You might be a redneck at WDW if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
whatever!

Surely, being from Texas, you can understand the dilemma of stereotypes.

The South has enough problems without people continuing to cast us all in the same unflattering light.

Although rednecks can be from anywhere, most people associate it from the South or the hills of the Rocky's.

The major news media does nothing but perpetuate this myth by only interviewing the most backwoods TPT when a major news story breaks out.

I would think think that the people of this board would have a little more respect and compassion than to continue this stereotype.

Why not have a thread mocking New Yorkers or bikers or gays or Jews or Italians or Mexicans or Californians?

I'm sure you can all come up with some good jokes at there expense.

trr1

you might be a Jewish-Italian gay New Yorker biker if...

Surely, being from Texas, you can understand the dilemma of stereotypes.

The South has enough problems without people continuing to cast us all in the same unflattering light.

Although rednecks can be from anywhere, most people associate it from the South or the hills of the Rocky's.

The major news media does nothing but perpetuate this myth by only interviewing the most backwoods TPT when a major news story breaks out.

I would think think that the people of this board would have a little more respect and compassion than to continue this stereotype.

Why not have a thread mocking New Yorkers or bikers or gays or Jews or Italians or Mexicans or Californians?

I'm sure you can all come up with some good jokes at there expense.

here you go unkadug :wave::animwink:
you can start it off

you might be a Jewish-Italian gay New York biker if...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
here you go unkadug :wave::animwink:
you can start it off

You might be a Jewish-Italian gay New York biker if...
Well...to start off with; you wouldn't be at WDW because you are too cheap, don't make enough money, too busy making sure you don't Clorox all your red shirts, too busy minding other people's business and can't speak English properly enough to make a reservation, too busy getting tattoos where the sun don't shine.

Did I leave anyone out?

Oh yeah...we forgot all about racial slurs.

ScorpionX

You might a redneck at Walt Disney World if...
...you think that Tom Sawyer Island should be in Tomorrowland.
...you consider Kilimanjaro Safaris to be Orlando's local deli.

dsnyfreak

your family takes up the entire country music section of the all star music resort because you cant live without your twangy music

you think aerosmith is really gonna ride with you on RNRC

you cant wait to see Richard Petty

the country bear jamboree reminds you of your in-laws

you took a greyhound

wvdisneyfamily

I'm glad so many of you find humor in ignorant stereotypes. I know some of this is in jest, but some of the posters are just being rude and malicious. Please use courtesy and tact.

Ralphlaw

If you thought Soarin' was how you felt after whuppin'

If you wondered why there ain't no moonshine still in Livin' With the Land.

If yer just not comfortable with that sophisticated stuff like Hoop De Doo Revue

If you thought The Beverly at Club Cool had something to do with "Hills that is, Swimmin' Pools, Movie Stars."

On a related note, you thought the California Grill was where Jed, Jethro, Elly May and Granny cooked possum outdoors.

On another related note, you refer to the resort pool as the "Ceement pond."

If the brown derby is what you wore to town to go courtin' for a sweetie.

If the Country Bears remind you of a family reunion.

If you hang out in the Canada Pavilion because the CMs in plaid shirts make you feel at home.

If you thought Saratoga Springs had something to do with the mattresses.

If seeing your hotel room's bathtub is disturbing because there ain't no Virgin Mary statue in it.

If Goofy makes you feel intellectually inferior.

Erika

I've known dozens of rednecks, none of them Southern, or from the mountains.

Unfortunately I think we've probably worn this one out. When the controversies and deleted posts are starting to overrun the jokes, it's time to shut 'er down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom