You can see AKl from Hwy 192

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just something I noticed.

You can see the Animal Kingdom Lodge, plain as day, from Hwy 192 (West Irlo Bronson Hwy), which is just when leaving the Disney, take a right on to Hwy 192 and go down past the Chik-Fil-A and sure enough on the right you'll see it. It's right there, and close.

crazygirley

Well, yes, yes you can! And get this! You can see 192 from some of the balconies at AKL, too! And you can hear cars screeching at the lights and subwoofers, too. It spoils nothing for me, though! :p

You can also see ASMovies from 192, too!

Pioneer Hall

You can see a lot of Pop Century from one of the roads out that way too. But I don't know what road it is because I don't really know that much about Lake Buena Vistas Roads (except I-Drive and what is in WDW).

MagicalMonorail

This brings back a memory for me. We hadn't been to Disney in awhile, so we didn't know what the AKL looked like. We got lost driving to WDW, so when we were driving down we saw the big roof. We took a wild guess and thought it might be Disney and headed for it. Sure enough, we got there!

crazygirley

DisneyInsider said:
You can see a lot of Pop Century from one of the roads out that way too. But I don't know what road it is because I don't really know that much about Lake Buena Vistas Roads (except I-Drive and what is in WDW).
Osceola Parkway.

StevenT

You can see that new Bonnet Creek timeshare thing from the 4th floor of Pop Century. It confused the heck out of me wondering what it was. It was only when I got home that I realized that it's a hotel not on Disney property, but surrounded by Disney property.

DigitalDisney

You can also see some of the taller hotels from the AK (and AKL, I assume) parking lot.

I believe you can also see the very top of the Dolphin from 192, although it's harder to spot.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
well

Well I know it didnt destroy any atmosphere for the one poster here, but, I would think if I paid such a high price for a Disney resort that was themed to be out in the middle of Afrida, that looking out my balcony hearing cars and seeing lights from the highways. I just think the atmosphere would suffer.

KevinPage

A great view of MGM, Dolphin/Swan and Tower of Terror, is when you leave Celebration and take World Drive (which you can access off 192 as well) straight onto Disney property, as you transverse a turn in the road, the skyline fills up with all those Disney icons. :)

Wahoo2424

...and in the other direction on 192, there is a comfort suites back behind the amusement area. If you have a room on the top level (I believe its either 6 or 7), you can see ToT and SSE off in the distance.

Figment1986

I remember seeing it when my bus took a detour on it trying not to get into I-4 traffic comming home from Magic Music Days....

That was a sight to see for me...

Ringo8n24

That is so wild! I have never noticed the AKL from 192 and I have been over 17 times. We ALWAYs stop at Chick Filet on the way out...it is like a ritual...and we have never ever noticed that. I will have to check it out this September.

tecowdw

Hey, we always go to Chik Filet on 192 also, several times during our stay. Our ritual "must visit" though is the one off the OBT exit when coming from the airport. :king:

niteobsrvr

civileng68 said:
Well I know it didnt destroy any atmosphere for the one poster here, but, I would think if I paid such a high price for a Disney resort that was themed to be out in the middle of Afrida, that looking out my balcony hearing cars and seeing lights from the highways. I just think the atmosphere would suffer.

Thats why rooms with a savannah view are higher priced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom