You Can Clearly See Though This Wand Update - 8/1

Rob562

Anyone else think it's weird that they are removing everything around the wand/stub and have not removed it yet? :confused: Would think they would start at the top and work their way down, not jump around like that. :shrug:

Perhaps they've determined that because it's two relatively small pieces, it'll be easier just to keep them attached and have them come down when they remove that section of the structure. Why spend additional labor taking it down from up in the air when you can do it once it's on the ground?

-Rob

metscool

Maybe they are not removing the wand itself. Maybe they are doing something with the tower itself. Making a bigger wand thats why they haven't removed the wand/stub

TomorrowlandTyler

They don't waste any time getting to work at night. Tonight there were sparks flying over the refurb wall right after Illuminations ended, when everyone was beginning to leave... Also I love the projection they now do on SSE after Illuminations. Its like the Earth Barge Globe rotating and ILLUMINATIONS scrolls across in the opposite direction...I personally never saw it before.

pacochran

Thanks for the picture. Can't wait to see it in December when we go. For me it will be odd, because I've never seen it without the Wand.

tirian

Exactly...It's the whole "forced perspective" effect working. Now that SSE doesn't have a large steel structure towering over it it appears to be much larger.

Actually, SSE doesn't have any forced perspective. It really is as big as it looks.

You could consider the wand to be a reversed form of forced perspective: instead of making things look larger, the wand made SSE seem to shrink.

uklad79

Hopefully last night the last piece of the hand was removed. That leaves the wand section to be removed on Thursday night before they have Fri & Sat off. Next Sun, Mon & Tues should be enough to remove the remaining tower as it's a more standard structure it should be easy to remove. Then by the end of next week they will hopefully start removing the stars on SSE as a daytime crew work on the landscaping. I can not see the same crew working with the crane having anything to do with the landscaping.

Jellyfish

Wow thats being done really quickly, it would probably take our UK builders about 4 years to even start the work let alone finish it :brick:

teebin

These are classic pictures and probably the best in terms of timing. The gray skies and soft lighting make it all look so half baked and sad. From a design standpoint, don't the stars look sooo out of place now that there is nothing there to justify them. Again, great great pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom