You have to get rid of and remove/replace/renovate one ride/area in each park, what do you do?

Disstevefan1

I know there is no money to do any of this and they should just finish what they are currently doing, but:
  • In EPCOT, Build a proper Africa pavilion in the world showcase where the drums are now.
  • In EPCOT, Bring back the original imagination ride.
  • In EPCOT, using the Harmonious barges, create a new version of Illuminations using the original soundtrack.
  • Bring back the swan boats to the Magic Kingdom.
  • In DHS, somehow bring back the Osborne lights 😭
  • In Animal Kingdom, use the area that was Dino land and make a Lion King land.

vikescaper

1. EPCOT, I would restore SSE and Journey into Imagination back their former glory.
2. Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland would get a full makeover. Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress would get the proper updates they deserve and I would also add more scenes to the Peoplemover. I would also extend the Peoplemover to go through the Tron building. Buzz and the Laugh Floor would be replaced with Horizons 2.0. The Speedway would be updated with electric cars.
3. DHS, Animation Courtyard would be replaced with something but no clue what. I would also add a connection to Sunset Blvd.
4. Animal Kingdom, Dinoland would get a full refurbishment but the theme would remain. Dinosaur would get a full refurb and renamed back to Countdown to Extinction. I would also add a dinosaur themed omnimover ride in the Primeval Whirl space.

Magenta Panther

In DHS: Remove Muppetvision. That franchise is dead. Put a Roger Rabbit 3D movie in there instead. (Yeah, some might argue that HE'S dead. But I don't think he's dead, just dormant. He deserves better than to fade into oblivion).

In AK: Change Pandora into the Pride Lands or Jungle Book. You know, actual DISNEY creations.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIX THE DAMN YETI in Expedition Everest!

Magic Kingdom: Put more Pirates in it. A Pirates-themed restaurant, modeled after The Black Pearl, with actors portraying pirates and barkeeps and wenches, would be cool. Maybe convert Tom Sawyer Island into a Pirates theme. (Yes, I know Tom Sawyer Island is a classic, and that Walt designed it, but it's dated. Something fresh needs to go there).

In EPCOT: Redo that sorry Figment ride! Restore it to its original version, but plus it. And bring back Dreamfinder!

EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to gripe about the broken yeti for the umpteenth time. Weird.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland needs more to do. Gut the Princess Fairytale Hall and put a dark ride in that space, maybe a new version of Mr. Toad. Bulldoze the Speedway and build an Alice in Wonderland dark ride there.

EPCOT - Bring back the original Journey Into Imagination (obvious choice, I know).

Hollywood Studios - There's really no point to Animation Courtyard now that they've gotten rid of the Magic of Disney Animation, so how about turning it into Monstropolis? Move the Laugh Floor over to where the Little Mermaid is, build a fun dark ride in the Launch Bay space... dunno what could replace the Disney Junior Dance Party...

Animal Kingdom - Dino-Rama can go. Make a fun "prehistoric jungle" land to go with Dinosaur and the Boneyard.

UNCgolf

This one is easy. Demolish Toy Story Land in its entirety at DHS. They could replace it with another Toy Story Land -- just one that isn't so poorly designed. It's a wildly inefficient use of space and looks cheap; it's embarrassing in a Disney park.

At EPCOT... there are 9000 things they need to do, but the first thing on my list would be to eliminate Frozen Ever After and restore the Norway pavilion to an actual Norway pavilion instead of an Arendelle one. Obviously everyone wants Imagination fixed, but that's something they're going to be forced to do anyways.

Animal Kingdom needs expansions, but everything that's currently there is pretty good as-is with the exception of Dinorama. That's the only area that really needs a renovation.

Magic Kingdom -- bulldoze the Speedway and build something better there. My second choice would be to eliminate the Jungle Cruise to use that space for something else as well as open up easier access to the expansion pad.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Animal Kingdom: Get rid of Dinoland, restore Dinosaur to something approaching its original condition, and retheme the land to add at least 2 attractions celebrating ancient beasts -- a Land of Lost Creatures. To avoid being duplicative of Universal's Jurassic World E-tickets, the new attractions should explore something other than dinosaurs -- an ice-age launched coaster ride wending its way through mountain caves and featuring mammoths and mastadons and sabre-tooth tigers (the Matterhorn on steroids, really), a virtual submarine adventure with an attack by a megoladon, etc.

Hollywood Studios: Raze the Animation Courtyard area, and add attractions capitalizing on recent[ish] IPs: a screen-based Zootopia Transit Authority ride through the different lands, a Frozen bobsled ride (which would facilitate demolition of the boat ride in Epcot, and building of an actual Viking adventure ride there) or a dark ride through Coco's Land of the Dead to attend de la Cruz's party, an interactive walkthrough of the Encanto casita, anything...

EPCOT: Journey into Imagination -- restore the whole pavilion just as it used to be! It represented everything great about "old Disney," and was the perfect encapsulation of what EPCOT was supposed to be about.

Magic Kingdom: Burn Tomorrowland Speedway to the ground, but replace it with something truly "Tomorrow" that will appeal to the same crowd, like 2-person electric vehicles navigating through a fun, futuristic multi-level course with several different tracks and an automatic minimum speed (both to increase capacity), tunnels, and pop-up scenery -- like the love child of Mario Kart and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Last edited:

Hockey89

This one is easy. Demolish Toy Story Land in its entirety at DHS. They could replace it with another Toy Story Land -- just one that isn't so poorly designed. It's a wildly inefficient use of space and looks cheap; it's embarrassing in a Disney park.

At EPCOT... there are 9000 things they need to do, but the first thing on my list would be to eliminate Frozen Ever After and restore the Norway pavilion to an actual Norway pavilion instead of an Arendelle one. Obviously everyone wants Imagination fixed, but that's something they're going to be forced to do anyways.

Animal Kingdom needs expansions, but everything that's currently there is pretty good as-is with the exception of Dinorama. That's the only area that really needs a renovation.

Magic Kingdom -- bulldoze the Speedway and build something better there. My second choice would be to eliminate the Jungle Cruise to use that space for something else as well as open up easier access to the expansion pad.
They boned Toy Story Land so badly.... It's incredible how poorly they did with that land....

Smiley/OCD

In DHS: Remove Muppetvision. That franchise is dead. Put a Roger Rabbit 3D movie in there instead. (Yeah, some might argue that HE'S dead. But I don't think he's dead, just dormant. He deserves better than to fade into oblivion).

In AK: Change Pandora into the Pride Lands or Jungle Book. You know, actual DISNEY creations.

Magic Kingdom: Put more Pirates in it. A Pirates-themed restaurant, modeled after The Black Pearl, with actors portraying pirates and barkeeps and wenches, would be cool. Maybe convert Tom Sawyer Island into a Pirates theme. (Yes, I know Tom Sawyer Island is a classic, and that Walt designed it, but it's dated. Something fresh needs to go there).

In EPCOT: Redo that sorry Figment ride! Restore it to its original version, but plus it. And bring back Dreamfinder!
Maybe you can hire Judge Reinholt to reprise his role as the pirate restaurant employee from “Fast Times at Ridgemont High”…

Smiley/OCD

Ok, since we’re dreaming…show Chappie the door and bring Disney back to the way it was…hire a financial wizard AND a creative wizard, lock them in a room and not let them out to even go to the bathroom and be forced to eat QS meals until they agreed to work together…that might take a while…my creative guru choice would be to bring Joe Rhode back and have him work with Tony Baxter and allow them to get those creative juices going again…now that that’s done…my next hire would be a food guru to create 3 divisions…Table Service VP, Quick Service VP and a snack/kiosk VP…they will each have their marching orders to create their own identities in their divisions while having a few common dishes for picky children…but not the same Sysco cafeteria food at every location.
At MK, give CoP its proper refurb with a 21st century last scene…Elon Musk will be brought in to redo ALL the space rides, Space Mountain & Astro Orbiter to Space X and the speedway will have Tesla electric cars with that center rail gone giving the drivers a little more autonomy to drive…Buzz and Monsters Inc will get moved to their respective areas of HWD and Stitch will return in an updated attraction. Maybe a really good trip to mars attraction where Buzz was.

Tiki birds gets a return to its glory days along with CBJ…Aladdin gets moved into Fantasyland…Splash gets returned to its original glory with disclaimer signs to make it a TEACHING OPPORTUNITY. TSI ends, with a bayou land and Tiana will have a brand new land on the island with the riverboat permanently parked and converted into a NOLA Cajun themed restaurant…a permanent pedestrian bridge will be built to the island and large Airboats will give guests rides around the river…that will also open the back plot up for development and maybe a HM themes restaurant as well. That’s it for now at MK…

Eric Graham

Ok, since we’re dreaming…show Chappie the door and bring Disney back to the way it was…hire a financial wizard AND a creative wizard, lock them in a room and not let them out to even go to the bathroom and be forced to eat QS meals until they agreed to work together…that might take a while…my creative guru choice would be to bring Joe Rhode back and have him work with Tony Baxter and allow them to get those creative juices going again…now that that’s done…my next hire would be a food guru to create 3 divisions…Table Service VP, Quick Service VP and a snack/kiosk VP…they will each have their marching orders to create their own identities in their divisions while having a few common dishes for picky children…but not the same Sysco cafeteria food at every location.
At MK, give CoP its proper refurb with a 21st century last scene…Elon Musk will be brought in to redo ALL the space rides, Space Mountain & Astro Orbiter to Space X and the speedway will have Tesla electric cars with that center rail gone giving the drivers a little more autonomy to drive…Buzz and Monsters Inc will get moved to their respective areas of HWD and Stitch will return in an updated attraction. Maybe a really good trip to mars attraction where Buzz was.

Tiki birds gets a return to its glory days along with CBJ…Aladdin gets moved into Fantasyland…Splash gets returned to its original glory with disclaimer signs to make it a TEACHING OPPORTUNITY. TSI ends, with a bayou land and Tiana will have a brand new land on the island with the riverboat permanently parked and converted into a NOLA Cajun themed restaurant…a permanent pedestrian bridge will be built to the island and large Airboats will give guests rides around the river…that will also open the back plot up for development and maybe a HM themes restaurant as well. That’s it for now at MK…

Smiley/OCD

Epcot: Figment gets his respect and is completely returned to its glory…Soarin’ gets the California version in 1 theater and ATW in the other 2…Harmonious is shown the door and a new nighttime show will be created…in WS, Mexico will get Coco, Germany will get its original water ride, Japan will get its Mt. Fuji coaster and plans will be fast tracked to develop the pads in WS for additional countries.
M:S will also have a Space-X redo and Test Track will combine the elements from both versions to an awesome attraction.

AK: I don’t care if I have to make a hole in the side of EE, but Joe is getting his Yeti fixed ONCE AND FOR ALL…After much thought, Dinosaur will stay, refurbed and EVERY DINOSAUR WILL WORK!
Dinoland will be leveled and the best aspects of Beastly Kingdom will create a whole new land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom