You might be a Disney Park snob if...

Crockett

Banned
In everything in life there is a top level, an ideal place where something or someone strives to attain, in which they are compared to. Disney is that place.
Very well said. If I had a standings for best park/park chains in the country, Disney would win hands-down.

1. Disney
2. Dollywood / Universal / IOA
3. Busch (Tampa) VA is n/a since I've never been
4. Sea World
5. Hershey, PA
6. Cedar Fair (Cedar Point, King's Island)
7. Knott's Berry Farm chain (Though didn't they buy C.Point?)
8. Six Flags

ECU_PIRATE

I'm a Disney Snob because every trip I've ever taken that hasn't been to WDW I've compared to Disney. Whether it be a cruise or Caribbean island or big beach house and no matter how great the trip was I can't help myself to think how much better spent the money would have if I had been at Disney.

I'd choose Pirates of the Caribbean over the real Caribbean any day.

disneyrcks

Just returned from a family trip to Tampa and found myself at every turn comparing BG to WDW. I missed how WDW makes sure you do not see grounds folks cutting grass or planting flowers while the park is open.

So, I admit...I compared everything to WDW, even the BG water park, Adventure Island, as well as the shows, which pail in comparison to WDW's.

So, you might be a Disney snob like me if you questions a theme parks theming and compare it to WDW at every turn...

I hope u at least enjoyed yourself!

I wear it like a badge of honor! I am a live-long SNOB!! :sohappy:

I am DVC and I go to Disney about every 4 months......I just don't compare it to things that are not supposed to be on the same level...I guess that is just me, I enjoy every time I travel, every place I go and everything I do( I went to the Central Park zoo, it is no Animal Kingdom whaa).....Yay go Snobs?

If you make baseless superficial comparisons.

I totally agree with this but I know people will always make comparisons no matter where they go....I am just sad to see so many people proud to be close minded or as u all call it "snobs".

tink729

I am definitely a Disney snob. I went to Sis Flags Great Adventure the other day and was constantly saying things like "Well, in Disney.." "Disney would never do this..." etc. It really goes to show how every little detail is taken into account to create an overall experience, and how most don't even notice these minute details until they are missing.

vinnya1726

For anyone that has ever been to Dutch Wonderland...
taking your child's picture next to Amish statues on a bench....right after taking their picture next to Goofy on MainStreet's bench...
or taking their picture with the Princess of Dutch Wonderland....after breakfast with the Princesses in The Castle!!!....
or speeding along at 1/4 mile an hour on Dragon's Lair after Kali River Rapids....
but I don't consider that snobby!! Disney's just superior!!

I love how they wish you a dutch wonderful day...come on..

erasure fan1

I think you are a Disney "snob" when, you are talking to anyone about anything Disney and all you keep doing is correcting them on everything. And through the whole conversation you are thinking, "man, dont you know anything, geeez!"

Of course I would never do something like that.

:lookaroun:

Crockett

Banned
I think one of my former co-workers was the hands-down ultimate Disney snob. So much, that her opinion of the movie Shrek changed from great to horrible after finding out it was Dreamworks, and not Disney/Pixar that produced it. :ROFLOL:

Her: "For me, it's a tie between Little Mermaid, Shrek, and Toy Story for best animated film all-time."
Me: "Umm, I agree, but Shrek was not a Disney film."
Her: "What? Isn't it Pixar?"
Me: "No. Toy Story is Pixar. Shrek is Dreamworks."
Her: "Well I didn't like Shrek anyway."

:ROFLOL: One of my favorite, most interesting Disney-related conversations ever.

EvilQueen-T

you may be a disney snob when someone else is washing your car and you worry more about them messing up the $5 evil queen silhouette license plate on the front of the car more than car itself.

Fantasmic

Im a Disney Snob because.... it annoys the hell out of me when people refer to Disney World as Disneyland.

This annoys me too...SO SO MUCH

I also get irritated when people confuse a love of Disney World for a love of all things Disney. Now don't get me wrong, I do love all things Disney but it's Disney World that my concentration of love stems from - if that makes sense. I'd rather have a Spaceship Earth shirt than one with Dopey on it. I'm more Disney World obsessed than Disney obsessed (like with the characters and such). I can't get this point across to my soon to be inlaws who buy me things like tinkerbell pj's for xmas and wonder why I need the reciept. :brick:

Agree, I'm much more of a parks fan rather than the whole film thing... even though I do love the films!

I think one of my former co-workers was the hands-down ultimate Disney snob. So much, that her opinion of the movie Shrek changed from great to horrible after finding out it was Dreamworks, and not Disney/Pixar that produced it. :ROFLOL:

Her: "For me, it's a tie between Little Mermaid, Shrek, and Toy Story for best animated film all-time."
Me: "Umm, I agree, but Shrek was not a Disney film."
Her: "What? Isn't it Pixar?"
Me: "No. Toy Story is Pixar. Shrek is Dreamworks."
Her: "Well I didn't like Shrek anyway."

:ROFLOL: One of my favorite, most interesting Disney-related conversations ever.

That's not snobbery, that's ignorance.

FOR ME. I hate it when people can't get the name of attractions right. :mad:

lilclerk

Your'e a Disney snob if.... you get angry when other guests don't know the name of EVERY attraction, and if people call Spaceship Earth "the golfball"

BTW, neither annoy me!!!

My boyfriend calls Spaceship Earth "The Epcot Center" just to annoy me :lol:

hevysrf

Are we Snobs?

It seems no matter where we plan on staying we always change the reservation to the Y&BCR. Stay outside the park? Heaven forbid. MartyD

powlessfamily4

I cringe everytime someone tells me what agreat time they had at a non-Disney theme park. I always think to myself "They have no clue what it could be like for them". I live a few miles from Six Flags over Atlanta - I never go. To me it is only a step above a local carnival. I admit I am a huge Disney snob and quite frankly don't care if people like it or not.

Crockett

Banned
That's not snobbery, that's ignorance.
True, but to think that an animated film is "one of the best of all-time" when thinking it was produced by Disney...to not liking it all (same exact film), when finding out it was produced by Dreamworks....that's a Disney fan that deserves a badge for loyalty. :ROFLOL:

mbisenius

I am definitely a Disney snob. I went to Sis Flags Great Adventure the other day and was constantly saying things like "Well, in Disney.." "Disney would never do this..." etc. It really goes to show how every little detail is taken into account to create an overall experience, and how most don't even notice these minute details until they are missing.

We went to a Six Flags and decided to go to the parade. We sat down about 30 minutes beforehand to beat the crowds......no crowds showed up, which made sense after seeing the parade was five vehicles and less than five minutes long.

katexo

Im definately a massive fan of Disney, and maybe a snob if were just talking about people who like wdw more than other parks. However, I used to work at a guest relations at a non wdw park and pretty much every day someone would come to complain about how it wasnt as good as Disney. These parks arent trying to be exact disney replicas, because if they were they wouldnt have much business. They definately take hints from disney but they have their own vibe. They do their thing, namely thrill rides, and when people complain to guest relations about it, they probably will just be annoyed.

Well with that out, I still love wdw WAY more than any other park :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom