Trip Report Yikes...55 days to go, I better get this thing started! Oh yeah, we're live now

Well, were down to 55 days so I guess we should get this started. You were with us for the 16th, 17th, and the epic bungalow 18th so why not include you in on the 19th! So I guess its time for the WWWW&W,

The Who: The cast for this anniversary debacle should be no surprise:

Me (#BlueSteel)
12647350_10206093027506835_1658091901323373612_n.jpg

DW
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7981811636.jpeg

What can I say, we love each other to death…
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

The What: Details to follow.

The When: September 16th-21st. We’re pretty locked into these dates since we are flying for this trip. This will be the rare bubble visit where vacation creep does not play a role like just about all others have for us in the past.

The Where: We’ve got ourselves some banked Poly points so why not burn through those! 5-nights at the Poly will be our longest stretch at the resort and we couldn’t be more excited! Typically we’ve only visited for a single night before or after a cruise.

The Why: 19 years of marital bliss, of course! What better way to earmark an occasion than visiting the house that the mouse built!

More details to follow!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So this was our afternoon right up til about 1:00
IMG_0551.JPG

Around 1:00 is when i got the word that @Zipitidoda and @blgauger were in the poly lobby!!! We went to room to pick up a beer gift for Zip's hubby. The "group" decided on Captain Cook's. DW and i went with the nachos and the pork sandwich.
IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

I was also enjoying this fruity IPA from a small brewery in Indiana courtesy of Zip and her hubby
IMG_0574.JPG

We talked for awhile sharing family stories and Disney knowledge before parting ways for the evening, @blgauger had plans for HS and @Zipitidoda had and ADR to get to at CG. We said our goodbyes but not before getting a few pictures!
IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

Up next: MK and an ADR change up

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Nice get together! Is that post placed strategically?
Thats called "random stranger taking pictures"

So after a sweet WDWMagic M&G we made for a quick trip to MK. Upon entering main street i saw this:
IMG_0588.JPG

At first i thought this girl had fallen and went to help her up....then i saw the camera
IMG_0590.JPG

Thinking this may be the latest "dabbing" trend I decided to give it a go
IMG_0591.JPG

Nope, its not for me...

We had a BTM FP burning up so we made for frontier land. Along the way we decided to see if Skipper's had any availability, the wait was 40 minutes so we gave them our number for a text and made for BTM. Along the way we were sad to see this sight
IMG_0594.JPG

Skippers Canteen is coming up

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member

coachwnh

So after a sweet WDWMagic M&G we made for a quick trip to MK. Upon entering main street i saw this:
View attachment 230415

At first i thought this girl had fallen and went to help her up....then i saw the camera
View attachment 230417

Thinking this may be the latest "dapping" trend I decided to give it a go
View attachment 230419

Nope, its not for me...

We had a BTM FP burning up so we made for frontier land. Along the way we decided to see if Skipper's had any availability, the wait was 40 minutes so we gave them our number for a text and made for BTM. Along the way we were sad to see this sight
View attachment 230424

Too Funny!!!!!

Kiwiduck

View attachment 230415

View attachment 230417

Thinking this may be the latest "dapping" trend I decided to give it a go
View attachment 230419

Nope, its not for me...

View attachment 230424

That is a hilarious level of commitment to "getting the shot".
I hope we get to see the photo you took during your actual re-enactment!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
After our BTM FP we made it back to SK and had about a 5 minute wait before our table was ready! We originally had an ADR here for Monday but figured that we needed a place to eat tonight so we canceled that. The restaurant was hopping. The themeing was very well done, in general.
IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

We were quickly greeted with cheery disposition and delivered a classic Jungle Cruise monolog for the menu. Should be no surprise but went tapas style again. We decided to share the Orinico Ida's Cachapas, Falls Family Falafel, and the Char Siu Pork.
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG

My apologies for the poor lighting.

The falafel was well done but not a stand out. The Siu pork was your typical asian flavored pork, i liked it but DW thought it to be too sweet. The winner of the meal were the Cachapas! These little guys were full of flavor and the lime/avocado cream was amazing, I highly recommend this app!

Overall id say Skippers is somewhere between just fine and good. As MK standards go its probably one of the better sit down restaurants. It's certainly is no where near as bad as Tony's and we liked the food better than BOG. I think the food still scares the commoners which is a good thing because it makes walk up availability easy!

We finished dinner in just enough time for our SDMT FP. Folks, if your time for the FP is still 20 minutes away, get...out...of...line!
IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

I went for a Glamour Shot pose then a little KISS action...

We strolled over to the People Mover followed by Carousel, and finally SM before heading back home. This window display with Daisy caught our eye, i really liked it and i just love the tiny CM badges they make for them!
IMG_0605.JPG

Oh yeah, on our way out we took advantage of the DVC AP special and upgraded our Platinum passes to Platinum Plus passes....FOR FREE!!!! So that means we will probably be hitting a water park this afternoon after HS!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we waited about 20 minutes at HS for the AK/BB bus then immediately walked on to the BB bus at AK. A short ride later and we arrived for our first ever visit to BB!
IMG_0621.JPG

This has to be the both the happiest and saddest sceene at the same time. I mean, cute snowman family having fun but also slowly dying....merry and morose.
IMG_0622.JPG

We had fun at BB but waterparks are just not my thing unless its me floating in the lazy river for a couple of hours with a beer in my hand.

The food offerings at BB were lacking so we shared a pretzel and decided to make for Nomad Lounge back at AK. I sent a message to a few folks and apparently I didnt scare @Zipitidoda yesterday enough and they joined us for nice couple hours of conversation!(did we convince J to take a cruise, Zip?) The NL menu has changed a but since our last visit.

IMG_0625.JPG

The DW and I each got a Wakulla and shared the lionfish tacos and poutine. The tacos were ok but the poutine was excellent!
IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

I went with a Kungaloosh for my second round and the DW went with churros. The chili-strawberry dip was good but DIFFERENT!!
IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

Zip and her hubby had a FP to get to so we parted ways and are now heading back to the Poly to get ready for our AP dinner.

OH!!! Anyone notice anything missing as you walk from the bus to AK???
IMG_0624.JPG

Last edited:

Trisha Lynn

Sorry to have missed you, but we had problems getting into our hotel room and then the Hobbit really needed to sleep. If you'll be at Trader Sam's tonight or tomorrow night, we'll catch ya there. If not, I hope the rest of your anniversary trip is awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom