YETI & THUNDER MOUNTAIN ROCKS NEED TO BE TURNED BACK ON

SHOULD THE YETI & THUNDER MOUNTAIN ROCKS BE TURNED BACK ON?

• Total voters

blackbears28

Original Poster
I do understand that because of the incident at Disneyland Paris that disney has decided to turn them off. But permanently!??? There has got to be a way they can be turned on but assembled to make sure they don't fall. Decades and never a problem and now disney decides to never turn them back on. Doesn't make sense. There's got to be a way they can still be turned back on but to also keep safety in mind.

DizFiz

I think it would be a no brainier to vote yes... I'm sure everyone would love to see these things back in action. The third lift hill is nothing to spectacular in BTM without the rocks moving IMO. For the yeti well just get him moving... I had enough of yeti doing Saturday Night Fever impressions.

topher

Forget the rocks, I wish they would replace our BTMR with the Disneyland Paris BTMR completely. It was AWESOME!
While they are at it they can give us Paris' Phantom Manor and POTC.

AllyInWonderland

I do understand that because of the incident at Disneyland Paris that disney has decided to turn them off. But permanently!??? There has got to be a way they can be turned on but assembled to make sure they don't fall. Decades and never a problem and now disney decides to never turn them back on. Doesn't make sense. There's got to be a way they can still be turned back on but to also keep safety in mind.
What was the incident in DL Paris?

Rob562

Is that a screen??? How could they do that without having an infinite amount of rocks???

The falling rocks at the top are on sticks (and one or two possibly on cables). Those were removed LONG ago, so long that I'm not sure I've ever seen them in-person. The wiggle/shake rocks in the walls on either side worked until recently, when they were turned off (possibly bolted in place).

-Rob

CheekBoys

The falling rocks at the top are on sticks (and one or two possibly on cables). Those were removed LONG ago, so long that I'm not sure I've ever seen them in-person. The wiggle/shake rocks in the walls on either side worked until recently, when they were turned off (possibly bolted in place).

-Rob

Wow that is pretty impressive! That almost looks real!

luv

I don't actually remember the moving rocks on EE and don't miss those, but I do miss the moving rocks on BTMR quite a bit.

Couldn't they just put up some nets?

Rob562

I don't actually remember the moving rocks on EE and don't miss those, but I do miss the moving rocks on BTMR quite a bit.

Couldn't they just put up some nets?

I do not believe there have been moving rocks on EE, just BTMRR.
(EE has had the bird, mist, fog and Yeti disabled)

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that a screen??? How could they do that without having an infinite amount of rocks???
Rocks on rods (7 I recall) that would reset after each train. The rails the rods ran up and down on are still there. You can just catch a glimpse of them at the right time as you pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom