You get to make a Magic Kingdom ride and resturant.

jiminy.cricket

That sounds like an awesome villains attraction! The only issues I can see would be space, funding, and I think some cultures would not enjoy being swallowed by a crocodile as it could be seen as a sign of bad luck. 10/10!

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Here's one...

Ride: Alice in Wonderland

The ride would take place in the old skyway building in Fantasyland.

It would be a dark ride that also takes you outside temporarily. Very similar to the one in DL.

Restaurant: Madhatters Tea Co.

A basic tea stand sort of like the restuarant next to the Snow White store.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
That sounds like an awesome villains attraction! The only issues I can see would be space, funding, and I think some cultures would not enjoy being swallowed by a crocodile as it could be seen as a sign of bad luck. 10/10!

Lol. Not only just cultures, but I think being swallowed by an alligator by the least bit, results in some form of bad luck! Anyway, it just adds good transition into the sea.

And great job with Alice Oriole! 10/10

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Lol. Not only just cultures, but I think being swallowed by an alligator by the least bit, results in some form of bad luck! Anyway, it just adds good transition into the sea.

And great job with Alice Oriole! 10/10

Thanks I really miss Skyway:(:cry: Sorry...nothing to see here.:cry:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I always fancied a dark water ride based on Scottish mythical creatures, like Nessie, the haggis and the like, lots of dry ice and smells of heather.

As for the restaurant, we would avoid Scottish tradition of deep frying everything from pizza to Mars bars, and stick with a table service venue themed to the hunting lodge style and serving salmon, venison, etc.

8/10

Good idea! I'm not sure I get the whole Mexican thing. Also I'm not sure I get the whole plot of the ride and also please explain more on how this would work, would it be like Primeval Whirl or more like RRC?

Yeah, I suppose the Mexican wouldn't really fit.

Plot: The basic plot of the ride would be an earthquake cracks open the Money Bin sending Scrooge's cash down into the caverns. Guests must board mine cars to enter the caverns, find the cash, and escape the Terry Firmies who caused the quake.

For the comic that I'm basing the ride on go here: http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Barks/1956/landbtg/Thumbnails.html

There's probably a Youtube video on the DuckTales version - just search for the episode called "Earthquack."

Ride system: The ride mechanics would probably be like a cross between Primeval Whirl and Big Thunder, with a least one upside down loop (just like in this page of the comic: http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Barks/1956/landbtg/USAdventures_28-L11.html - The mine car scene from "Temple of Doom" also comes to mind when designing this.

Also, the Fire Mountain idea sounds pretty sweet - 10/10. I especially like how the restaurant would be situated with it. I'll give the Villains ride a 7/10 - neat idea but it loses points for carrying too many similarities to Fantasmic. I'll give the National Treasure ride a 6/10 - it loses points because I'd rather have an Indy ride. The Scottish Nessie ride could easily go into the old 20k Leagues area (that is if they dig it up and fill it up with water again) - 9/10.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Yeah, I suppose the Mexican wouldn't really fit.

Plot: The basic plot of the ride would be an earthquake cracks open the Money Bin sending Scrooge's cash down into the caverns. Guests must board mine cars to enter the caverns, find the cash, and escape the Terry Firmies who caused the quake.

For the comic that I'm basing the ride on go here: http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Barks/1956/landbtg/Thumbnails.html

There's probably a Youtube video on the DuckTales version - just search for the episode called "Earthquack."

Ride system: The ride mechanics would probably be like a cross between Primeval Whirl and Big Thunder, with a least one upside down loop (just like in this page of the comic: http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Barks/1956/landbtg/USAdventures_28-L11.html - The mine car scene from "Temple of Doom" also comes to mind when designing this.

Also, the Fire Mountain idea sounds pretty sweet - 10/10. I especially like how the restaurant would be situated with it. I'll give the Villains ride a 7/10 - neat idea but it loses points for carrying too many similarities to Fantasmic. I'll give the National Treasure ride a 6/10 - it loses points because I'd rather have an Indy ride. The Scottish Nessie ride could easily go into the old 20k Leagues area (that is if they dig it up and fill it up with water again) - 9/10.

Thanks, let's keep this baby rollin fellas!

The Empress Lilly

Ride: DuckTales/Duckburg mine car roller coaster

- The building housing the ride would be Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin. The mine cars would careen through underground caverns in the land of the Terry Firmies trying to locate Scrooge's lost money, which was sucked underground by an earthquake. (Just like in the Carl Barks comic "Land Beneath the Ground" or the DuckTales episode "Earthquack). Animatronic figures of the Ducks and the Terry Firmies would also be part of the ride. Before going on the ride, guests would weave through the queue line inside the Money Bin.

Restuarant: Duckburg Diner - Basic fare plus Mexican (because there are so little Mexican places at WDW). Also have some really cheap menu items to compliment Scrooge's stinginess. And have ice cream sodas (as they are Donald's favorite treat in the comics).

The ride and restaurant would either go in at Toontown Fair, or a whole new "Duckburg" land would be created near Toontown. (put it in the vast land where 20k Leagues once was).
I'll give you 10/10 for Carl Barks and Duckburg! :sohappy:

Now there's some underutilised Disney property and characters. I've been praying forever for anything Barks-inspired in the parks. Have loved it ever since I was a young child.

Keyda

The attraction:

Inverted dark Alice and wonderland coaster through her trip down the rabbit hole. You would start out in the sunny outdoors when that silly White Rabbit shows up and next thing you have fallen down the rabbit hole. Not necessary a fast coaster but something that is suspended so you feel like you are falling or floating. Haven't figured out the ride mechanics yet. Then a trip through Wonderland including a splash from crying too much and through the door, a run in with the Cheshire cat, the Queen of hearts, a mushroom experience with the Caterpiler where when you eat the mushroom you blast straight up and have to pretend you are a raven or serpent depending on the version.

The Dining Experience:

Hmmm Magic mushrooms anyone. No seriously

Theme: You are at the bottom of the rabbit hole with Doorknob (he may need to talk) after you shrink. Everything is huge...including the portions. Now let's see what would you eat in Wonderland?

Let see Oysters, Lobster and other seafood encountered at the Caucus Race, all types of dessert served with Jam for dessert, tarts from the Queen of Hearts castle and definately mushrooms.

Desperad07

The Attraction:
Virtual Disney (tentative) - A mid-sized complex, like Innoventions in Disneyland or DisneyQuest, where guests are able to revisit old attractions that have since been removed. Utilizing a state of the art combination of old film and computer graphics, a guest can take a trip on Horizons and World of Motion, revisit Tomorrowland of the 80s, or go 20,000 leagues under the sea again. Using immersive, 3-D technology and environmental assistance (like the smell of oranges in Horizons), you'll get to enjoy the entire experience, from that first entry to loitering in the gift shop after (all without lines). Outside of the "pods" that take you to the past there will be information on the history of the attraction and the Disneyfied reason why it's no longer there. Guests will even receive a special guide map from the attraction's heyday!

The Restaurant:

A special designed restaurant where guests can help create their own menu and enjoy retro prices!! Also, each booth area utilizes special technology to provide a seemingly-live window view overlooking a past attraction. Utilizing special technology, the guests will also enjoy entertainment in connection with that attraction's heyday. No Segway scooters will motor past Horizons, but you might catch a glimpse of knee-high socks and high hair! The restaurant would be equipped with decor from past closed-down restaurants.

realtaffy

Here's my idea. Hope you like it.

Attaction:
Night on Bald Mountain rollercoaster

It would be an inclosed structure, where the coaster would go up round the Mountain in the center. The ghosts, demons, goblins would be projected around the perimeter projection walls, as you reach the top Chernabog the demon rises from the mountain as a 3d character that tries to grab the coaster riders. The coaster then goes in reverse to escape Chernabog down a different track and finally ends up at the interior of the themed restaurant.

Chernabog's Cavern
It would have projections of ghosts, demons and goblins in a cave like atmosphere. Where there are flames and volcanos in the distance and Chernabogs glowing eyes looking over the scene playing with his creations.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The Attraction:
Virtual Disney (tentative) - A mid-sized complex, like Innoventions in Disneyland or DisneyQuest, where guests are able to revisit old attractions that have since been removed. Utilizing a state of the art combination of old film and computer graphics, a guest can take a trip on Horizons and World of Motion, revisit Tomorrowland of the 80s, or go 20,000 leagues under the sea again. Using immersive, 3-D technology and environmental assistance (like the smell of oranges in Horizons), you'll get to enjoy the entire experience, from that first entry to loitering in the gift shop after (all without lines). Outside of the "pods" that take you to the past there will be information on the history of the attraction and the Disneyfied reason why it's no longer there. Guests will even receive a special guide map from the attraction's heyday!

The Restaurant:

A special designed restaurant where guests can help create their own menu and enjoy retro prices!! Also, each booth area utilizes special technology to provide a seemingly-live window view overlooking a past attraction. Utilizing special technology, the guests will also enjoy entertainment in connection with that attraction's heyday. No Segway scooters will motor past Horizons, but you might catch a glimpse of knee-high socks and high hair! The restaurant would be equipped with decor from past closed-down restaurants.

FanTAStic! :sohappy:

Love every part of this idea.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
The Attraction:

The Restaurant:

Awww you beat me to it!

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Here's my idea. Hope you like it.

Attaction:
Night on Bald Mountain rollercoaster

It would be an inclosed structure, where the coaster would go up round the Mountain in the center. The ghosts, demons, goblins would be projected around the perimeter projection walls, as you reach the top Chernabog the demon rises from the mountain as a 3d character that tries to grab the coaster riders. The coaster then goes in reverse to escape Chernabog down a different track and finally ends up at the interior of the themed restaurant.

Chernabog's Cavern
It would have projections of ghosts, demons and goblins in a cave like atmosphere. Where there are flames and volcanos in the distance and Chernabogs glowing eyes looking over the scene playing with his creations.

10/10

Looks good!

May you please explain more in-depth of how this would work?

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Ride: Thumper's Hoppin Coaster

A kiddie coaster that has a car that bounces up and down as your ridding (similar to Winnie the Pooh). To be placed where Pooh's playland is now.

Resturant: Thumper's carrot garden

A small stand that has things such as those small bowls filled with carrots, also you can get ones with watermelon and other fruits also. Perfect for a healthy snack.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I've always wanted to see a House of Mouse restaurant open in MK in the Toon Town Fair section. Much like the cartoon, guests would sit facing a stage where AA's would come out to introduce classic Disney Cartoons and such.

No clue about a ride though.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
I've always wanted to see a House of Mouse restaurant open in MK in the Toon Town Fair section. Much like the cartoon, guests would sit facing a stage where AA's would come out to introduce classic Disney Cartoons and such.

No clue about a ride though.

Yah very cool, come up with a good ride and you get a 10

(it doesn't have to be about the ride you know that right?)

NiarrNDisney

I just joined and for one of my first posts I decided this subject matter to be right up my alley since I’m a Dreamer. So enjoy the ride idea sorry its so long and detailed I’m just very excited.

Muppets Studio Tour

Location: DHS, in the Streets of America between Al’s Toy Barn and Muppet Vision 3-D

The ride is a Flume raft ride like Jurassic Park River Adventure in IOA. It is housed in a studio like the other attractions in DHS , but will be front faced to look like a building maybe even like the Happiness Hotel (The Great Muppet Caper) with the hole in it from the Taxi.
Muppets studio tour will take you through the wild and crazy world of the Muppets. A journey along side Kermit and Friends bringing you through scenes from their very popular movies such as The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and of coarse Muppets take Manhattan. As the ride comes to its wet end Gonzo pops out with his camera snapping a picture of you and your family for that keepsake photo as you plummet 80 ft. getting you and the audience below soaked on your way down.
Story: While waiting in the queue area the story begins, you are touring the Jim Henson Studios while filming is in the progress of Muppets Treasure Island. During your wait you will watch “bloopers” of the Muppet show and over hear things that are going on in the sound stage beyond. Like how Miss Piggy is tired after shooting A scene, and has retired to her dressing room in the soundstage that you are about to tour. She was running herself a bath and was interrupted and told to come back to the set. In one of her famous fits she leaves the bath running which mixed with the sets water, floods the soundstage. Kermit decides its ok to take the prop boats as a tour vehicle (your raft) that you will now board and float around old sets and other projects the Muppets are working on. Eventually the tour nears the top of the soundstage and the only way out is through a large window that looks over the rest of the studio (DHS) while you go crashing through the window Gonzo snaps a photo to use for the lot news paper and you end up soaked on the cover. Then you will return to the studio through the Taxis hole where you can meet some of the Charecters.
Why the Muppets: The 3-D show is just not enough, especially for a Muppets fan. With the show the gift shop and this dreamed ride I feel the beloved characters will have more validity in the park and give them a “land” (Pixar Place) so to speak. Maybe they could call it Jim Henson Studio Lot, giving them abilities for future projects as more movies are produced by his company. Also it will give another destination to the Streets of America and another E-ticket ride to DHS. I know a water ride would also be appreciated in the hot days and Muppet fans, adults and kids will all enjoy this silly, fun ride.
Restaurant: Since it doesn’t have to be connected to the ride, how about an Asian themed restaurant located in the “Little China” area of San Francisco street.

Mimi

I have posted my thoughts on this previously, so please forgive if you have read it before.

I think the park is SORELY in need of an attraction based on Sleeping Beauty. What an amazing movie and the attraction possibilities are endless!! Maybe the possibilities are too endless for Disney imagineers, I don't know, but I can think of nothing in WDW with SB as a theme. There are snippets, like Maleficent as a dragon in Fantasmic, but nothing significant.

I could come up with a plethora of ways to use this movie theme for a major attraction, but I'll leave that to the imagineers, if they ever feel up to the task.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom