YOU fix Tomorrowland/Fantasyland

Phroobar

Give me a Tron show with animatronic Jeff Bridges. He can teach us about the human body’s digestive system and what it’s like to be a piece of food in a theater system like Universe of Energy. The only catch? This isn’t Kevin Flynn. This is Kevin Flynn, Obidiah Stan, The Dude, the character from that one movie where he was a cop killing aliens, Jeff Bridges from King Kong (just to really **** Universal off) and just Jeff Bridges playing Walt Disney. The future, today. Disney style.

Who doesn’t want a mix of Tron and Wonders of Life? It would make our friends in Florida so envious.

I didn’t realize how much I wanted a new Adventure Thru Inner Space narrated by Jeff Bridges until right now.
tumblr_lsioa0kxhb1qkqkhko1_500.gif

britain

Original Poster
Alright here's my proposal then.

If Buzz and Star Tours were actually being Marvel-ized and moved to DCA, we really have everything from Small World to Matterhorn to Space Mountain as available space to work with.

I recommend a sincerely forward thinking Tomorrowland aesthetic (Shanghai-style), but I'm realistic about what could really be greenlit and what wouldn't. (Heck, I even included a DVC booth - I'm really trying to be realistic here.)

Emphasis would be on how beautiful, clean, and energetic the future will be. I'd try to recreate the kinetic energy of the TL'67 world on the move by relocating Autopia to Star Tours / StarCade. The Autopia track would be lower than ground level, providing movement, and pleasant electric hums around the manicured greenery for guests to look down at.

The rockets (now Shanghai's Jet Packs) would go back up to a higher level, but not where they used to be in the center of the land. Instead they clear out of the bottle necked entrance, and take over Pixie Hollow.

The swooping track of the Tron Lightcycle Run would accomplish what Rocket Rods attempted to do: Provide views of a fast thrill zipping by in Tomorrowland. The Tron canopy would double as cover for Tomorrowland Terrace, but since rain is not too bad of an issue in CA, the Lightcycles come out for a quick loop around the new Star Trader shop (now where Circle-Vision's theater used to be).

Crossing over the Autopia track and elsewhere in Tomorrowland are glass bridges with illuminated circuitry within them. They represent the bridges of communication that makes the future bright and optimistic. (Not bad, eh?)

Clearing out the Magic Eye Theater space in front of Space Mountain, I'd install some white crystalline walls to give the impression that the 'spokes' of Space Mt. are extending down to ground level. The new Space Restaurant from Epcot would replace Redd Rockets. I've provided some sincere science exhibit space at the exit for Tron. Oh, and there's good old leapfrog fountains from Journey into Imagination.

Trying to think logically about what to do with this space, I figured Ops would like to replace the Subs. If so, I think a bone that could be thrown to placate the fans would be to bring Paris' Nautilus walkthrough at the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland transition area.

If the next Avatar film (from Fox, remember!) does well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flight of Passage added to Anaheim, here renamed "Flight of Passage to Pandora" since in this version, you aren't IN Pandora, you are just remote controlling an Avatar from Earth.

Arendale would not only have the new/best Frozen flume ride using Shanghai Pirate tech, but the Shanghai rope course would be adapted to icy mountain climbing at Kristoff's Mountaineering Rope Course.

This design could be reworked to give the monorail a view of Arendale, but I don't think I want to see the monorail while IN Arendale, so I've put the track through a tunnel. The monorail guests could have a little peek at the rope course guests inside some icy caves.

Arendale would also have a restaurant on the second story above the shops, providing good views of the fireworks at night, and of the nightly renactment of Elsa's growing her castle out of the snow (a little projection show similar to Carsland's nightly neon light kickoff).

Whaddya think, sirs?

1532474647504.png

mickEblu

Alright here's my proposal then.

If Buzz and Star Tours were actually being Marvel-ized and moved to DCA, we really have everything from Small World to Matterhorn to Space Mountain as available space to work with.

I recommend a sincerely forward thinking Tomorrowland aesthetic (Shanghai-style), but I'm realistic about what could really be greenlit and what wouldn't. (Heck, I even included a DVC booth - I'm really trying to be realistic here.)

Emphasis would be on how beautiful, clean, and energetic the future will be. I'd try to recreate the kinetic energy of the TL'67 world on the move by relocating Autopia to Star Tours / StarCade. The Autopia track would be lower than ground level, providing movement, and pleasant electric hums around the manicured greenery for guests to look down at.

The rockets (now Shanghai's Jet Packs) would go back up to a higher level, but not where they used to be in the center of the land. Instead they clear out of the bottle necked entrance, and take over Pixie Hollow.

The swooping track of the Tron Lightcycle Run would accomplish what Rocket Rods attempted to do: Provide views of a fast thrill zipping by in Tomorrowland. The Tron canopy would double as cover for Tomorrowland Terrace, but since rain is not too bad of an issue in CA, the Lightcycles come out for a quick loop around the new Star Trader shop (now where Circle-Vision's theater used to be).

Crossing over the Autopia track and elsewhere in Tomorrowland are glass bridges with illuminated circuitry within them. They represent the bridges of communication that makes the future bright and optimistic. (Not bad, eh?)

Clearing out the Magic Eye Theater space in front of Space Mountain, I'd install some white crystalline walls to give the impression that the 'spokes' of Space Mt. are extending down to ground level. The new Space Restaurant from Epcot would replace Redd Rockets. I've provided some sincere science exhibit space at the exit for Tron. Oh, and there's good old leapfrog fountains from Journey into Imagination.

Trying to think logically about what to do with this space, I figured Ops would like to replace the Subs. If so, I think a bone that could be thrown to placate the fans would be to bring Paris' Nautilus walkthrough at the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland transition area.

If the next Avatar film (from Fox, remember!) does well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flight of Passage added to Anaheim, here renamed "Flight of Passage to Pandora" since in this version, you aren't IN Pandora, you are just remote controlling an Avatar from Earth.

Arendale would not only have the new/best Frozen flume ride using Shanghai Pirate tech, but the Shanghai rope course would be adapted to icy mountain climbing at Kristoff's Mountaineering Rope Course.

This design could be reworked to give the monorail a view of Arendale, but I don't think I want to see the monorail while IN Arendale, so I've put the track through a tunnel. The monorail guests could have a little peek at the rope course guests inside some icy caves.

Arendale would also have a restaurant on the second story above the shops, providing good views of the fireworks at night, and of the nightly renactment of Elsa's growing her castle out of the snow (a little projection show similar to Carsland's nightly neon light kickoff).

Whaddya think, sirs?

View attachment 298412

Impressive layout! I’m on board with mostly everything except the jet pack spinner and FOP. Not only does a spinner not say Tomorrow but the location would still be seen from the hub. I would swap out FOP for a BATB ride/ restaurant and maybe another FL dark ride. I’d also try to get at least one dark ride in TL. I’m left thinking we re not getting enough rides in TL. The park would be losing capacity.

I really like what you did with the Frozen area but I can’t see them doing the rope course stateside. Good idea though.

Last edited:

yeti

- A remake of World of Motion using the Peoplemover track with recreations of the original's dark ride scenes in the indoor portions. Reuse the old Peoplemover loading platform.

- Bring Astro Orbitor home only retheme it with the Jet Packs variant from Shanghai Disneyland.

- A new, original E Ticket replacing Launch Bay, with the building extended behind toward the railroad. Adventures in Cyberspace maybe? Some futuristic omnimover with state of the art special effects.

- Leave Buzz, leave Star Tours. Maybe even leave the Subs and Autopia...for now.

BrianLo

For some reason I thought the astro orbiters were on that big platform in front of Space Mountain. What's the purpose of that? The queue doesn't really make use of the actual front non-shaded portion.

I'd be totally cool for the jet packs to go there right infront of Space.

The_Mesh_Hatter

For some reason I thought the astro orbiters were on that big platform in front of Space Mountain. What's the purpose of that? The queue doesn't really make use of the actual front non-shaded portion.

I'd be totally cool for the jet packs to go there right infront of Space.

The purpose of that is to provide a roof to the theater underneath. It was originally open to the sky before renovated into a 3D theater. The roof is apparently only a roof, not sound enough for tons of guests

Phroobar

I miss seeing Magic Journeys in 3D at night outside at the Space Mountain theater. It was like a drive in. That was before Captain EO built an enclosed theater there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom