Trip Report You don't have to tell me twice to book a trip to Disney!!

As soon as the Labor Day week special was announced I saw it on Facebook and tagged my husband. He said...book it! So of course I booked it, you don't have to tell me twice to book a Disney trip. It will be my husband (B) and myself (Dory) currently booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort from Sept. 3-8th, 2018. I'll post more details and pics later.

Dory71

Original Poster
We really did not have set plans for this trip. We have been to WDW many times so we didn’t need to see everything this trip. My brother and sister in law picked us up since they had driven and we went off to mass in Celebration, FL. After mass we headed to Disney Springs for our lunch reservation at Homecoming. We had never eaten here before. My sister in law had his famous fried chicken, brother in law had the grouper, hubby had the chicken sandwich and I had the fried chicken salad. We all enjoyed our meals and would definitely come back. As a matter a fact we probably will because our picky eater daughter would eat a few things on his menu. Next we decided to drive over to Hollywood Studios.
6974C8EE-0E0D-4DD9-9D95-A4235B77675C.jpeg
69A9B14F-773F-4CDE-8091-B14429874BAD.jpeg

Dory71

Original Poster
It’s a wonderful thing when you find your receipts from the trip and it helps put the trip timeline back in my mind. We did not stay at HS very long. We really just wanted to catch a peek at the new Toy Story Land. We didn’t have FP’s so we didn’t ride anything.
02F0492B-30BB-4703-BDC5-434FC92122F0.jpeg
DE31E57E-926D-4C99-8F2A-D092AC75B032.jpeg

Dory71

Original Poster
So who took the picture of you taking a selfie???

and did you ask them to take it???

Max
Hi Max! This trip we took a lot of selfies, it was our theme for the trip, lol. There was a photo pass photographer at the fountain and she snapped the pic. (We didn’t ask her to) We took a couple of regular poses too.

Dory71

Original Poster
We left HS and took the Friendship boats to Epcot so that we could check in to get our AP magnet. Later that afternoon we drove over to the outlet mall for a little bit of shopping. My main stops were The Disney Outlet ( of course) and Vera Bradley. We grabbed dinner at Freddy’s for burgers and custard. My brother and sister in law were staying at Shades of Green and we stopped in to check out their room. I was very impressed with the size and cleanliness. I jokingly told them that they would be disappointed when they come stay with us at the Wilderness lodge. We decided we should make this an annual trip for us and book Shades of Green for next year!

Dory71

Original Poster
We have done the MNSSHP once before and thoroughly enjoyed it. We debated whether or not to do it this trip because it was just us 4 adults. When my SIL was able to get discounted tickets it became a no brainer. We all agreed to do it this trip. I am usually all about getting a theme and costumes together but that did not happen this trip. I did have a Figment theme shirt made for the trip and was able to find a pair of Figment ears in my daughter’s collection. We arrived at the MK before 4 and made our way through the “backlot tour” to Tomorrowland.
AC17B2A8-32D1-4769-84F3-65FF2C4F1F19.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom