Yoamd 2008

jakeman

So much better.
I've seen Fantasmic countless times since it opened and I have never noticed any significant changes regarding the quality of the performance.

There have been some minor show element changes (lighting on the monkey boats is the first that comes to mind) but nothing that would affect the quality of the show in my opinion.

I would be curious as to what these changes were.

Edit:

Wikipedia said:
The original finale for the Florida version of the show was said to involve Mickey walking on the surface of the river and rising up in a column of water to slay the dragon. While some say the effect suffered from technical problems, others suggest that former Disney CEO Michael Eisner felt the concept had too many religious parallels. A simpler ending of Mickey using the sword in the stone was used instead. However, the show's CD (Fantasmic! Good Clashes with Evil in a Nighttime Spectacular (1998 CD)) had already been produced with the last track called "Mickey Walks On Water/Evil Destroyed."
Is this what you are refering to?

If so, they must have swapped this out fairly quickly. The show debuted in October 1998 and my CP started in May 1999 and I never saw this ending.

DisneyChik17

I've seen Fantasmic countless times since it opened and I have never noticed any significant changes regarding the quality of the performance.

There have been some minor show element changes (lighting on the monkey boats is the first that comes to mind) but nothing that would affect the quality of the show in my opinion.

I would be curious as to what these changes were.

Edit:

Is this what you are refering to?

If so, they must have swapped this out fairly quickly. The show debuted in October 1998 and my CP started in May 1999 and I never saw this ending.

I was just saying that it must have been so much better considering the poor guy can't even watch it. And since he knew what it was from the start, I would imagine that whole walks on water thing would be part of it.

dannb1001

Original Poster
How true is this rumor of MSEP returning to WDW? Is this something that will happen in 2008? Wonder if this would be a temporary thing again while SpectroMagic gets rehab or something.

kcw

How true is this rumor of MSEP returning to WDW? Is this something that will happen in 2008? Wonder if this would be a temporary thing again while SpectroMagic gets rehab or something.

I wouldn't get hopes up quite yet- the only two that I heard as possibilities were PoD and fantillusion (don't mis-understand, I'm not saying that I know all or anything!) and personally I think that after Spectro goes down it would probably be the end, not just a rehab-- meaning that they'd look for something more permanant to replace it. And if that's the case, I think they'd take fantillusion over MSEP.... that's already been there once, I can't see them bringing it back and leaving it there for an extended amount of time.... I think the greatest likelyhood is that we'll get fantillusion and keep it for a while... but again, just my opinion

ndiniz

I can hardly wait to go! I know the odds of me winning one of the prizes in the 2008 YOAMD are slim to none, but still it's better than nothing!

dannb1001

Original Poster
Well I hope we will get a new parade soon. Hate to wait till 2009 or so but for some reason I doubt anything will happen till then. Also not sure why Disneyland Paris would give up Fantillusion but, who knows. The parade is alright but I mean really, WDW would be SOO much better off doing something similar to Tokyos Electrical Parade Dreamlights. That parade would do SO well in WDW. That is one amazing parade I have to say. I know the floats in general I heard are way to big for the MK parade route though. It would have to be rebuilt or something to fit.

POD would be very nice at WDW. Heh anything would be better than Disney Dreams Come True Parade.

Let me add, Is there a possibility that MGM/Disney studios could get Fantillusion in place of Fantasmic? Then MK could have POD or something and have it shown twice daily like Disneyland does? Personally I think that situation would really suck considering, first I hate MGM studios and secondly MK would REALLY suck without a light parade.
For some reason though I could easily see this arangment happening I'm sorry to say.

kcw

Well I hope we will get a new parade soon. Hate to wait till 2009 or so but for some reason I doubt anything will happen till then. Also not sure why Disneyland Paris would give up Fantillusion but, who knows. The parade is alright but I mean really, WDW would be SOO much better off doing something similar to Tokyos Electrical Parade Dreamlights. That parade would do SO well in WDW. That is one amazing parade I have to say. I know the floats in general I heard are way to big for the MK parade route though. It would have to be rebuilt or something to fit.

POD would be very nice at WDW. Heh anything would be better than Disney Dreams Come True Parade.

Let me add, Is there a possibility that MGM/Disney studios could get Fantillusion in place of Fantasmic? Then MK could have POD or something and have it shown twice daily like Disneyland does? Personally I think that situation would really suck considering, first I hate MGM studios and secondly MK would REALLY suck without a light parade.
For some reason though I could easily see this arangment happening I'm sorry to say.

Dreamlights would be AMAZING... but we'd never get that lucky!

Fantillusion in place of fantasmic??? A parade replacing a show that has a specific theatre built entirely for it?? I can never see that one happening....

I don't think the MK would go without a light parade- that's why to me it would seem more likely for them to take fantillusion as their nighttime parade, and keep DCT for a little while longer- especially since they just redid it. It's definitely not my favorite parade, but it has grown on me gradually...

dannb1001

Original Poster
Yeah that is true about Fantasmic. I just thought its kind of the same concept, sort of, between good and evil.

Fantillusion just reminds me a lot of SpectroMagic as far as outdated floats. I guess Fantillusion does have a few cool things about it but, lol i dont know. Then again I have never seen Fantilusion in person so, just have seen videos. I just heard that Paris downgraded it from Tokyos version. Can only imagine what WDW would do to it lol, jk. You would think they would want an updated parade with recent characters like buzz, nemo, etc.

I would assume Spectro would go to Paris if Fantillusion came here am I correct?

kcw

Yeah that is true about Fantasmic. I just thought its kind of the same concept, sort of, between good and evil.

Fantillusion just reminds me a lot of SpectroMagic as far as outdated floats. I guess Fantillusion does have a few cool things about it but, lol i dont know. Then again I have never seen Fantilusion in person so, just have seen videos. I just heard that Paris downgraded it from Tokyos version. Can only imagine what WDW would do to it lol, jk. You would think they would want an updated parade with recent characters like buzz, nemo, etc.

I would assume Spectro would go to Paris if Fantillusion came here am I correct?

ya it's basically the same concept- it was actually modeled after fantasmic!

I do agree with you on the floats though- some of them are a little cheesy. And ya, Paris has quite a watered down version from the original, that's why it scares me to see what WDW would do if they got their hands on it!!

I think a lot of people are quite sick of the overutilization of Pixar characters so I'm sure that would create quite the stir. Personally, i'm not against it but many people are. Plus, BPB that is opening at the studios is strictly Pixar characters.

Ya, I can't see them having two light parades- plus spectro is going to fall to pieces any second.. literally! You'll know what happened if all the sudden one of the trumpeteers falls through the floor of the float!!!

dannb1001

Original Poster
Wow Spectro is that old huh? lol

Do you know for a fact the end is near for Spectro and Fantillusion is strongly tiped to go to WDW? Or is this all just speculation. Just curious. Kind of sounds like you are, or have, worked with SpectroMagic to know if the floats are falling apart and the trumpets could fall through the floor lol. I was wondering if there is a lot of talk going on in the back about its replacement.

Happen to notice the name of the Christmas castle show or whatever it will be this year? Castle "Dream Lights" lol wonder why they chose that name lol. I am sure it has absolutly nothing to do with the parade what so ever why they chose that name but lol still the name is interesting. Wonder if they will use the new Dreamlights Christmas Parade soundtrack or something that Tokyo Disneyland is releasing this year.

kcw

Wow Spectro is that old huh? lol

Do you know for a fact the end is near for Spectro and Fantillusion is strongly tiped to go to WDW? Or is this all just speculation. Just curious. Kind of sounds like you are, or have, worked with SpectroMagic to know if the floats are falling apart and the trumpets could fall through the floor lol. I was wondering if there is a lot of talk going on in the back about its replacement.

Happen to notice the name of the Christmas castle show or whatever it will be this year? Castle "Dream Lights" lol wonder why they chose that name lol. I am sure it has absolutly nothing to do with the parade what so ever why they chose that name but lol still the name is interesting. Wonder if they will use the new Dreamlights Christmas Parade soundtrack or something that Tokyo Disneyland is releasing this year.

Well I don't know about replacements for sure- WDW getting fantillusion or PoD are just rumors I heard. But i do know for sure that spectro is falling apart, so to me personally, getting fantillusion to replace it just makes more sense than getting PoD. (although I'm just assuming that if they get PoD it will replace DCT... I could be totally wrong on that one though- who knows, they might replace spectro with PoD and have it run as well as DCT.... and have no light parade... but that would be pretty lame).

Spectro is about 15 years old I believe...

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I say fix up Spectro send it out to DCA and bring back MSEP for the time being then during that time create a whole new show for WDW

on the topic of YOAMD,does anyone know if its orchestrated theme is an original piece?Or is it borrowed I heard it on the planning DVD and again on the WDW site and its AMAZING!!

dannb1001

Original Poster
Bad thing is new parades are not annouced really well all the time I feel. Like for instance, The Disney Dreams Come True Parade was not annouced right off the bat. I just happen to read through a post one day and read about it that it was starting the next day or something.

With the new Christmas parade, I knew nothing about that till I was reading through a artical online one day.

Guess my point is, If Spectro does leave finally or we get a new day parade, I hope it will be annouced well. LOL I would assume though Spectro would probably be a Major converstation on here if anything offical was released about it.

kateface517

I say fix up Spectro send it out to DCA and bring back MSEP for the time being then during that time create a whole new show for WDW

on the topic of YOAMD,does anyone know if its orchestrated theme is an original piece?Or is it borrowed I heard it on the planning DVD and again on the WDW site and its AMAZING!!

The theme is borrowed from the score of the live action Peter Pan. I believe the composer is James Newton Howard.

dannb1001

Original Poster
Thanks KCW,

Speaking of parades, do you know anything about the new christmas parade for this year? as far as floats and music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom