Rage1

You think WDW will ever have a Disney resort that allows pets to stay in room with guests. I like many people dont want to/cant put there dog into kennel for many reasons. For me it is cause mine doesn't get along well with alot of dogs she meets and I'm afraid of what might happen If the person that is there doesn't read her body language right or how she will be with nobody there at night.

Bowler Hat Girl

I doubt it will ever happen, but I know how you feel. My older dog bites when she's afraid (she's only 15 pounds, so not much harm done), plus she has seizures. Can you leave your dog with family or neighbors? Mine loves to vacation at "grandma's" when I'm in WDW!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

As a looong time professional in the dog business, I don't ever see that happening. Because of irresponsible pet owners. Years ago traveling around the country, most hotels allowed pets. Now there are a lot of pet friendly hotels but they are getting less and less in number. Some reoccurring issues: People dont clean up after their dogs, dogs are left in rooms and are destructive, or endlessly barking. Then there is the problem of dogs infesting rooms with fleas or ticks, or having the next guest with pet allergies to complain about room conditions. Then the liability of dogs getting into fights, biting guests etc.
Disney had kennels on property and now has Best Friends available for traveling pets. Less of a headache and problems for Resort managers to deal with.
A person with a disability, staying on Resort property however is allowed access, to have the service dog with them at all times, under the guidelines set up by the ADA law.

Upvote 0

mrdisman

You think WDW will ever have a Disney resort that allows pets to stay in room with guests. I like many people dont want to/cant put there dog into kennel for many reasons. For me it is cause mine doesn't get along well with alot of dogs she meets and I'm afraid of what might happen If the person that is there doesn't read her body language right or how she will be with nobody there at night.

chihauhua right? They have size issues

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I feel for ya. It's tough for me to leave our dog at boarding facilities, too. Family mostly aren't dog people or can't handle the responsibility. My little dog sleeps with me and is with people almost around the clock. I hate knowing she's not sleeping with a warm body or cuddled up next to someone all day. She does okay with other dogs as long as they're similar in size, temperament, and energy level as her. I call around and talk to boarding places. Go see them if you can. Dogs can stay segregated and you can opt for more people time. Nothing is ever as good as home but we can't stay home all the time either. Ya know?

Doubt Disney will ever do a pet/owner cohabitating situation on property. You could look for pet friendly off-property places. It's the irresponsible owners that ruin it for all, unfortunately. But it would be awesome to have rooms with appropriate critter theming, pet beds, built-in in-room kennels, etc. I'd love that!

Upvote 0

PREMiERdrum

For me it is cause mine doesn't get along well with alot of dogs she meets and I'm afraid of what might happen If the person that is there doesn't read her body language right or how she will be with nobody there at night.

Is your dog's screenname "Rage2"? ;)

I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, I don't think they'd even approach that issue unless they feel that they are losing business because of it... and even then, it's a stretch.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Don't get me wrong we totally miss our dogs when we are gone but it would not and should not ever happen. People are careless and thoughtless idiots by and large and would think nothing of leaving messes behind.

I picture a stark tile floor room with Tyvek sheets and smelling either like a bottle of bleach or the inside of a diaper genie. We truly wish we could bring our "kids" but knowing that not everyone would be anything close to considerate I do not see it happening. Buying a motorhome or travel trailer and going to Ft Wilderness is really the only solution to this problem IMO.

Upvote 0

Rage1

Original Poster
If only it was as easy as leaving her with the 'rents but she is a 100LB Rottweiler and while my parents love her if she was to ever decide she wanted the dog across the street my 60+ year old mom or father wouldn't stand a chance. Awell I guess off property it will have to be :mad:. And I gotta say I hate people who dont keep proper care of there animal in general as far as cleaning up after them and general upkeep of them. Dont even get me started on people who get dogs and then just give them up like they are nothing. My dog is a rescue and while she does have her issues a little work with her has done a ton.

Upvote 0

FabulousFigment

We only stay on property once every couple years. For the most part we stay in private villas off property and a lot of them are pet friendly. Our fur-babies appreciate it, as one of them was abandoned (we found him at a dog park) and he has issues when we go to the food store.. let alone on vacation!

Upvote 0

Violet

My dog has fear-based aggression towards other dogs and we kennel her at a Best Friends near our home. He doesn't "socialize" with the other dogs at the kennel when he is there, but he is absolutely fine with the workers and they love him there.

Anyway, if it is dog-dog aggression you are concerned about, that can be worked around at a kennel if you are honest with them. We have never had a problem.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

See if you know anyone who can watch the dog for you. I work from home and am practically the official dogsitter for my sister's office. It's rare that I don't have a dog here, and none of them are mine. None of them are people I knew before my sister hooked us up. Plus I like to think of it as the dog getting a vacation, too.

There are sites like rover.com where people offer dogsitting in their homes. Make sure you set up a playdate beforehand so you can all meet and you can make sure they and your dog get along.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I don't see it ever happening and, to tell you the truth, I think the thought of missing my animals is actually worse than how much I actually miss them. Once I'm out that front door and by the time I'm at the airport, I realize they are much better off being watched by "grandma" than if they were at WDW with us. If you had your pets at your hotel room, you would probably spend a good amount of time either thinking about them and or going back to the room to let them out (hopefully.) When I am at WDW, I want to enjoy every minute I paid for and spend that entire week in that Disney Bubble, not worrying that my dog is miserable back in an unfamiliar hotel room waiting for me.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

I don't see it ever happening and, to tell you the truth, I think the thought of missing my animals is actually worse than how much I actually miss them. Once I'm out that front door and by the time I'm at the airport, I realize they are much better off being watched by "grandma" than if they were at WDW with us. If you had your pets at your hotel room, you would probably spend a good amount of time either thinking about them and or going back to the room to let them out (hopefully.) When I am at WDW, I want to enjoy every minute I paid for and spend that entire week in that Disney Bubble, not worrying that my dog is miserable back in an unfamiliar hotel room waiting for me.
We stay at Uni a lot and they DO allow dogs there, but what a pain in the neck! As much as I love my fuzzbutts, when I'm on vacation, not worrying about their needs is part of the vacation! We have neighbors take care of ours and we take care of theirs when they are on vacation. We also have a beautiful boarding facility at our vet- all 3 dogs can stay in the same "villa" no cages.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom