You guys make me weak!

Britt

I've resigned myself to NOT having another trip until 2014! NOT. Im telling you....lol

And then I spend more time on here then usual and here I am, pricing out trips for Sept of this year going "WE COULD TOTALLY DO THIS". waving away the little voice in my head reminding me of our plans to become 100% debt free this year (mostly paying off the car and my student loans, as we have no credit cards).

*sigh* Hopefully its better then ever in 2014!

How soon is your next trip??

donaldtoo

DW and myself took a "childless" trip back in Dec. of '08 for our 20th wedding anniversary, and although we love our kiddos dearly, we did not miss them so much...on that particular trip. :cool: ;)

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
DW and myself took a "childless" trip back in Dec. of '08 for our 20th wedding anniversary, and although we love our kiddos dearly, we did not miss them so much...on that particular trip. :cool: ;)
Right?? That's my plan too!!

We'll take them again when our 2 year old is older, but for now, I'm going to skip into the sunset! Haha

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I hear ya. We just returned from Disney and I want to go back already. We have a family trip planned to the Grand Canyon and other National Parks for next summer, so no Disney next year. The following March 2014 we have to go to FL for a family Bar Mitzvah, and I'm desparately trying to figure out how I can turn that into a Disney trip even though the kids will be in school at that time, and DS will be in 10th grade at that point which is a tough year to miss school. I've never had a problem pulling the kids out for 2 or 3 days, but it would have to be a full week in order to fit in Disney with the family stuff. I don't think I can do that which means when the heck am I getting back to Disney?!?!?!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I refuse to look at this place unless I have a trip booked, haha, because otherwise I'd be swayed and end up booking one! I've been a member since 2003 but I am only ever active before my trips. :)

Upvote 0

dave&di

We normally go to WDW every 2 years but each time we leave the 2 year gap becomes more hideous! It's a really depressing wait. We have always stayed at Deluxe resorts but we have realised we could go yearly if we go Moderate instead!

So since returning from our stay at the WL in Sept we have booked at the POFQ for next September! Our next trip was supposed to be 2014! The only downside is not being able to stay at the WL anymore as we will continue to go yearly at a Moderate rather than 2 years at a Deluxe.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

You and your wife can join us! Leave all the kiddies at home and you'll see!!! Haha
You know, maybe it's just me.When I was married to my first wife for 16 years,we could not have my children,I just took it for granted it was meant to be.But when I remarried to my much younger wife to be,and she gave birth to my son,it was the last child in my family history,Jesus,this is getting serious.No matter where we go on holiday,my son goes with us.:)

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Whit!:eek: What are you parents all about.?

Oh come on Hatter. I love my kids more than anything but.....just the thought of a vaca with no fighting, no whinning, being able to do what i would like rather than put my needs second to make the kids happy. Now that sounds like a vacation. Haven't been on a trip for more than 2 days with the DH in 18 years. So Yea a kidless trip sounds a little nice.

You've got to understand that just a little bit.....right?

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
You know, maybe it's just me.When I was married to my first wife for 16 years,we could not have my children,I just took it for granted it was meant to be.But when I remarried to my much younger wife to be,and she gave birth to my son,it was the last child in my family history,Jesus,this is getting serious.No matter where we go on holiday,my son goes with us.:)
I never take my babes for granted, we almost lost my youngest when he was in the NICU (he was there for 3 months). I live everyday of my life, devoted to their needs, their wants and desires. I stay home instead of working, so they come home to a clean home, a made from scratch meal and a warm embrace after school!

I think it's ok to want to spend some time devoting some of that time with just my husband. He works full time, he goes to school full time, and he's an excellent father. We don't get a lot of alone time, together, so a few days in one of the most magical places on earth with just him, sounds amazing!! :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Oh come on Hatter. I love my kids more than anything but.....just the thought of a vaca with no fighting, no whinning, being able to do what i would like rather than put my needs second to make the kids happy. Now that sounds like a vacation. Haven't been on a trip for more than 2 days with the DH in 18 years. So Yea a kidless trip sounds a little nice.

Ok,I'm thinking I maybe a lucky son of a gun.My sister in law in Los Angeles has two boys, 10 and 14, and both get away with murder,( I mean things I wouldn't let my son do ) But then we've only got one,so maybe two is more than we could cope.Anyway I still wouldn't consider a vacation without him.He's my best pal & buddy in the world.;)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

I never take my babes for granted, we almost lost my youngest when he was in the NICU (he was there for 3 months). I live everyday of my life, devoted to their needs, their wants and desires. I stay home instead of working, so they come home to a clean home, a made from scratch meal and a warm embrace after school!

I think it's ok to want to spend some time devoting some of that time with just my husband. He works full time, he goes to school full time, and he's an excellent father. We don't get a lot of alone time, together, so a few days in one of the most magical places on earth with just him, sounds amazing!! :)
. See what I mean..I now understand your feelings.Thanks for explaining your innermost thoughts,I appreciate that.Hope you don't think I was coming down on you.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We took two trips to WDW this year with the second not planned out a year ahead like most. We are going to DL in June but that SWW info coming out and me not bein there is working on me. I have Boy Scout National Janboree in Juky next year so maybe a Halloween 2013 trip to WDW. I've never done the Halloween Party. Enjoy your trip Britt!!

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

I think the issue here may be that the Hatter only has one kiddo.
What was it that Bill Cosby said about that...? ;)

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

Ok,I'm thinking I maybe a lucky son of a gun.My sister in law in Los Angeles has two boys, 10 and 14, and both get away with murder,( I mean things I wouldn't let my son do ) But then we've only got one,so maybe two is more than we could cope.Anyway I still wouldn't consider a vacation without him.He's my best pal & buddy in the world.;)

After I posted that, I just saw this.
We have 3 (2 DD's with a DS in the middle - 18, 20 and 21 now) that are 3 years and 2 months apart. When they were little it was like trying (and, I STRESS trying ;)) to herd cats. :confused: But, they are great kiddos and know that they are loved dearly!
Very cool about you and your son, and you sound like a good pop. :)

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Hatter I'm sure would do great with more than one you sound like a great father. I wouldn't trade my three for anything. My boy is a delight....it's those two teenage girls that keep me on my toes. ;) Actually Disney is the one place where they get along.

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

Wow!
A lot of that sounds VERY familiar...
Our DS was 1lb. 4oz. when he was born and spent 4 and 1/2 months in the NICU.
He has some issues, but overall things turned out A LOT better than we were initially told they would by the "experts".
We can't imagine our lives without any one of our 3 kiddos! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom