YOAMUD#5! - Oy, what a World

Horizons1

Original Poster
Greetings folks and salutations to all you non-folks. Welcome to the Year of A Million Updates! And this one is very special because its the 5th installment! So to mark this milestone, I'll be putting pictures in this update. It'll almost be like you're there!

And now, without further a do...

Work continues on the DVC circle...

dsc06006cq1.jpg

dsc06008zu0.jpg

New method of testing height, instead of balloons they're now using people...

dsc06015jf8.jpg

Something somewhere, was having a hotter day than the rest of us...

dsc06010tr9.jpg

Work continues on Quein', the new preshow to Soarin'...

dsc06017bu7.jpg

DSC06018.jpg

Some private event in Epcot. I didn't get an invite...

DSC06026.jpg

They even got a hold of the AA! NOOOO!!!

DSC06027.jpg

DSC06039.jpg

DSC06040.jpg

Will I get in the AA to see the new ending?! And what about WOL? Tune in next post to find out...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Instead of closing the harbor, King George is closing the AA. NOOOOO!!!

DSC06041.jpg

It was at this point I panicked because I knew if I didn't get that video the members of WDWMagic.com would beat me into a bloody pulp. But luckily, they were loading for the show in the exit. Hooray! I get to live for another day!

DSC06029.jpg

And, in case you hadn't seen it. Video of the new AA finale...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3802ZBOAKb4

More special events in Italy...

DSC06043.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

Wandering around Epcot, I went to check if anything was going on at the not so wonderous WOL...

DSC06104.jpg

Interestingly, the stroller parking flowerbed has been torn up...

DSC06103.jpg

DSC06105.jpg

And now, WOL newest exhibit, a pile of dirt...

DSC06108.jpg

And so she sits...or he. Anybody know how to check this thing?....

DSC06109.jpg

Old news to you but new to me, Innoventions minus the towers...

DSC06118.jpg

Oh, you know theres more coming. Dont even ask...

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for posting the AA show ending. I really like the new scenes. Tastefully done. I don't like how they chopped the song (wish they would have extended it and re-recorded it), but that's ok. I just miss the transition from the Landing quote to the second bridge.

Horizons1

Original Poster
More...minus the tower...

DSC06128.jpg

Work over near the Art of Disney...

DSC06141.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

Man, I hope the future Epcot is retro...

DSC06147.jpg

Leaving, something that'll have a Legacy of being hated...

DSC06149.jpg

DSC06150.jpg

Great day to be at the parks, a little hot though. I finally went on Soarin' again and I have a question. How many seats are in a row? I counted 11 but I think I messed up. I'm trying to figure out how it gets a capacity of 87. And there are 9 rows so... I dunno.

The AA update. I enjoyed it, its nothing major but its great to see. They also updated the dialouge in the opening scene, which I was hoping they would. When Ben Franklin is asking Mark Twain if recognizes the words of John Steinbeck, they changed the line of "Here in the twentieth century" to "Back in the twentieth century." So anyways, I'll be back, but until then, relax, chill, and have a magical day.

Vernonpush

Great update. Thanks for the pics & video.
As for Soarin' seating, it depends on which row, the #3 rows have even fewer seats than rows 1 & 2 on the A & C sections, to better conform with the screen shape. (did that make any sense?:lol: )

Buford

great update, thank you!!!

The AA update. I enjoyed it, its nothing major but its great to see. They also updated the dialouge in the opening scene, which I was hoping they would. When Ben Franklin is asking Mark Twain if recognizes the words of John Steinbeck, they changed the line of "Here in the twentieth century" to "Back in the twentieth century." So anyways, I'll be back, but until then, relax, chill, and have a magical day.

actually, this isn't a new change.... that was changed sometime in the early 00s.......

mickeysaver

First, I would like to say thank you to you for the update. Great work!

Second, I have to say that the images from 9/11 still cause me a great deal of pain to see. I find them just as painful as the images of the space shuttle Challenger exploding. These are events that while I did not witness them personally and had no direct personal connection to anyone personally involved, just affected me greatly.

While I can see that history continues to be made on an moment by moment basis, and that attractions like this need to be updated, I wish that they had left out the 9/11 images. The song is emotional enough and seeing the images like that, it's just overly emotional for me. I don't know that I can hold it together enough in public to go in now. I love AA, but I don't want to make a scene being a big blubbering baby in front of a crowd either. Maggie

Horizons1

Original Poster
A few random shots...and maybe one or two I forgot *hehe*

China is still under walls and those walls remind me of the WOM...

DSC06047.jpg

Stuff on one of the islands in the SSL...

DSC06013.jpg

DSC06012.jpg

The piano in Pioneer Hall has been removed and in its place is a model of a Keel Boat...

DSC05994.jpg

Random...

DSC06021.jpg

DSC06093.jpg

DSC06069.jpg

DSC06115.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

DSC06170.jpg

jiminy.cricket

I love your pix! Thanks for the updates! And I love the new ending too! I couldn't see too well, but it looks like David Ho and Rock Hudson replaced Ryan White, and Michelle Kwan replaced Kristi Yamaguchi :(. I didn't see Oprah or Marilyn either; maybe no one was replaced and I just couldn't see the darker parts. Argh, I can't wait to go see it!

But I think it's gonna be a long, long time 'till touchdown brings me' round again this time...

Second, I have to say that the images from 9/11 still cause me a great deal of pain to see. I find them just as painful as the images of the space shuttle Challenger exploding. These are events that while I did not witness them personally and had no direct personal connection to anyone personally involved, just affected me greatly.

While I can see that history continues to be made on an moment by moment basis, and that attractions like this need to be updated, I wish that they had left out the 9/11 images. The song is emotional enough and seeing the images like that, it's just overly emotional for me. I don't know that I can hold it together enough in public to go in now. I love AA, but I don't want to make a scene being a big blubbering baby in front of a crowd either. Maggie

I can see where you're coming from, but as a new yorker, i think the images are very tasteful and very well done. Im the daughter of two NYPD cops, and there are 3 FDNY members and another cop in my extended family. So, I knew people, but instead of those images instilling pain, they instill so much pride for new york, and for the country. the images they chose i think are great symbols of our strength afterwards. I loved it. Oh and a cool little piece of info, one of those three firefighters raising the flag went to my highschool.

jessfriends

They're just old (sorry to upset you if thats the case) just like how theres a few wheelchairs that still have that logo on them for rent.

I know they are old but I have never saw them before and it just made me happy lol. I saw the wheelchairs before and the plastic drink stirs last year when I went. I was just happy to see the logo being used in the park.

DisneySaint

Great day to be at the parks, a little hot though. I finally went on Soarin' again and I have a question. How many seats are in a row? I counted 11 but I think I messed up. I'm trying to figure out how it gets a capacity of 87. And there are 9 rows so... I dunno.

Gates A and C have 3 rows of 10, 10, and 7.
Gate B has 3 rows of 11.
Total = 87

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom