Yoamd 2008

dannb1001

Original Poster
Question regarding the newly redone Haunted Mansion. How come, and I am sure this was already discussed in other forums, how come the stretching room does not feature the ghost host floating around the room or the gargoiles moving or whatever they were supposed to do? I thought this was even listed on Disneyworlds website that these would be a new addition?

fusionblaz

I would like to know why WDW does not consider creating a parade like Tokyos Dreamlights. Not necessarily the exact same parade but, just something similar. There is no reason why WDW could not do this. Even a scaled down version of the parade would be awesome I think. A parade like Dreamlights would be AMAZING at WDW. Does anyone know if Disney imagineers or whoever is incharge have considered this? I have to imagine WDW is very aware of Dreamlights and what a amazing, technology advanced parade it is.

CThaddeus

Question regarding the newly redone Haunted Mansion. How come, and I am sure this was already discussed in other forums, how come the stretching room does not feature the ghost host floating around the room or the gargoiles moving or whatever they were supposed to do? I thought this was even listed on Disneyworlds website that these would be a new addition?

He's not supposed to be physically floating around the room (ie. you never were supposed to see him). All they did was add speakers (128 of them if I remember correctly) around the chamber so that supposedly it would feel as if he were moving around/through you. I tried both stretching rooms when I was there a couple weeks ago, and while you do notice the voice moving around more, I never felt like he was swirling around and through me. Also, the gargoyles are supposedly whispering things after the doors are opened and people are filing out. It's not terribly loud (hence "whispering") and no, the gargoyles don't move, but it does occur. The whole thing was okay, but it didn't wow me like I had expected. The right chamber seemed slightly better than the left, but neither were as impressive as it was made out to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom