Yet Another Reason Why Mann's Chinese Theatre is Now Blocked at MGM

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It seems Six Flags has opened a new theme park in Madrid...and done quite a nice job with it. It's called Warner Bros. Movie World, and it is as close as Six Flags has come to copying disney. Much like Walt Disney Studios Paris, the website (www.warnerbrospark.com) opens with "Lights...Camera..." and instead of "magic", they use "FUN!". The copying gets worse...the entrance to the park? None other than "Hollywood Boulevard". And what lies at the end of Hollywood Boulevard? A clone a Mann's Chinese Theatre with a Marvin the Martian 3D movie inside! http://www.warnerbrospark.com/ingles/index.html
I am appalled...but I'll give Six Flags credit where due...they built a new park with five great coasters...and a LOT of other attractions...too bad it's in Madrid.

pheneix

Wow, that is a better park than I ever thought Premier could accomplish. If they were to ever build something of this caliber in the U.S., it might stand a chance of bringing SF into the top ten most attended parks in the country again.

A Six Flags that isn't embarrasingly cheap, imagine that.

Rider

Wow, a hollywood park and they used two major hollywood icons. Thats horrible!

What would you rather they use? And how do you think Disney got them? :D

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Rider
Wow, a hollywood park and they used two major hollywood icons. Thats horrible!

What would you rather they use? And how do you think Disney got them? :D

I think his point is that it is a very unoriginal idea.

Sketch105

I really see your point, and I entirely agree there are different ways to present it (The HOLLYWOOD HILLS sign?) and just smart ways to do it (Mann's theatre is very recognizable.). I still think its a travesty, though.

But the Mann's Chinese Theater is not the icon of the park. Second, Manns Chinese Theater is mimicked in every Six Flags Park nowadays. SF New England has a cafeteria made to look like Mann's.

You should take a look at SEOUL WORLD in KOREA. WE had a previous thread on it and it WAS ABSOLUTELY SICK HOW THEY COPIED DISNEY. SMALL WORLD RIDE, ASTROJETS, and the list goes on and on. They even have a horribly forced perspective castle as the ICON of the park!!! (Some named differently, but you can see the same resemblance in it.) :hammer:

They can do it because 1) its now where near Disney Studios Fla, and 2.) Copyright laws are different than here in the U.S.

Sketch105

Trust me, I don't think they planned to block it just because Six Flags Madrid has it. They've blocked publicity of Tokyo DisneySeas from reaching television or the newspapers (though they don't mind reporting the cheap version they're building in Hong Kong) They certainly don't see any problem with a little thing like that in Spain.

Pioneer Hall

If you look pask the movie stuff you can see that it is just another six flags coaster park. There is no way that it comes close to Disney's Standards of theme.

pheneix

I know, but it is still lightyears beyond any SF park we have over here. From what I have seen of SF Holland, it also looks much nicer than any SF over here as well.

WDWFREAK53

I really don't think that THIS is A reason that the GMR is being blocked by the hat...I mean, Six Flags New England has a small version of the Chinese Theater too. (and that's been open for 3 or 4 years now)

disneydisney

Yea I agree with WDWFREAK53. I don't think they are trying to block the GMR. Its still on the map and it's not like you can't get to it. Also, when I was there just the other day, from the side and behind the hat there is still alot of room. You still can get a picture of the Chinese Theather. It shocking to that first you see a hat and then you see the Chinese Theather and your in Hollywood. But you never know they might be blocking it and they might not. We will see.

light and magic

the reason why SF isn't building parks like this in the U.S. is because it would just be another rollercoaster park. They really don't have much to offer. In Europe however there weren't that many true rollercoaster parks until SF arrived and because they themed their rides with movies it made them extra special, like in Warner Bros. Movie World in Germany or Spain.

WDWFREAK53

Oh don't get me wrong...I feel there is MORE to this than meets the eye...That hat was strategically placed there for a reason...whether it's to REHAB the GMR or the Chinese Theater facade or it's to completely change the attraction...Something is up!

Sketch105

As me and WDWFREAK posted, heres the GrauMann's theatre at Six Flags New England

Attachments

• manntheatre.jpg
    manntheatre.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 288

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pheneix
HA! That "replica" is pathetic. Really, it is. Even the version over at Movie World is more detailed than that.

I do agree...but it IS a replica nonetheless... (This is a perfect example of how 6 flags differs from WDW)

Sketch105

Its a cartoon version. Its not supposed to be a replica. Its a caricature. Its in hte bugs bunny land, what do you expect???

Anyway, the point was that Six Flags uses the icon too. I still don't really care if Movie World has one. Its still not the icon of the park.

I said this before , but in a previous thread check out SEOUL WORLD in Kore..they sickly copy disney in every way.

WDWFREAK53

I hate to admit it...but the 6 flags New England actually looks like they are trying to THEME it... SCARY...but true

They have an old west section (ok, so there are off-the-shelf rides all over the park...) but they're trying

Like Sketch said, a Bugs Bunny land

A SuperHero Land

(I just hate going to 6 flags because they are ALL SOOOO SUBPAR compared to WDW (I'm just spoiled :) ))

bearboysnc

regarding that last picture....

Let's discuss the difference between a "replica" and an "artistic representation"

Replica = $$$$$
Artistic Representation = $

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom