Trip Report You don't have to tell me twice to book a trip to Disney!!

As soon as the Labor Day week special was announced I saw it on Facebook and tagged my husband. He said...book it! So of course I booked it, you don't have to tell me twice to book a Disney trip. It will be my husband (B) and myself (Dory) currently booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort from Sept. 3-8th, 2018. I'll post more details and pics later.

Dory71

Original Poster
Plans are a changin'. Trying to decide if we should keep the package or just book a room and renew our AP's. Both kids will be in college come the fall so my hubby thinks more trips could be in our future. Decisions, decisions??

Dory71

Original Poster
A4221E2A-17EC-422E-868E-42435318FA0D.jpeg
Here we are Nov 2017. Currently waiting on a call from travel agent to see if we will change our plans. B’s brother and sister in law will be there Aug 31-Sept 3 so we are trying to coordinate with them.

Last edited:

Dory71

Original Poster
I haven't done a lot of planning for this trip which is so unlike me. My husband has booked lunch reservations at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming and breakfast at the Whispering Canyon. I did book painting on da bayou for us. Has anyone ever done this before? It sounds like fun.

Dory71

Original Poster
Just booked the VIPassholder nights for Epcot on Sept. 6th. For once an event coincides with our trip dates!! Getting excited for the trip!

Dory71

Original Poster
It is finally starting to feel like this trip in nearing. I have been busy with moving my youngest in to college 7 hours away and unable to concentrate on much else. He seems to like it and is adjusting well so it makes me feel better. I sure do miss him. I knew I would need this trip to get my mind off of things. Gotta start my packing list.

Zipadeelady

I hope the weather was better than how it looked on your early post. Someday I would love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but until then I can't wait to read your trip report!

Dory71

Original Poster
I hope the weather was better than how it looked on your early post. Someday I would love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but until then I can't wait to read your trip report!
Actually we really lucked out with the weather. Only had to put on raincoats 1 day.

Dory71

Original Poster
We checked in and requested a room with 2 queen beds because my brother in law and sister in law would be joining us on Monday. I think the CM was trying to make some magic happen but our room was not available. We checked our bags with bell services and decided to grab lunch at Geyser Point.

Dory71

Original Poster
No room ready text so we headed over to the Magic Kingdom for a bit. You can tell I am a novice at trip reports because I didn’t take notes and I am having a hard time remembering exactly what we did. I apologize in advance. I know we did things that didn’t require a wait like IASW and Mickey’s Philharmagic. Still no text but we decided to head back to the WL to see if our room was available.

Dory71

Original Poster
Sorry I have been MIA but I am working on an accounting and payroll conversion at work and I am a 1 person department . Back to the trip. Apparently the elevator at WL was still not fixed and remained that way our entire trip. We were on the 6th floor in a corner room with a nice view of the pool area.
3FC27887-AEC4-47C3-A9DA-5CCB68F65B99.jpeg
51660290-E5CA-4469-9352-4ACEB6D84356.jpeg
B09BDAB9-4E6E-47A7-9256-61B20411DF32.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom